• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The 2022 Offseason Thread

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I mean, maybe. Again, who's the backup Center though? We know Linderbaum isn't going to play, and if they don't view Mekari as an actual Center backup, then who is it? It's not like we're going 4-5 deep at that position to begin with.

I'm not saying they're not pumping Powers up for a trade, because maybe they are. I just would think we haven't seen nearly enough from Phillips or Cleveland, this early, to be like "yeah, we're good at LG with either one of those guys".

It COULD be a numbers game eventually. If they think or want to keep James, for example, then one of Powers, Phillips, or Cleveland becomes likely expendable. That means trading Powers makes some sense.

But again, if Mekari isn't being viewed as even the backup Center, which it sort of feels like he's not, then you really have nobody behind Linberbaum. Maybe Mekari is the emergency C and if Linderbaum gets hurt maybe TCC is on PS again and he's a call up, but that presumes that he can pass through waivers and make it to the PS to begin with, or that he doesn't make the 53. Tough to see how he does right now anyway.

I can foresee a possibility where they want Powers to get reps at C as either the backup or #3, which makes his roster spot more appealing to us vs somebody else. Maybe he makes the team with more positional versatility, even if he doesn't win the starting job.

i mean have i missed something?
what makes you think they dont see mekari as the backup C - that's where he's taken almost all of his reps during camp, it's where he's listed on the depth chart... why would he not be the backup C?

UPennChem

Hall of Famer

So we drafted an injury prone center and a stiff safety with our two 1st round picks in a must hit draft? Someone talk me off the ledge, I can’t help but be pessimistic, it’s my default

Yeah that sounds horrible to me tbh. Just seems so unlikely that if he's got a lingering issue from college just like Rashod, just like Kolar, that when it shows back up in practice that it's just magically going to go away. Like wtf. This dude is gonna in some random game this year rupture his Lisfranc.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I the LFW, Zriebec says both Duvernay and Wallace are stock down. Jaylon Moore is stock up.

If you recall, I posted that Lamar said his favorite person to talk to on the team is Jaylon because he's so funny. That certainly doesn't make him a good football player, but it was interesting that Lamar interacts with him enough to have immediately thought about him. He's been around for a few years and actually has deep ball speed. If Will Fuller isn't brought in before week 1, I'm expecting Moore to make the team as WR5.

moore's always been a preseason standout and i would be happy for him if he made a 53 but it's tough to imagine him making it given the fact that he's another smaller slot type guy which is a similar profile to the 3 guys ahead of him - i guess if he plays special teams that won't matter so much but still...

for what it's worth - zrebiec says in his stock up stock down piece about duvernay that it's more about the time he missed after his thigh contusion from the stadium practice than any actual poor/disappointing play

the wallace stuff is more concerning - obviously he's great in contested catch situations but he's going to have to be more than that vertically if he's going to win lamar's trust - doesn't matter if he'll win at the catch-point if lamar isn't going to throw it to him

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
Lmao stiff and slow safety.. i still like his game though lol
Oh yea, I’m hoping we look back the same way the chase stuff is looked back on. But Lindenbaum having this lingering issue worries me, I won’t be surprised in 2 weeks we hear he’s undergoing season ending surgery

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Yeah that sounds horrible to me tbh. Just seems so unlikely that if he's got a lingering issue from college just like Rashod, just like Kolar, that when it shows back up in practice that it's just magically going to go away. Like wtf. This dude is gonna in some random game this year rupture his Lisfranc.

it's not like it just randomly happened - he got his foot stepped on which caused it iirc

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor

So we drafted an injury prone center and a stiff safety with our two 1st round picks in a must hit draft? Someone talk me off the ledge, I can’t help but be pessimistic, it’s my default

One injury does not make someone injury prone. Meanwhile, they drafted what was considered by far the drafts best S and best C who both were dominant in college.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Oh yea, I’m hoping we look back the same way the chase stuff is looked back on. But Lindenbaum having this lingering issue worries me, I won’t be surprised in 2 weeks we hear he’s undergoing season ending surgery
So linderbaum always had this issue?

Michael M.

Pro Bowler
I don't understand why the heck they can't stay away from these players. They're like a magnet.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
it's not like it just randomly happened - he got his foot stepped on which caused it iirc
I wasn't clear so thank you for pointing that out. However, you actually made my point for me. Look this is football. It's extremely rough. People get stepped on constantly. This was just some random play in practice and look he's got a sprain on a part of his body that clearly has a lingering issue. Maybe I'm being to extreme, but if that's the state of his foot, how is he going to make it through a season. Would seem like they'd be sending him to his almost certain demise.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Apparently a really strong day for Hamilton today. Got an interception off of Huntley and won three of three match ups against Likely. Although one he definitely was holding Likely, but it didn't get called. Glad to see him have a really good day.

But the usual suspects in the secondary continue to be awful. More of Proche dusting Seymour relentlessly. Also Duv destroying him.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Apparently a really strong day for Hamilton today. Got an interception off of Huntley and won three of three match ups against Likely. Although one he definitely was holding Likely, but it didn't get called. Glad to see him have a really good day.

But the usual suspects in the secondary continue to be awful. More of Proche dusting Seymour relentlessly. Also Duv destroying him.

i think it probably doesnt help that the 3 presumptive starters at corner werent practicing today - marlon has missed 2 straight practices, stephens has now missed something like 6 straight apparently... and obviously MP's on PUP

also kyle fuller has apparently been burned a lot throughout camp so far

probably partly why we brought in daryl worley - just need someone, anyone to take some reps right now lol