• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Whom Would You Draft @16?

flynismo

Practice Squad
I think Ridley is overrated so you're not alone.

I like him a lot, but I wouldn't be heart broken either if he were to be available and we went another direction, assuming that other direction was an offensive player the brass valued higher.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
I like him a lot, but I wouldn't be heart broken either if he were to be available and we went another direction, assuming that other direction was an offensive player the brass valued higher.

Same. The approach needs to be to attack the ofense this off season like they did the defense last year. I know we need a wr, and I think he's solid. I just don't think he will be great. If it's between a really good OL prospect and Ridley I'd rather go OL and wr in the 2nd. Hell, trade for one with the 2nd if we need to. Also, wouldn't be opposed to using the first to trade for one either.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

Same. The approach needs to be to attack the ofense this off season like they did the defense last year. I know we need a wr, and I think he's solid. I just don't think he will be great. If it's between a really good OL prospect and Ridley I'd rather go OL and wr in the 2nd. Hell, trade for one with the 2nd if we need to. Also, wouldn't be opposed to using the first to trade for one either.

I'd love offense and that includes non skill position players, but if a top defensive player is available at 16 I couldn't fault them for going that route. It does suck that we don't have three picks on day two though. That one bit big time.

Taze

Practice Squad
Ridley or trade back. Other than Nelson, a couple RB's and maybe a healthy Connor Williams there's no other offensive players worthy of that pick imo. Combined with the Ravens' desperate need for more picks, there's a great chance we trade back if we can pick up a 2nd/3rd rounder, where WR, TE and RB are stocked. I think Isaiah Wynn could be a good pick at 16, but you can probably get him, or similar level players later in the first. I like the idea of trading back and addressing the interior OL with options like Wynn, Price, Daniels or Hernandez. Early round interior OL probably have the highest success rate of any position and we'd be able to nab a number of playmakers on day 2.

Last edited:

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Ridley or trade back. Other than Nelson, a couple RB's and maybe a healthy Connor Williams there's no other offensive players worthy of that pick imo. Combined with the Ravens' desperate need for more picks, there's a great chance we trade back if we can pick up a 2nd/3rd rounder, where WR, TE and RB are stocked. I think Isaiah Wynn could be a good pick at 16, but you can probably get him, or similar level players later in the first. I like the idea of trading back and addressing the interior OL with options like Wynn, Price, Daniels or Hernandez. Early round interior OL probably have the highest success rate of any position and we'd be able to nab a number of playmakers on day 2.
Connor is far from worth it

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
Connor is far from worth it
Connor as a guard will be a mauler. He could be the 2nd best gaurd in this class (if you put him ahead of Wynn) which is very close for me....but hes a gaurd now through and through after seeing his arm length. Only question is whether hes healthy or not

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Connor as a guard will be a mauler. He could be the 2nd best gaurd in this class (if you put him ahead of Wynn) which is very close for me....but hes a gaurd now through and through after seeing his arm length. Only question is whether hes healthy or not
connor is a 2nd round guard. id take wynn over him without question, id take billy price(healthy) to play C over him, and id also take will hernandez over him.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
connor is a 2nd round guard. id take wynn over him without question, id take billy price(healthy) to play C over him, and id also take will hernandez over him.
True, understandable considering consistency in play and health. In terms of overall talent though he trumps them. But availability and consistency are the biggest traits when it comes to oline. Completely agree on that regard

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I'd try and trade back if Ridley or for some miraculous reason a top 10 player drops. If I can't trade back then I'd draft Wynn and never look back.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
real shame with the Billy Price injury. Hope it's nothing serious. He's going to be a really good center at the next level

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Its just really odd...

I think with him and brown the numbers are so low that they are weird - and they’re so weird that they don’t feel like legitimate numbers which suggests they aren’t because the tape shows them to be the opposite of weak - so either there was something wrong with them physically on the day or they couldn’t be bothered or they were unnerved by the price injury

I think all are potential reasons because 8 is inconceivable as an actual number and tbh despite his long arms 14 seems inconceivable too

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think with him and brown the numbers are so low that they are weird - and they’re so weird that they don’t feel like legitimate numbers which suggests they aren’t because the tape shows them to be the opposite of weak - so either there was something wrong with them physically on the day or they couldn’t be bothered or they were unnerved by the price injury

I think all are potential reasons because 8 is inconceivable as an actual number and tbh despite his long arms 14 seems inconceivable too
Looking at Brown without pads though he does seem to have narrow shoulders. I believe Browns number to be more accurate. Wynns number is just absolutely bizzare

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Looking at Brown without pads though he does seem to have narrow shoulders. I believe Browns number to be more accurate. Wynns number is just absolutely bizzare

I guess I’ve never really been worried about bench press numbers good or bad - they’ve only ever (at most) been the glaze on top of the cherry on top of the icing on top of the cake of an evaluation for me - for the most part I just completely disregard them

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
I guess I’ve never really been worried about bench press numbers good or bad - they’ve only ever (at most) been the glaze on top of the cherry on top of the icing on top of the cake of an evaluation for me - for the most part I just completely disregard them
Its combine week. Were allowed to overreact about everything lol

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Its combine week. Were allowed to overreact about everything lol

The most interesting thing for me is always the coach/gm media interviews and all the insider reports about prospects based off scouts etc.

There is so much more interesting stuff going on than the underwear olympics at the underwear olympics lol

I’m probably not even gonna be able to watch any of the drills on Saturday either