• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2018 Roster

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Everyone knows perriman is due 650k on the 3rd day of TC. So if he’s kept beyond that date, is it pretty much guarantee he makes the 53? I find it hard to believe they’ll cut him after paying him that much.
You do realize that is a drop in the bucket when talking about player contracts, right? That 650K isn't going to effect our cap.

Ben

Practice Squad
Will Lamar allow the team to keep another player for depth if he can fill in for WR or RB?

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Assuming he develops much better then I am expecting. I get the hype, I do, but I had a mid 2nd round grade on him for the fact that I just see him as a huge project.

He is a huge prospect but one with undeniably extreme potential. I believe we timed this perfectly whereas he could sit for a couple of years and learn from James Urban and Roman. Jumping into the end of the 1st was a stroke of genius so we could obtain that 5th yr option.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Assuming he develops much better then I am expecting. I get the hype, I do, but I had a mid 2nd round grade on him for the fact that I just see him as a huge project.

He is a huge prospect but one with undeniably extreme potential. I believe we timed this perfectly whereas he could sit for a couple of years and learn from James Urban and Roman. Jumping into the end of the 1st was a stroke of genius so we could obtain that 5th yr option.

i really dont see him as that much of a project
he's the 2nd most poised of the qb prospects in the pocket
he's the one who ran the most complex offensive system of the top prospects
he's a natural passer
adjusting for drops he was one of the more accurate qbs in college too

he's obviously not a perfect prospect and his footwork needs work at times (and some other things) but he was a top 15 player on my big board for a reason and he was comfortably a top 4 qb to me and tbh i probably had Darnold rated too high for my actual thoughts on him as a qb

i'd have been comfortable with Jackson going to a team that needed a week 1 starter - i think he's more NFL ready than Darnold and Allen for sure but he's also in a situation where he doesnt need to be rushed

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
i really dont see him as that much of a project
he's the 2nd most poised of the qb prospects in the pocket
he's the one who ran the most complex offensive system of the top prospects
he's a natural passer
adjusting for drops he was one of the more accurate qbs in college too

he's obviously not a perfect prospect and his footwork needs work at times (and some other things) but he was a top 15 player on my big board for a reason and he was comfortably a top 4 qb to me and tbh i probably had Darnold rated too high for my actual thoughts on him as a qb

i'd have been comfortable with Jackson going to a team that needed a week 1 starter - i think he's more NFL ready than Darnold and Allen for sure but he's also in a situation where he doesnt need to be rushed

Interesting about the complex system and I'm just gonna take your word on that but what I liked about him was I didn't think he was a run 1st QB and I agree about the poise in the pocket but what got me was his constant keeping his eyes downfield while scrambling before crossing the LOS. Personally I thought he was top 10 and on equal footing with the other QBs.

Reactions: Icy

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Interesting about the complex system and I'm just gonna take your word on that but what I liked about him was I didn't think he was a run 1st QB and I agree about the poise in the pocket but what got me was his constant keeping his eyes downfield while scrambling before crossing the LOS. Personally I thought he was top 10 and on equal footing with the other QBs.

by complex system i just mean that despite him being in shotgun for almost all of his snaps he was in a prostyle offence rather than an offence that used spread concepts

they often have multiple different route depths and combinations that require jackson to read from high to low quickly but also read multiple different simultaneous route depths in other situations - the individual reads arent necessarily going to be crazy (high-low isnt difficult when you can freeze the picture lol) but the processing has to be so fast if you want to take advantage and jackson's post-snap reads are excellent despite the complexity of some of the decisions he has to make

it's why i found all the wonderlic stuff a little moot - you can see his quick processing and football intelligence on tape

but beyond just the complex system, jackson would do complex things like manipulating the safeties in different ways... sometimes he'd look them off, other times he'd basically play chicken with them and force them to make his decision for him, other times he'd utilise his eyes to bring the safety down and throw to the route just behind him

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor

I get the love of the 5th year option but as a talent I had a mid second round grade on him and didnt want Ravens touching him until 3rd because there was some real talent that could have been grabbed (plus talent that could have been grabbed next year) and I like cap space but I also like knowing what you got and I really dont like how boom or bust Jackson is.

There is a real chance that next season the Ravens become what the Texans have been the past couple years, the team that you would pick to win the AFC if they had a good QB.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I get the love of the 5th year option but as a talent I had a mid second round grade on him and didnt want Ravens touching him until 3rd because there was some real talent that could have been grabbed (plus talent that could have been grabbed next year) and I like cap space but I also like knowing what you got and I really dont like how boom or bust Jackson is.

There is a real chance that next season the Ravens become what the Texans have been the past couple years, the team that you would pick to win the AFC if they had a good QB.

the texans do have a qb who lit up the league until he got hurt...

and i would agree with you if i had the same grade on him

but i had him as the 15th overall player in the draft and I think based on the film I've watched since i think he might have ended up even higher on my board

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
the texans do have a qb who lit up the league until he got hurt...

and i would agree with you if i had the same grade on him

but i had him as the 15th overall player in the draft and I think based on the film I've watched since i think he might have ended up even higher on my board

Im more talking about the Texans of 2-3 year prior. I guess last years example would have been the Broncos.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Will elliot even make the roster? He looks very bad to me tbh

We’re so deep in the secondary. Someone with potential is going to get cut. We can’t do the phantom IR on all of them.

CB: jimmy smith, Humphrey, Carr, Canady, Tavon young, averett, jaylen hill

S: weddle, jeffy, Clark, Levine, Elliot, kai nacua

Side note: I think nacua is my dark horse to make the team. Was a ball
Hawk in college and the only safety other than weddle that can probably play the deep.