• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Whom Would You Draft @16?

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Is Moore the 2nd best WR in the draft if ridley’s gone? Are we here in this forum just bias?
I don't think there's one guy in this draft that can be considered the true second best WR. But Moore is a very complete WR with reliable hands, and exceptional athleticism and a bit of Boldin in his playstyle. He's one of the top, and a good fit for us. For us, he should be the number 2 WR.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I don't think there's one guy in this draft that can be considered the true second best WR. But Moore is a very complete WR with reliable hands, and exceptional athleticism and a bit of Boldin in his playstyle. He's one of the top, and a good fit for us. For us, he should be the number 2 WR.
I think it would be much clearer if he didn't have multiple QBs at Maryland. It's quite possible his numbers could have put him as high, if not a better prospect than Ridley. Hey, we already missed out on one MD prospect in 2015, if we have to pick Moore 5 to 10 spots early in the 1st round, just to make sure we don't miss out, I don't care one bit.

Last edited:

ZonaRaven

Practice Squad
I think it would be much clearer if he didn't have multiple QBs at Maryland. It's quite possible his numbers could have put him as high, if not a better prospect than Ridley. Hey, we already missed out on one MD prospect in 2015, if we have to pick Moore 5 to 10 spots early in the 1st round, just to make sure we don't miss out, I don't care one bit.

This.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
The biggest problem I have with Moore is his comp. I have no idea what his potential is or his floor. His bad qb play really minimizes his targets and type of targets he gets. Against Texas week 1 when Maryland had their starting qb he thrived in the downfeild passing game. Yet for the rest of the season Maryland was forced to manufacture targets for Moore so that boasted his completions last year, which he also shined in with YAC ability (similar to Kirk). He just shows so much potential but theres such a limited amount of film on him running downfeild routes. When in Ridley, you have a boatload of film on his routes. I worry Moore could bust because your not able to really measure his consistency

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Hi folks! Was out for a bit but here's who I would really like to take at 16 and I'm going to hear a lot of moans about it too. But, my pick for #16 is a QB. I would like either Baker Mayfield or Josh Allen or any of the other top 4 QBs that fall to us. We must take a QB in the first round to put pressure on Flacco to perform. We need to know how Flacco will perform when his job is under threat because without it he doesn't get it done. If none of the top 4 QBs are available which is entirely likely, I would like to go O-line, RB or ILB in that order. For the O-line my obvious choice would be Nelson but I know I'm dreaming but outside of his I would go tackle and pick McGlinchy or Conor Williams, Guice at RB or Roquan Smith if available at ILB.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
There's no WR in this class that can use QB play and/or offensive system as an excuse much more than Ridley.
Ridley is a notch above this entire class.

Tank

Hall of Famer
There's no WR in this class that can use QB play and/or offensive system as an excuse much more than Ridley.
Ridley is a notch above this entire class.
Roll tide......lol.

Do you have some sort of personal connection to Alabama? Just curious.

Tank

Hall of Famer
Huh? You ask that everybody else who has him rated top of this class, which is pretty much everybody and their dog?
Oh, maybe I’m mistaken. Seems like during the season you were strongly supporting Alabama, guess it was someone else.

Not suggesting Ridley isn’t the top receiver available, but I don’t see how any one of the top guys could have faced a worse QB situation than DJ Moore given he played with no less than 8 different QBs in two years, one actually being a linebacker.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Oh, maybe I’m mistaken. Seems like during the season you were strongly supporting Alabama, guess it was someone else.

Not suggesting Ridley isn’t the top receiver available, but I don’t see how any one of the top guys could have faced a worse QB situation than DJ Moore given he played with no less than 8 different QBs in two years, one actually being a linebacker.
You were correct

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Huh? You ask that everybody else who has him rated top of this class, which is pretty much everybody and their dog?
Huh? He’s simply asking if you have connections to Alabama considering you’re such a big fan.

I’ve asked you the same thing before...you never answered. I just thought it was funny that you’re a Ravens and Alabama fan.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer

I am Alabama fan but doesn't have to do anything with me rating Ridley at the top of WR class.
He didn't have 8 people throwing to him, just one running back over last two years. And few other running backs taking all the snaps.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Huh? He’s simply asking if you have connections to Alabama considering you’re such a big fan.

I’ve asked you the same thing before...you never answered. I just thought it was funny that you’re a Ravens and Alabama fan.
When the question is preceded with a "Roll Tide... lol" remark, it implies I like Ridley just because he's played for Bama.
I don't have any connections with Ravens/Baltimore either, yet I'm a big fan.

Tank

Hall of Famer
When the question is preceded with a "Roll Tide... lol" remark, it implies I like Ridley just because he's played for Bama.
I don't have any connections with Ravens/Baltimore either, yet I'm a big fan.
Again, nothing to do with Ridley being considered the top “prospect”. And “roll tide” is something all Alabama fans say every day, multiple times a day. lol.

The implication of bias lies with suggesting the QB situation was worse for a receiver at Bama than it was at UMD, a thought I think most other than the most avid Bama fan would disagree with.

I was just wondering if you had a connection to Alabama......just curious and it wasn’t meant to be derogatory in any way.

Last edited:

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Again, nothing to do with Ridley being considered the top “prospect”. And “roll tide” is something all Alabama fans say every day, multiple times a day. lol.

The implication of bias lies with suggesting the QB situation was worse for a receiver at Bama than it was at UMD, a thought I think most other than the most avid Bama fan would disagree with.

I was just wondering if you had a connection to Alabama......just curious and it wasn’t meant to be derogatory in any way.
OK then.
No, no connections to Bama.