• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2022 NFL Draft Gameday Thread

What position will the Ravens select with their first pick in the draft?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rossihunter2

Staff Member
DJ's final mock pick for the ravens is...

Jordan Davis

here's the guys who went top 13:
Walker
Hutch
Ekwonu
Sauce
Neal
Cross
Wilson
Williams
London
Thibodeaux
Olave
Stingley
Johnson

just missing out on Thibodeaux, Stingley and JJ would be painful lol...
passing on Kyle Hamilton is understandable

JAAM

Hall of Famer

Jordan Davis

Walker
Hutch
Ekwonu
Sauce
Neal
Cross
Wilson
Williams
London
Thibodeaux
Olave
Stingley
Johnson

I will be so insanely pissed if we pass on Kyle for Davis

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
Tomorrow can't come soon enough, but at the same time I have so much shit I need to finish first. All while dealing with a stupid cough that I've had for a week. Wish I could just sleep until tomorrow.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
I'm 100% convinced that there is gonna be huge value between 33 and 45. I would love to be able to make 3 picks before 45. I really hope we can move back

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I'm 100% convinced that there is gonna be huge value between 33 and 45. I would love to be able to make 3 picks before 45. I really hope we can move back

3 picks before 45 would be wild but cool lol

got 38 guys who id be pumped about at 45 and 51 guys id have no complaints about at 45 (which is indicative of how deep that part of the draft is)

assuming different teams have the board stacked differently (which is inherent within the process), it feels like the 1st drop-off in talent might happen somewhere between our 2 3rd round picks

picking 3 times in the top 60 or 4 times in the top 80 might be reasonable aspirations that could pay dividends

then again, getting the chance to own the 4th round in a deep draft is pretty exciting

UPennChem

Hall of Famer

got 38 guys who id be pumped about at 45 and 51 guys id have no complaints about at 45 (which is indicative of how deep that part of the draft is)

assuming different teams have the board stacked differently (which is inherent within the process), it feels like the 1st drop-off in talent might happen somewhere between our 2 3rd round picks

picking 3 times in the top 60 or 4 times in the top 80 might be reasonable aspirations that could pay dividends

then again, getting the chance to own the 4th round in a deep draft is pretty exciting
I really really want 3 in the top 45. I think it's doable

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer

As much as I love the thought of moving up like 6 spots for a slam dunk blue chip edge or corner if one falls, I also love the idea of adding a 2 and a 3 and 2 4s. Like if we had that offer on the table I might turn down Davis and hamilton

JO_75

Hall of Famer

There's a new report that Pittsburgh will target another position instead of Willis..... I don't buy it lol. If we could trade back with a team who could take Willis and screw Pittsburgh out of their guy I would love for that to happen.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer

Jordan Davis

Walker
Hutch
Ekwonu
Sauce
Neal
Cross
Wilson
Williams
London
Thibodeaux
Olave
Stingley
Johnson

If Thibodeaux and Stingley are not off the board by 10 and 12, we're pulling the trigger

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
i think so - not sure the vikings would trade down with us with stingley still on the board - but the commanders might let us move up for that comp 3rd but they might trade with us if stingley's gone and KT's there...
I aslo think Jeremiah might be wrong on the number of WRs taken early

JO_75

Hall of Famer

Evan Neal
Jameson Williams

I have both of them trading up too, actually Saints for Evan Neal to be exact. I don't think the Eagles need to trade up too high for Williams but I think the Eagles would be the perfect trade partner for Carolina in this scenario. It's crazy but one of Hutchinson or KT falls out of the top 5 maybe the top 10.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
i think so - not sure the vikings would trade down with us with stingley still on the board - but the commanders might let us move up for that comp 3rd but they might trade with us if stingley's gone and KT's there...

imagine DJ's mock playing out.. But instead of Jordan Davis, we selected Penning. Couple days later, we find out we tried to trade up for KT or Stingley, but weren't willing to give up our 3rd rounder (2016 draft all over again).

I like to prepare myself for the worst.. so the pain and despair doesn't hit as hard. :cool: