• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Whom Would You Draft @16?

UKRaven

Practice Squad
mcglinchey is currently 10th on my board and williams is 17th (pending potential change) - id absolutely adore mcglinchey as the pick at 16 as much as id love a wideout

Would be nice to have the OL bookends for the future firmly in place, especially with next year/ the year after no doubt being a high pick rookie QB. Got to keep them upright

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Trade up and pick a QB or take DJ Moore
I'd hate trading up for QB this year.

It would cost too much for a guy that won't start and we would continue to be QB hostage team. Let it come to us at #16, I don't care whether it's Ridley or QB or best defensive player at that point. Just get THE player.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor

It would cost too much for a guy that won't start and we would continue to be QB hostage team. Let it come to us at #16, I don't care whether it's Ridley or QB or best defensive player at that point. Just get THE player.

Anytime with the 1st rd you gotta go best available. Something tells me McGlinchy and Nelson will both be gone and I'm just not sure if Moore should be 1st rd at least at 16. If Vitya Vea,Josh Jackson or Derwin James is available I think we have to go there. Inside passrush with Vea and more secondary depth with the other 2. We facing a lot of teams with high powered offense next year.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Anytime with the 1st rd you gotta go best available. Something tells me McGlinchy and Nelson will both be gone and I'm just not sure if Moore should be 1st rd at least at 16. If Vitya Vea,Josh Jackson or Derwin James is available I think we have to go there. Inside passrush with Vea and more secondary depth with the other 2. We facing a lot of teams with high powered offense next year.

DJ Moore is now 13th on my board (i was initially sceptical having heard of the production but more film i watch the higher he ends up)

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
DJ Moore is now 13th on my board (i was initially sceptical having heard of the production but more film i watch the higher he ends up)

Md had bad QB play it seems like every year. Probally why Diggs went down to 5th rd. Have to look more at Moore plus a couple guys I work with are big Terps fans so when I get a chance I'll see what they think of him plus look at some film myself. I'm just so skeptical cuz of our wr drafting history and Moore I believe is another slot guy just like the 2 guys we signed. I just want to make sure we go BPA and not reach.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor

Yeah, because we really know how to use those 2nd and 3rd round picks. They’ve really worked out great for us. I understand what you’re saying but this team needs someone to excite people again. We’ve become stale.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Yeah, because we really know how to use those 2nd and 3rd round picks. They’ve really worked out great for us. I understand what you’re saying but this team needs someone to excite people again. We’ve become stale.
We have but I think it's come to the point where one "splash" selection can't make any difference. We're not likely to register as a blip on radar this year (W/L record wise) and there's nobody in the world who'll get people excited.

I'm for blowing it all up after this season and start rebuilding in 2019 with more than likely pretty high pick.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
We have but I think it's come to the point where one "splash" selection can't make any difference. We're not likely to register as a blip on radar this year (W/L record wise) and there's nobody in the world who'll get people excited.

I'm for blowing it all up after this season and start rebuilding in 2019 with more than likely pretty high pick.
Yeah, I guess we’ll have to see but I would be fine trading up to get a guy. I don’t want to trade future picks here, only picks for this draft. Obviously if we can’t work out a trade under those conditions then not much we can do. I agree on that end because I don’t want to hamstring the future for the present, especially when Newsome has a foot out the door. That said, I do like the idea of trading up to get a talent if we can somehow do it.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Yeah, I guess we’ll have to see but I would be fine trading up to get a guy. I don’t want to trade future picks here, only picks for this draft. Obviously if we can’t work out a trade under those conditions then not much we can do. I agree on that end because I don’t want to hamstring the future for the present, especially when Newsome has a foot out the door. That said, I do like the idea of trading up to get a talent if we can somehow do it.
we have limited picks and although I certainly wouldn't mind going up to get our guy, we have too many offensive needs. A couple pass catchers (WR & TE as well as Oline). I'm not so sure I want to trade away a pick. If anything, I'd rather trade down.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Yep, 16 + 3rd round for nice player few spots up is cool but not easy to accomplish.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
we have limited picks and although I certainly wouldn't mind going up to get our guy, we have too many offensive needs. A couple pass catchers (WR & TE as well as Oline). I'm not so sure I want to trade away a pick. If anything, I'd rather trade down.
Look where trading back got us. No, thanks.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Calvin Ridley, DJ Moore, Isiah Wynn

Otherwise actually trade back

Dallas Goedert, Billy Price.

Fix this fucking line or get some receiving options. NO DEFENSE.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Fix this fucking line or get some receiving options. NO DEFENSE.

im actually on board with this - ive always been an advocate for BPA but maybe i should change that to BIPA (where the I stands for impact) - no defender is gonna impact this team in the way an offensive player will - i dont care if the defensive tackle is higher graded than the wr for example... the dt isnt gonna touch the field or if he does he wont add a huge amount of value to the position group whereas the wr is gonna touch the field and have an impact

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
im actually on board with this - ive always been an advocate for BPA but maybe i should change that to BIPA (where the I stands for impact) - no defender is gonna impact this team in the way an offensive player will - i dont care if the defensive tackle is higher graded than the wr for example... the dt isnt gonna touch the field or if he does he wont add a huge amount of value to the position group whereas the wr is gonna touch the field and have an impact
Derwin James would. But he's just about the only defensive player that i think would make a bigger impact for us than an offensive player might.

Inqui

Pro Bowler
What would it cost to move to #2 assuming The Giants were willing?
Look at the daft ammo the Bills have and we'd probably have to beat that. I could see it being one of those deals like for Goff or Wentz where you give up something in the ball park of two firsts, two seconds and a third.

At which point you'd have to be pretty much 100% confident that there are two QBs in the draft this year who would be "the" franchise guy we'll need post-Joe. In principle I'd be in favour of us doing a deal like that (good luck finding an Eagles fan who doesn't like the haul they gave up for Wentz) but it also pays to bear in mind that we'd be throwing said guy into the (dumpster) fire with no discernable ways to put good offensive players around him for at least two offseasons. I'd prefer to make a start on hoarding good young players now so we'd be in a better position to make a deal like that to make a run at someone like Georgia QB Jake Fromm in 2020 or something.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
And Anthony Miller, but DJ Moore first.

ive still got more deep looks at the tape to go but my current wr rankings look like this (everyone on the list below has a round 3 or higher grade):

I've done deep dives on the top 7 so they wont change order but others might come in ahead of them:
  1. Calvin Ridley
  2. DJ Moore
  3. Anthony Miller
  4. Christian Kirk
  5. Equanimeous St Brown
  6. Courtland Sutton
  7. Deon Cain
  8. Dante Pettis
  9. James Washington (*)
  10. Cedrick Wilson
  11. Korey Robertson
  12. DJ Chark
  13. Michael Gallup (*)
So i've got 13 day 2 or better grades on wrs so far
I've put asterisks by the guys who i anticipate will jump up higher in the rankings once i get beyond the first 7 players on the list in tape...