• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The 2022 Offseason Thread

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Why was Proche not practicing??

i dont know for certain but... a lot of guys get days off around this time - especially with the tracking data they've got and are using this year they can monitor guys workloads so it's possible or even probable, especially with proche's work ethic and the fact he's been working all offseason, that he had an enforced day off

the work that proche and duvernay get on thursday may well go a long way to telling us how entrenched each of them are as the starters

i think it'll be very telling of how the team thinks of those 2 for this season if neither of them play a snap on thursday

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Anyone notice how Proche gets one rest day and then the offense is apparently totally incompetent? Maybe that's a total coincidence or maybe he and Bateman are the only receivers of any quality whatsoever on this team

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
I'm thinking with just how stout our DL and Secondary look, that Oweh and Houston are going to have really solid years rushing the passer. Would be incredible to see Bowser continue to improve and if we get anything positive out of Daelin or David, that would also be awesome. As a whole the defense should be really good.

On offense, the running game, the OL, and TEs should be really strong. The question I think will really come down to can someone between Bateman, Duvernay, Jaylon Moore become a somewhat consistent deep threat that makes teams have to respect a vertical passing game. If so, I believe people like Andrews, Likely, and Proche will feast in the middle of the field.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Also in Lamar's interview with Washburn when talking about the WRs he says they're all young but dogs.

Then says immediately Bate, Proche, um Duv, um Jalyon, Vic, pause Tylan.

It's these little things that keep recurring throughout the off season. I really think Bateman and Proche are WR1 and WR2 right now. I know this sounds crazy but I think Lamar really really really likes Jaylon Moore. So where maybe the team thinks he's WR5, I think Lamar thinks he's ahead of at least Tylan and possibly even Duvernay.

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
I feel really confident with proche as my #2 wr going into the year and really like him- but part of me knows we definitely need another. It sucks though cuz I don’t want variable wr to take proches snaps or targets which he obviously would

But scary Imo we can 1 injury away from starting wrs that rival our 2017 matchup against the Vikings