• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Whom Would You Draft @16?

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Id love for raquan to fall but i dnt see that happening unless edmunds goes before him then a few offensive players goes after. I wouldnt be suprised if we took davenport or another edge rusher

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
His combine definitely pushes him out the 1st round. It just has too! I see him as a 3rd rounder now
I doubt he goes lower than the 2nd. He's got amazing length and I wouldn't mind taking him in the 2nd if we drafted a WR in the first.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Id love for raquan to fall but i dnt see that happening unless edmunds goes before him then a few offensive players goes after. I wouldnt be suprised if we took davenport or another edge rusher
Have you watched Brett Kolman's episode on him? He said he could see Roquan fall big time and it was a really nice video.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
Def look at it, very informative with good examples to show his arguments.
Just watched it and the whole time i kept thinking hiw perfect of a fit he would be here. Peanuts cool and all but he has no where near the range Smith has. Hed have plenty of free space to run in our defense, we also struggled to contain runs on our edges at times this year

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Just watched it and the whole time i kept thinking hiw perfect of a fit he would be here. Peanuts cool and all but he has no where near the range Smith has. Hed have plenty of free space to run in our defense, we also struggled to contain runs on our edges at times this year

Thing is with an ILB in the 1st I worry about how much they'll see the field and is it worth it but if they don't sign Mosley to an extension..................

Quenton Nelson is more likely to fall to 16 than James is. Anyone that thinks the best safety in the class is falling to 16 is kidding themselves.

Even with the safety position being devalued? The safety market has died recently, teams want corners and pass rushers

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Thing is with an ILB in the 1st I worry about how much they'll see the field and is it worth it but if they don't sign Mosley to an extension..................
I'm actually torn on Mosley, he's going to get a huge payday, and he has been injured or playing less than 100% nearly every season, I would hate to let him walk but with the money he's going tomake and his mileage, and his limitations, it might be best for us to go avoid that, avoid another Ray Rice or Dennis pitta or ngata situation

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Also my screen is destroyed on my phone so I now use talk to text To post here, that's why I so infrequently post anymore, and a lot of my spelling and grammar might be completely fucked lol

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'm actually torn on Mosley, he's going to get a huge payday, and he has been injured or playing less than 100% nearly every season, I would hate to let him walk but with the money he's going tomake and his mileage, and his limitations, it might be best for us to go avoid that, avoid another Ray Rice or Dennis pitta or ngata situation

I also believe he's a much better fit in a traditional 4-3. He's a sound tackler but lacks in coverage abilities. Really not special at all. I believe they should let him play out his contract instead of just looking for "cap space" by just backloading another contract. We just constantly saddled.

He could add to our comp pool which could be large since we got both Urban and Smoky on 1 yr deals.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'd pay him 8-9M but nothing too crazy. We just got into a B.Williams situation. I liked what Decosta said about the cap situation and being more creative. So Ozzie better let DeCosta make that decision.

I think Mosley is replaceable, hes solid but not a playmaker or good in coverage.

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
I get a sense that Mosley might break down physically and that he may perhaps have one or two premium years to play rather than five or six.

Losing him a year too early might be wise. I've grown frustrated watching us pay spectacular money to players that are flawed and unspectacular.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I dont understand this attitude at all - CJ Mosley is one of the few players at his position on the Ravens who is legitimately one of the top talents in the league... He had a slightly disappointing 2nd half to the year - as did the entire defence - which if anything demonstrates just how important he is to the success of our defence moving forwards - he was victimised in man coverage at times but he has also shown that he can be one of the best zone coverage LBs in the league and he reads the game incredibly well - add to that the fact that the entire linebacker group disappointed last year and I really find it crazy that people have decided to start ragging on Mosley...

there's a reason he constantly gets All-pro votes - there's only 2 linebackers that are consistently voted ahead of him: bobby wagner and luke kuechly...

it would seem crazy that we as a fanbase get pissed when we let some players leave but would somehow be ok letting maybe the most important player on our defence go while he's still a young player...

redrum52

Hall of Famer
I dont understand this attitude at all - CJ Mosley is one of the few players at his position on the Ravens who is legitimately one of the top talents in the league... He had a slightly disappointing 2nd half to the year - as did the entire defence - which if anything demonstrates just how important he is to the success of our defence moving forwards - he was victimised in man coverage at times but he has also shown that he can be one of the best zone coverage LBs in the league and he reads the game incredibly well - add to that the fact that the entire linebacker group disappointed last year and I really find it crazy that people have decided to start ragging on Mosley...

there's a reason he constantly gets All-pro votes - there's only 2 linebackers that are consistently voted ahead of him: bobby wagner and luke kuechly...

it would seem crazy that we as a fanbase get pissed when we let some players leave but would somehow be ok letting maybe the most important player on our defence go while he's still a young player...

If they think Ozzie is letting one of the best players on our roster, who's also a Bama alum go, they are about to be disappointed. I understand what some are saying, though.