• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2022 Baltimore Orioles

Tank

Hall of Famer
I appreciate a positive viewpoint but I don’t think it could be more clear in his statement that he doesn’t think the team is good enough to seriously compete. If his words weren’t enough, trading away two of your better players speaks volumes.
I can see where you might be able to draw those conclusions but I don’t think team officials, or the team are thinking that way. And as good as Trey and Jorge have been IMO you are over valuing them in how important they were to team.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
A great day for the Orioles as the Rays, Red Sox and as of now Toronto is losing to the Twins. O's now sit 1 game back of the Wild Card. Most fans at a game since September 2017.

Last edited:

Tank

Hall of Famer
Wowzer! Trey's first 3 hits for Houston have been homers! Happy for my man.

Last edited:

Tank

Hall of Famer
Birds getting curb stomped today, guess they were due for one. Hopefully they take the series with the Blue Jays.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Interesting 10 game stretch for the Os which includes 6 Vs the Blue JayS, 3 Vs the Rays, and 1 vs the redsox.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Great start through 4 innings, 5-1 lead over Toronto. This is exactly how we needed to come out playing against Toronto, let's finish it and get a Wild Card spot.

Tank

Hall of Famer
Good to see Ryan break out of his slump. Gonna need all the bats to keep winning against the BJs.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Series W against Toronto! If Mariners lose, Orioles will be tied for the last WC spot. This team is so fun to watch, they can be the team nobody wants to face in the playoffs with momentum on their side.

Tank

Hall of Famer
I think no matter what happens the rest of the season it's been great progress in the right direction.

Tank

Hall of Famer
Sounds like Henderson may be ready to make the move to the bigs, but the way the infield is playing it may be tough to find room for him. Guessing they have a plan to ease him in. If he can continue his progress it will be huge.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Rained out tonight so the final game in the series against Toronto, with Sept 5th now being a Double Header against Toronto as the make up date. On to a randomly placed game against the Red Sox tomorrow for some reason before heading to Tampa for the weekend for a series against the Rays. As for the Wild Card Standings...... according to MLB we are officially the third Wild Card over the Rays due to tiebreaker and the Yankees keep faltering so now they lost the number one seed to the Astros and hey 12 games behind them, WHY NOT?

Toronto 60-50
Seattle 61-52
Orioles 58-52
Tampa Bay 58-52

JO_75

Hall of Famer
O's came to play tonight.... 8-2 lead over the Rays in the bottom of the 7th. The Guardians are destroying Toronto 8-0 right now and Seattle is leading early.

JO_75

Hall of Famer

He will start tonight in Game 2 against the Rays.

Also officially we are the third Wild Card in the AL... we are close to taking over second in the division from Toronto too. If the Yankees keep faltering, maybe we can erase the double digit lead they have on us in the Division?

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
He will start tonight in Game 2 against the Rays.

Also officially we are the third Wild Card in the AL... we are close to taking over second in the division from Toronto too. If the Yankees keep faltering, maybe we can erase the double digit lead they have on us in the Division?
Pretty amazing how bad the Yankees have been since the all star break. Team ERA has nearly doubled. Still not sure anyone catches them without a complete collapse