• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: @ Jets

Mainejet

Practice Squad
I forgot where I saw it, but there was a stat where Sauce Gardner didn't allow a single catch (or target) AT ALL this preseason. I don't give AF who it was against, that's pretty damn impressive regardless.
I'm not sure he was exactly targeted? I watched all the preseason games and I honestly don't remember one time he was actually targeted. He never gave up a touchdown in 3 years at Cincinnati, but he's never been tested in the pros. I'm CERTAIN that's going to happen very soon - probably the Ravens will test him. He loves to talk trash and he's confident as anyone can possibly be. His body style and quickness is not something you always see. Objectively, I'm still waiting to see how he does when he's facing Miami and Buffalo as they have some of the very best WR's in the league. That's the real test. I don't think he'll ever be Revis, but he reminds me of Cromartie....

Mainejet

Practice Squad
I forgot where I saw it, but there was a stat where Sauce Gardner didn't allow a single catch (or target) AT ALL this preseason. I don't give AF who it was against, that's pretty damn impressive regardless.
The Jets CS has told him they will NOT call him Sauce until he picks off a pass. A funny little game to challenge him....

JAAM

Hall of Famer
I wonder if Sauce will shadow Bateman all game long (maybe for selfish fantasy purposes)

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Rashod Bateman and mark andrews and Lamar Jackson isn’t a fun first test, that dude is nothing to play with though, if there was ever a corner prospect I wouldn’t doubt it’s this guy

just not sure Sauce is gonna matchup against bateman or andrews a ton - based on his preseason he's played almost exclusively as a LCB so i doubt he's going to be travelling to shadow bateman (who played a lot of 2021 at LWR on the opposite side to where sauce has played all preseason)

Mainejet

Practice Squad
Rashod Bateman and mark andrews and Lamar Jackson isn’t a fun first test, that dude is nothing to play with though, if there was ever a corner prospect I wouldn’t doubt it’s this guy
You're making too much out of this. I watched Darrelle Revis throughout his career. Never missed a game he donned a Jets jersey. Revis was a very good prospect his rookie season but not anything like what he became just a season later. It's normal for a young corner to be challenged in the NFL. They always think they're faster than everyone else because that's what it was like for them in college. Then they realize how sudden the speed is in the NFL. Ahmad Gardner is probably going to be a very good corner but does anyone truly believe he'll EVER become Revis? I'll ONLY believe it when I see it....

Mainejet

Practice Squad
just not sure Sauce is gonna matchup against bateman or andrews a ton - based on his preseason he's played almost exclusively as a LCB so i doubt he's going to be travelling to shadow bateman (who played a lot of 2021 at LWR on the opposite side to where sauce has played all preseason)
I don't think the Jets CS will put him up against Andrew's. Too much too soon. Sauce is a rather thin kid. It'll be asking him to cover a f*cking freight train. I think covering Andrew's will be left to Alexander or Whitehead.....

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
You're making too much out of this. I watched Darrelle Revis throughout his career. Never missed a game he donned a Jets jersey. Revis was a very good prospect his rookie season but not anything like what he became just a season later. It's normal for a young corner to be challenged in the NFL. They always think they're faster than everyone else because that's what it was like for them in college. Then they realize how sudden the speed is in the NFL. Ahmad Gardner is probably going to be a very good corner but does anyone truly believe he'll EVER become Revis? I'll ONLY believe it when I see it....
I’m not making much of anything lol just saying Gardner is a really good prospect and he’s got some guys that will challenge him week 1 and vice versa

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
I like Sauce smoked ! And that's exactly what we are going to get .

Mainejet

Practice Squad
I'm very upset... The Jets cut Zonovan Knight? That makes no sense to me. He outplayed Ty Johnson in training camp very clearly. He showed ability on special teams with a few good returns and as a 3rd Running back. Ty Johnson is a stiff that dropped 3 passes in one game last season.....

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I'm very upset... The Jets cut Zonovan Knight? That makes no sense to me. He outplayed Ty Johnson in training camp very clearly. He showed ability on special teams with a few good returns and as a 3rd Running back. Ty Johnson is a stiff that dropped 3 passes in one game last season.....
I liked zonovan knight a lot in the draft