• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Offensive Line Thread

Serrell Tuggs

Practice Squad
Does anyone think Carl Davis and Ricard could make better interior offensive linemen? Davis wears down too fast to be anything more than a rotation guy and Ricard has some experience run blocking, the point is that these two are likely cut candidates and outside the roster bubble so they won't be contributing on the dline, but they both have physical traits that Hurst, Skura or Zuttah don't have.

Interesting you picked Carl Davis. He's my favourite of the D line, outside the 3 obvious starters. Who impressed you more in preseason?

flubberdubber

Practice Squad
Go get John Greco and don't think twice about it. We are desperate for OG help and he makes a ton of sense. Is he elite? No. But he's good. Greco-Jensen-Yanda makes for a solid interior line. And Greco is a good run blocker too.

That said, I don't think he will make it past the Bengals. Both are from Ohio and there's nothing a player likes more than going to their rival to stick it to them(see Sitton signing with the Bears).

BUT PLEASE MAKE AN EFFORT. WE NEED THIS.

Was just going to bring up Greco being on the market. Very versatile and solid. Many on Twitter are calling it a big mistake by the Browns, it seems to be exactly what we need. I wont be surprised if he takes a couple days to weigh his options as I expect several teams willing to pay for his services.

Rav'n Maniac

Practice Squad
Greco will probably go where he can get the best length of contract for the money. He is already guaranteed 3+M from the Browns for this season with it being the last year of his contract. He would be a good add for us but I doubt we would offer any more than a 1 year contract at this point. I wish they would though.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I'd rather not rush into this and do our due diligence. That being said, if we did decide to put in a waiver claim, his salary would be 3m and we would have less competition.

Rav'n Maniac

Practice Squad
I'd rather not rush into this and do our due diligence. That being said, if we did decide to put in a waiver claim, his salary would be 3m and we would have less competition.
if I'm not mistaken, I think he came out in 2008 and is a vet free agent which would nix the waiver claim.

Interesting you picked Carl Davis. He's my favourite of the D line, outside the 3 obvious starters. Who impressed you more in preseason?

I actually rate him above Kaufusi and on par with Henry, both Davis and Henry are explosive but Davis wears down quicker. Im still not sold on Urban but hes our third starter. Ricard is someone I hope we keep, he didnt do much in the preseason but hes a powerhouse one on one and explosive. Wormley is boom or bust, I dont think hes going to show much this year. Kaufusi looks slow and out of shape to me.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
Go get John Greco and don't think twice about it. We are desperate for OG help and he makes a ton of sense. Is he elite? No. But he's good. Greco-Jensen-Yanda makes for a solid interior line. And Greco is a good run blocker too.

That said, I don't think he will make it past the Bengals. Both are from Ohio and there's nothing a player likes more than going to their rival to stick it to them(see Sitton signing with the Bears).

BUT PLEASE MAKE AN EFFORT. WE NEED THIS.
Greco would be a solid pick up. Fingers crossed! I was reading comments by Browns fans on his cut and they really like him said he was solid and felt he was their best backup center and many thought his cut could come back to haunt them.

Last edited:

The Greek

Veteran
we want you back osemele. greco would be a solid addition but he may choose to go to cincy if they go after him being he would not be moving to far. hope we at least make an attempt for him but we are lacking depth at the tackle position. need to address the o-line earlier in the draft the next 2 years

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Of all the DL I think Davis and kaufusi are the best trade bait, both were being hyped as potential first rounders a very short time ago, Davis has shown huge upside but inconsistency everytime he sees the field, and kaufusi is only in year 2 and hasn't had a chance to show his stuff yet but his college tape and natural traits are impressive, but neither of them offer something we don't already have

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Please go get Greco Ozzie. I'm begging you. If you don't think we are totally desperate, then you need to get your head out of your ass.

The Raven

Veteran
Of all the DL I think Davis and kaufusi are the best trade bait, both were being hyped as potential first rounders a very short time ago, Davis has shown huge upside but inconsistency everytime he sees the field, and kaufusi is only in year 2 and hasn't had a chance to show his stuff yet but his college tape and natural traits are impressive, but neither of them offer something we don't already have
I'd love to see us trade Carl Davis but what could we really get for him?