• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Offensive Line Thread

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Ricard hasn't shown much on the line in games outside of his position versatility. They should keep Wormley over Richard, but that's my opinion.

Per PFF He's been solid. Not nearly as good as Hill, but solid. Some team would trade a 7th rounder for him probably but it's just not worth it(I mean if Nick Easton can get traded then a lot of people can be traded).

ZDS and Carl Davis likely have their trade values at the highest they've ever been. I'd rather give up Smith between the two as Davis has higher upside and we are unlikely to retain Urban next offseason.

Truth be told I'd sacrifice a Mike Wallace for an

oline man too.

nick easton was a rookie who actualy did well in preseason. Trevin Wade is a journeyman backup and 29 years old.

Last edited by a moderator:

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator
I don't know that we could get much for Wade outside of depth swap, maybe a conditional 7th.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
I don't know that we could get much for Wade outside of depth swap, maybe a conditional 7th.
That's prob the max. I don't want to trade Wade for depth purposes though.

We'd have to put up a decent package for someone. I'd honestly consider Sami's trade earlier for Carpenter. A fourth and/or fifth rounder. Hell, give them Davis and a 5th. They may have a million dline men but they'll do it and take a pick for a rebuild.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
That's prob the max. I don't want to trade Wade for depth purposes though.

We'd have to put up a decent package for someone. I'd honestly consider Sami's trade earlier for Carpenter. A fourth and/or fifth rounder. Hell, give them Davis and a 5th. They may have a million dline men but they'll do it and take a pick for a rebuild.
Oh, I forgot the magic words to set this into stone: HE WENT TO ALABAMA. GO GET HIM OZZIE

flubberdubber

Practice Squad
on the whole Alabama thing, but more seriously speaking, thoughts on picking up Cyrus Kouandijo. He has had some rough moments so I am very iffy but talent wise and scheme fit I see some potential

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
on the whole Alabama thing, but more seriously speaking, thoughts on picking up Cyrus Kouandijo. He has had some rough moments so I am very iffy but talent wise and scheme fit I see some potential
No thanks. He sucks.

Please someone claim him before Ozzie gets another Bama boner and signs him claiming he will fix the issues

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator
I think he's worth consideration. He's actually held up alright in his first two years when on the field, at least compared to the issues seen on his college tape. Injuries have bogged him down, and perhaps he hasn't recovered as quickly from the offseason hip surgery. Not the best sign that he lost out to mega-bust Greg Robinson. But if we're looking to potentially move James Hurst inside, we could use another candidate at the swing tackle spot, and we're not blowing anyone away there at the moment. Couldn't hurt to bring him in and kick the tires.

Sandtown

Pro Bowler
I think he's worth consideration. He's actually held up alright in his first two years when on the field, at least compared to the issues seen on his college tape. Injuries have bogged him down, and perhaps he hasn't recovered as quickly from the offseason hip surgery. Not the best sign that he lost out to mega-bust Greg Robinson. But if we're looking to potentially move James Hurst inside, we could use another candidate at the swing tackle spot, and we're not blowing anyone away there at the moment. Couldn't hurt to bring him in and kick the tires.

From what I been reading it seems like Cyrus Kouandjio wasn't a ideal fit in The Lions blocking scheme like Greg Robinson . I think Kouandjio would be a good addition to The Ravens offensive line as a swing tackle as you said and he would be good fit with what Greg Roman and Marty M likes to do.

flubberdubber

Practice Squad
Cyrus did start getting on the field once Greg Roman came to town in Buffalo so that may be another thing to think about. Given the time till the start of the season his relationship with Roman likely will be an asset if we did sign him. When I think about it more I would like us to sign him, if we have any more injuries we really just need guys who have some real game experience. He has that, not saying he will be great but he could provide a similar plug and play that Vlad Ducasse did last year.

Is there any other OL that anyone is hearing that may be a cut candidate in the coming weeks that has some starting experience? I really thought we may have made a trade by now with one of our many young DL but not sure that will happen at this point.

The Greek

Veteran
i know teams typically will not trade within the division but the browns have put underachieving former 1st rd pick cameron erving on the the trading block and he happens to play center. i wouldnt give more than a 6th rd. pick for him but maybe a change of scenery and better coaching would benefit him and we could put jensen at LG. he is also only 25

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
i know teams typically will not trade within the division but the browns have put underachieving former 1st rd pick cameron erving on the the trading block and he happens to play center. i wouldnt give more than a 6th rd. pick for him but maybe a change of scenery and better coaching would benefit him and we could put jensen at LG. he is also only 25
Nah. I like Jensen at Center at this point. He's had some horrid plays upon further review, but his overall play has been very encouraging. Could be an above average center this year.

Now Erving at LG is something I would like. I don't disagree with the change of scenery benefiting him, but am skeptical. But at LG I think it could work.

Wait for the Browns to release him hopefully.

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator
To be honest, from an assessment standpoint, unless he undergoes dramatic changes, Erving may be as close to outright irredeemable as a lineman can be. To put it bluntly, he has among the worst tape I may have seen from an offensive lineman in the pros. I'm unsure of how much changing teams would benefit him considering that he's played alongside of two above-average guards in Joel Bitonio and John Greco. Despite that, there are plays out there that are comically woeful. He would require a complete reinvention of his technique. It's possible, and I hope he overcomes his issues, but plausibility wise, it's difficult to envision a short turn around.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
To be honest, from an assessment standpoint, unless he undergoes dramatic changes, Erving may be as close to outright irredeemable as a lineman can be. To put it bluntly, he has among the worst tape I may have seen from an offensive lineman in the pros. I'm unsure of how much changing teams would benefit him considering that he's played alongside of two above-average guards in Joel Bitonio and John Greco. Despite that, there are plays out there that are comically woeful. He would require a complete reinvention of his technique. It's possible, and I hope he overcomes his issues, but plausibility wise, it's difficult to envision a short turn around.
I feel the same. Wouldn't' want the Ravens to get anywhere near him. It's somewhat rare for the Browns to completely miss on an o-lineman pick, but this guy is just a bust.

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator
I feel the same. Wouldn't' want the Ravens to get anywhere near him. It's somewhat rare for the Browns to completely miss on an o-lineman pick, but this guy is just a bust.
Exactly, and what you mention is part of the concern. The Browns haven't been great by any means in coaching up their talents, but they've done well in drafting and nurturing their OL players, so it's hard to bank on the circumstances as one of the primary reasons behind his flaws.

Sandtown

Pro Bowler
I think Zach Fulton is a guy The Ravens could trade for from The Chiefs. He was their starting left guard last year if i'm not mistaken and he got beat out for this starting position this year. He's not elite but he's average starting left guard and is only 26 years old. He's pretty versatile as well since he has played at center and at right guard in the past.