• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The 2022 Offseason Thread

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Hey I hear you, but where is it gonna come from. I'll tell you no chance from the UDFAs. They're all big lumbering guys. Gonna need to make a trade if you don't want the FA vets
Yep. I don't even want Landry any longer.
The worst case, give a proper shot to our 3 guys and see what we really have with them. They can only be better than when we drafted them.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
The 2 picks I’m getting more excited about the more I think about them is ojabo and linderbaum. I’m really excited that we finally have five guys, we have multiple depth players, the OL is just in a much better position than I ever could’ve expected it to be in one offseason, linderbaum is just such a dog, you can’t win every snap in the nfl and I expect linderbaum to be no exception to that, and I do think his size will Show up on occasion, but I think the vast majority of his play is gonna be elite, he’s as talented an OL as you’re ever gonna see as far as skill and athleticism and the smarts to advance the offense down the field, his combo block game is untouchable. And ojabo, wow, we’ve seen for a few years now pass rush taking over Super Bowls, oweh and ojabo feels like a pair of rushers you’ll be hearing super bowl commentators raving about as they take over the big game one day.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
The 2 picks I’m getting more excited about the more I think about them is ojabo and linderbaum. I’m really excited that we finally have five guys, we have multiple depth players, the OL is just in a much better position than I ever could’ve expected it to be in one offseason, linderbaum is just such a dog, you can’t win every snap in the nfl and I expect linderbaum to be no exception to that, and I do think his size will Show up on occasion, but I think the vast majority of his play is gonna be elite, he’s as talented an OL as you’re ever gonna see as far as skill and athleticism and the smarts to advance the offense down the field, his combo block game is untouchable. And ojabo, wow, we’ve seen for a few years now pass rush taking over Super Bowls, oweh and ojabo feels like a pair of rushers you’ll be hearing super bowl commentators raving about as they take over the big game one day.
Rest of the league is trying to pair Qbs with wrs they played with. The Ravens would say fuck that and pair up some old edge rushing teammates. I have dreams of getting back to what we did best and picture one of the most stifling defenses by the end of the year. Expectations are high, but next year is when I think it will really come together on that side.

I just want everyone to make it out of mini camp and TC healthy. If we had to lose Hollywood to basically improve EVERY other weakness, I'll take that trade off. Also, seems like we have another move in mind and would guess it's a play at wr.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Not convinced about cutting James but definitely agree with other 2. Even if we keep James it's 6.5 then. You can work with Marlon and Marcus. I think we can probably add 2 guys maybe 3 that you like.

FA WR is actually a graveyard. Landry is the only good receiver. Odell I think is coming to the end of his career. Fuller could be ok but he's not going to make it the season. I really think you have 2 options.

Take Landry and have a decent but not super downfield passing attack. Or make a trade for someone who has stretch the field abilities

i wonder with the way the draft went (and how we seemingly weren't looking at CB as high as we thought - outside of seemingly having Stingley as the only trade up option) whether we're going to now prioritise an MP extension?

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I wonder if they drafted 2TE'S as a hedge against Boyle's health, to compensate for no WR to replace Hollywood, or they plan on trading Boyle if they can?
nope, they were going to draft Calvin Austin with that pick, but the Steelers took him at 138 and we were picking at 139.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I wonder if they drafted 2TE'S as a hedge against Boyle's health, to compensate for no WR to replace Hollywood, or they plan on trading Boyle if they can?
Neither TE we drafted can even begin to take on boyles role. They’re both thoroughly receivers as it stands right now

Simba

Staff Member
Neither TE we drafted can even begin to take on boyles role. They’re both thoroughly receivers as it stands right now
I think Kolar can develop some blocking ability but I certainly don't want him doing that now. But you could see the flashes in blocking with him at least. You can just forget about Likely playing an inline blocking role.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Last year we traded Shaun Wade to the Patriots for a 2022 7th and a 2023 5th round pick. What happened to this 7th round pick?