• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2022 NFL Draft Gameday Thread

What position will the Ravens select with their first pick in the draft?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
I honestly feel like Jordan Davis is gonna be the pick. That's so Raven.
We will soon feel the pain of Stingley and Thib getting drafted in the top 5 lol

rossihunter2

Staff Member

the trade is great
dax hill is great - i do think id probably prefer booth or lloyd there but grades-wise would not complain at all about dax hill at 22 and gaining an extra 2

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer

the trade is great
dax hill is great - i do think id probably prefer booth or lloyd there but grades-wise would not complain at all about dax hill at 22 and gaining an extra 2
Give me karlaftis there

marklar

Pro Bowler
All media mocks say Davis, so that means it will not happen. He would be my favourite, though, so "go media guys!"

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Sometimes it actually does happen though. I know Patrick Queen and Jimmy Smith were both telegraphed for awhile.

CJ Mosley seemed to be coming from a mile away too
lots of connections made with bateman too

but worth noting that all the "noise" about ravens picks has always been about fit and common sense as opposed to sources and rumours
so it feels likely that a lot of this is groupthink noise as opposed to genuine sourced insider feeling about the pick

especially as the only actual draft info we've seen come out pre-draft about the ravens were the Ronnie Stanley medical recheck update and the word a couple of days ago that we were one of the teams (along with Philly) who've at least made some calls to teams above us to gauge interest in a trade

but i do definitely think that there's merit to the jordan davis stuff - but in the way that it just makes sense... if we stick at 14

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
If we pick Davis at 14, I'll be more than happy. There won't be another chance to draft a 4.78 340lbs DT.
Yes the stats aren't there but that's by design - same thing as with Oweh.