• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Whom Would You Draft @16?

UKRaven

Practice Squad
And Anthony Miller, but DJ Moore first.

100% with you on Miller.

My top 3 WRs are Ridley, Moore and Miller.

I still think Ridley might be gone by 16. I don't consider Moore a reach at 16 despite mocks having him mid to late 20s

We have to get Miller, he is made for the Ravens I swear

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
Derwin James would. But he's just about the only defensive player that i think would make a bigger impact for us than an offensive player might.

If Derwin James drops to 16 somehow then I'd feel like we have to take him. Not only would he make an immediate impact on the defense, but it would help us for the future as well with Weddle getting up there in age.

Tank

Hall of Famer
If Derwin James drops to 16 somehow then I'd feel like we have to take him. Not only would he make an immediate impact on the defense, but it would help us for the future as well with Weddle getting up there in age.
Any other year I would agree, but 99% sure they are fully committed to taking an offensive player with the #1.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
If Derwin James falls...they have to make the exception! Run the pick in
Yeah, I really like James a lot. Feel he could solve our problems for the future with Weddle getting up their in age. However I said the future and this is why I feel they will draft a lineman over James.

Love Derwin James though. Can’t imagine him falling to our pick, but stranger things have happened.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
I worry about hand size with Wynn and at 16 if im picking a LG i want a guarantee he will be Zach Martin type player. As for Price, i wouldnt spend the 16th pick on the 2nd or 3rd best C in this class.

Im not saying id be totally against going interior oline in round 1, id love to as long as we can trade back and do so, otherwise id be disapointed we drafted a guy at 16 who we couldve gotten at 24
I think interior lineman are becoming more important than in years past, just like running backs are becoming less important. I feel so good about Quenton Nelson in this year’s draft I would trade up for him.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Any other year I would agree, but 99% sure they are fully committed to taking an offensive player with the #1.

You cant screw up the 1st rd pick with a reach Tank. If a guy like Vea (inside passrush) or Derwin James ( a much needed centerfielder) are available and you cant trade you gotta go BPA.

Tank

Hall of Famer
You cant screw up the 1st rd pick with a reach Tank. If a guy like Vea (inside passrush) or Derwin James ( a much needed centerfielder) are available and you cant trade you gotta go BPA.

lol.....It ain’t about screwing up, but about filling the biggest needs. Right now I think that’s receiver and O line. Moot point though because neither of the guys you mention will be there at 16.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
James is much more than a centerfield. He is truly a weapon.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
lol.....It ain’t about screwing up, but about filling the biggest needs. Right now I think that’s receiver and O line. Moot point though because neither of the guys you mention will be there at 16.
It's not about needs actually. It's about not blowing picks and early reaches for needs will lead to blown picks

Tank

Hall of Famer
It's not about needs actually. It's about not blowing picks and early reaches for needs will lead to blown picks
well, yeah, of course. Wasn't suggesting a reach. It would seem there will be value choices in areas of need at 16. Much more likely than Vea or James being there in the middle of the round.

Last edited:

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Pick 16 should be either a top tier defender (Vea or James) who should be gone by then, Ridley who should be gone, Moore, or trade down for a lineman.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Pick 16 should be either a top tier defender (Vea or James) who should be gone by then, Ridley who should be gone, Moore, or trade down for a lineman.

Is Moore the 2nd best WR in the draft if ridley’s gone? Are we here in this forum just bias?