• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Movie Thread

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Ranking the X-Men Movies(not standalone spin offs.... Wolverine movies, Deadpool, etc)

1. Days of Future Past
2. First Class(these two are interchangeable, two of the best super hero movies of all time).

Distant rest
3. X2
4. X-Men
5. X-Men Appocalypse
6. X3
7. X-Men Dark Phoenix

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Best Marvel/DC movies of all time

Deadpool is not on this list. Deadpool is not a superhero. Those movies are clearly satire of superhero movies, and they’re brilliants and better than most of the movies on this list.

Since the list is Marvel/DC, no Incredibles.. Otherwise both would be in my top 10.. They’re that good.

1. The Dark Knight: Not a superhero movie. Goes above that. Asks big questions, not a bad performance in this movie, long but doesn’t feel that way. Greatest comic book villain of all tie.
  2. Logan: see above. Not a superhero movie. Western character drama. Got snubbed at the Oscars. Brilliant end to Hugh Jackman and some of the best action. Possibly #1 in terms of that alone.
  3. Avengers: Endgame: The single best moment in superhero movie history is in the movie. But this movie is the epitome of epic. Surprisingly good story. Brilliant conclusion
  4. Avengers 1: Started this whole MCU mess for me, and proved cinematic universes can work. Still a quality story and epic.
  5. Captain America: The Winter Soldier: Best action in the MCU outside of Endgame. Small stakes, but big enough for me to care.
  6. Batman Begins: Best. Superhero. Origin. Ever.
  7. The Dark Knight Rises: Tom Hardy as Bane is the most underrated superhero villain ever. Only behind Ledger’s Joker and Thanos
  8. Iron Man: Other than Kim Kardashian, best comeback story ever. Has aged really well.
  9. X-Men Days of Future Past: Quicksilver scene is top 5 comic book scene of all time. Excellent story. Not boring at all.
  10. X-Men First Class: Second best origin story of all time. Fassbender and James give it their all. Kevin Bacon is a great villain
  11. Guardians of the Galaxy: Funniest superhero movie ever, and underrated action.
  12. Avengers: Infinity War: Overrated movie, but enough fantastic bits for me to put in the top 20. Some truly special moments. Film is carried by Josh Brolin, RDJ, Tom Holland, Benedict Cumberbatch, and Chris Hemsworth. Movie is tonally questionable, but still very entertaining.
  13. Wonder Woman: Third act only thing keeping it out of the top 10, but unlike the other movies on this list it’s one of the few to ask big questons
  14. Batman (1989): Nicholson’s Joker is a top 5 comic book villain of all time. Keaton is the best pure Batman
  15. Avengers: Age of Ultron: Underrated movie. Lots of problems but wildly entertaining.
  16. Thor: Ragnorok: Movie is hilarious. But the growth of Thor drives it more than anything. Too bad they ruined his development later.....
  17. Spider-Man 2: First movie to examine an infalliable super hero. Hasn’t aged that well but easily the best movie in that trilogy.
  18. The Amazing Spider-Man: Yup. As good as Tom Holland has been as spiderman, and he’s way better than Toby, I think they messed up. This is a good movie, but it’s only on here because Garfield would have been a perfect college aged spider-man. Just look at the PS4 game. It’s more like a direct sequel to this duo. Garfield got Peter Parker and Spider-Man better than Holland.
  19. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2: Underrated villain and complex emotions felt. Movie with surprisingly a lot of heart. A lot better on a rewatch
  20. Shazam: Second-best DCEU movie. Lots of heart. Great performances. Unlike that other awful Captain Marvel movie which gets worse the more and more I think about it. Should’ve done better at the box office.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
I'll admit that I hated Cap: First Avenger until Winter Soldier came out. Re-watched and appreciated the movie much more. Was up there with Batman Begins for me. Winter Soldier might be my favorite Marvel movie maybe because of my expectations at the time. Love that film, though.

Agree with you on TASM. Felt it was an underrated movie and Garfield did a pretty damn good job. Like Emma's Gwen.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
Looking forward to all these new Marvel movies.

Black Widow, Eternals, Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings, Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, Thor: Love and Thunder, and Blade.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
Marvel got fucking Mahershala Ali to be Blade!

Stop Marvel, the other studios are already dead!
giphy.gif

redrum52

Hall of Famer
These next few movies look like trash. I don't care enough about Budapest to see a Balck Widow movie and there hasn't been a good Thor movie with natalie Portman in it. I'll see Doctor Strange and Blade.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Most interested in The Eternals and WandaVision. Speaking of Disney movies, it seems that for the new Star Wars movie there will be a debut for the Sith Trooper. How does Sith Trooper look like? Well........

latest

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Hobbs and Shaw was pretty solid. There were a few moments in the movie where I was tearing up from laughing so hard. It's getting absurd, but I'm here for it now.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
Thinking about seeing Once Upon a Time in Hollywood tonight. Anyone see it yet?

It was really good. The only thing I'll say is that it's a lot different than the rest of Tarantino's movies so you may be disappointed if you're expecting it to be a certain way. Regardless, Dicaprio and Pitt are awesome in it (so is the rest of the cast) and the ending is WILD.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
These next few movies look like trash. I don't care enough about Budapest to see a Balck Widow movie and there hasn't been a good Thor movie with natalie Portman in it. I'll see Doctor Strange and Blade.

Why is there going to be a Black Widow movie? Did she not die?

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
It was really good. The only thing I'll say is that it's a lot different than the rest of Tarantino's movies so you may be disappointed if you're expecting it to be a certain way. Regardless, Dicaprio and Pitt are awesome in it (so is the rest of the cast) and the ending is WILD.
Sounds good, I was going to go at 7:15 last night but I saw that this movie was 2:45 long and I was up early and was afraid I would dose off. Friday and Saturday are supposed to be really hot outside so I figured if I save it until then I can get out of the house and still not have to be in the heat.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
Sounds good, I was going to go at 7:15 last night but I saw that this movie was 2:45 long and I was up early and was afraid I would dose off. Friday and Saturday are supposed to be really hot outside so I figured if I save it until then I can get out of the house and still not have to be in the heat.

Good call lol

The movie feels like it goes by pretty quickly though so it's definitely not a long 2:45.