• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Offensive Line Thread

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Also weird you shared this because I started to put together a video breakdown and bookmarked this as the top play lol

haha - the west virginia tape is really interesting - has some good examples of what he's been great at and some good examples of where he's not so good

a couple of times in that game he would double team in stead of climbing to level 2 and in one case it meant that he ended up not being able to block the blitzing linebacker and it mean a TFL
there were also a couple of times when pulling especially that his pad level was way too high so that he gets out-leveraged when arriving to hit after a pull which is frustrating but is partly to do with his inflexibility
it also has examples of him absolutely taking people out of the play, adjusting to the defence live, being a technician (including in level 2), pulling effectively and being left on an island vs an end

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Breaking down Powers' tape right now.

This gif looks really good don't you think?
giphy.gif
any more slams and that will be a 30 yard penalty

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
haha - the west virginia tape is really interesting - has some good examples of what he's been great at and some good examples of where he's not so good

a couple of times in that game he would double team in stead of climbing to level 2 and in one case it meant that he ended up not being able to block the blitzing linebacker and it mean a TFL
there were also a couple of times when pulling especially that his pad level was way too high so that he gets out-leveraged when arriving to hit after a pull which is frustrating but is partly to do with his inflexibility
it also has examples of him absolutely taking people out of the play, adjusting to the defence live, being a technician (including in level 2), pulling effectively and being left on an island vs an end
Its easy for me to forget that guys can and sometimes do improve in the NFL. He strikes me as a guy that will.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
So we're all in agreement here. Ben Powers has already eclipsed Chuck Norris.
How dare you mention chuck in the same sentence. He's not worthy.

upon meeting Thor, Ben Powers scared him so much that Thor's hammer shifted. Now that Powers has the infinity gauntlet and thor's hammer it's only a matter of time before he takes over the earth. Enjoy your freedom while you can.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
How dare you mention chuck in the same sentence. He's not worthy.

upon meeting Thor, Ben Powers scared him so much that Thor's hammer shifted. Now that Powers has the infinity gauntlet and thor's hammer it's only a matter of time before he takes over the earth. Enjoy your freedom while you can.
and after he takes over the earth, he will take over the greatest Superhero of them all.....Yanda.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
At this point the bitching is useless

Clearly this team is content with the mediocrity here. We choose to address other positions in the higher rounds as opposed to pass rushers and oline help.

At this point I don’t care if “the oline talent coming into the league is minimal”. That’s a shitty argument and bullshit rationalization. Want to know why we can’t win games? We don’t beat teams off of the ball. The pass rush is heavily manufactured and the oline on this team continually starts liabilities that ruin it for everyone else. Now I understand every starter can’t be elite, or even good, but Skura and Hurst shouldn’t even be backups here, let alone current starters. At worst an starting offensive linemen should be average.

Book it. Skura and Hurst start over Bozeman and Powers, the season is lost. Even if we make the postseason, we won’t win. That’s not negativity, it’s reality.

Same for the front seven. We are great at getting talent in the middle rounds but we are in desperate need of a top flight pass rusher. I think Tim Williams can be great but he’s one man, and I think ferguson is more of a role player.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
At this point the bitching is useless

Clearly this team is content with the mediocrity here. We choose to address other positions in the higher rounds as opposed to pass rushers and oline help.

At this point I don’t care if “the oline talent coming into the league is minimal”. That’s a shitty argument and bullshit rationalization. Want to know why we can’t win games? We don’t beat teams off of the ball. The pass rush is heavily manufactured and the oline on this team continually starts liabilities that ruin it for everyone else. Now I understand every starter can’t be elite, or even good, but Skura and Hurst shouldn’t even be backups here, let alone current starters. At worst an starting offensive linemen should be average.

Book it. Skura and Hurst start over Bozeman and Powers, the season is lost. Even if we make the postseason, we won’t win. That’s not negativity, it’s reality.

Same for the front seven. We are great at getting talent in the middle rounds but we are in desperate need of a top flight pass rusher. I think Tim Williams can be great but he’s one man, and I think ferguson is more of a role player.
Tim Williams will be a healthy scratch at least half the season, hurst will get hurt for a few weeks and Bozeman/powers will fill in for him and do better and hurst will return to the starting lineup when healthy.

I just see it coming

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Tim Williams will be a healthy scratch at least half the season, hurst will get hurt for a few weeks and Bozeman/powers will fill in for him and do better and hurst will return to the starting lineup when healthy.

I just see it coming
Timmy will be cut if he doesn't get his shit in order.