• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Whom Would You Draft @16?

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think Nelson is overrated slightly by these boards (I think he will end up a pro bowler but people here are already punching his HoF ticket), but I think its also crazy to think he will fall past so many teams that badly need OL help.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
He's still a guard. If you're picking an OT and it doesn't work out you can still move him to G.
I get there's an argument because of the rise of interior pass rushers. But it's easier to scheme than on the outside.
I really hope he falls to us. The bucs won't take him after FA. I think he falls to the Packers or Redskins

RayRayRaven

Veteran
I'm goin with same guy as before, same guy now and same guy on draft day.
we have to take sam darnold. the plan baby.......the plan!!!!!

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I don’t think it would be bizarre if Nelson fell to our pick. If you’re picking in the top five you still have the opportunity to scoop a really good interior OL or guard. I don’t know if he’s truly going into the top 10 tbh.
In my book, he's the best player in this draft. That being said, guard isn't as valued a position as many positions. I'd be surprised if he fell to our pick, but it wouldn't shock me. Stranger things have happened.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I think Nelson is overrated slightly by these boards (I think he will end up a pro bowler but people here are already punching his HoF ticket), but I think its also crazy to think he will fall past so many teams that badly need OL help.
I'm on business in Michigan and talking to a Giants fan and Lions fan and both think Nelson is the top player in this draft class. The Giants fan would like to trade back to 5 or 6 and take him.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I'm on business in Michigan and talking to a Giants fan and Lions fan and both think Nelson is the top player in this draft class. The Giants fan would like to trade back to 5 or 6 and take him.

It won’t be 6 with the colts there but it might be 5 - tbf though I recently mocked up a load of trades and had the giants picking Nelson at 12 - I think that’s feasible despite his unreal talent

ZonaRaven

Practice Squad
Now that we got a few new pieces for Flacco I think its time to focus on our oline, its easily our biggest question mark

Bucky Brooks had Orlando Brown going to us at 16...he must not have watched his combine tape. While the combine is not the end all be all, I would imagine he could be had lower than 16.

UKRaven

Practice Squad
Bucky Brooks had Orlando Brown going to us at 16...he must not have watched his combine tape. While the combine is not the end all be all, I would imagine he could be had lower than 16.

His combine definitely pushes him out the 1st round. It just has too! I see him as a 3rd rounder now

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
If we were going to take a Tackle then I would prefer Williams maybe in a trade back. I feel he has good potential and could probably step in at LT, in a pinch, and do okay unlike Brown.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor

Ozzie should be dragged out of the building if he drafts Brown at 16. There's no way any team is going to draft Brown in the first round after his horrific combine. I could see him going late 2nd/early 3rd, but that combine was really bad and raised a lot of red flags.

His combine was horrendous but hes a gamer, he gets the job done and could be a solid RT. With that said his weight will always be an issue and his bench reps show that he doesnt put in work in the weight room.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
His combine was horrendous but hes a gamer, he gets the job done and could be a solid RT. With that said his weight will always be an issue and his bench reps show that he doesnt put in work in the weight room.

He could definitely be a good RT, but I also wouldn't pick him in the first round when there's better options available.

I just think Nelson is something special, and I can't see him sliding past the Bears with his former coach there as well
He very could go there but there’s options if you’re picking early. If I need a QB I would take one, if I need a playmaker I would take Barkley or even Fitzpatrick. But I feel like there’s plenty of good OLs that could slip to the 2nd round. I feel like Decosta made a great point about the draft, there’s a lot of defensive talent that will be taken early and some really good offensive players will slide because of that.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Quenton Nelson is more likely to fall to 16 than James is. Anyone that thinks the best safety in the class is falling to 16 is kidding themselves.