• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
As long as he isn't getting into trouble, this isn't a problem. And it sounds like he isn't, unless you consider him wearing the wrong shoes to be getting in trouble.
Plus, if you're at the club in flops, you aren't really partying, you're just stopping in and getting a look at what the star life is like

Bah. TMZ is on their asses wherever they go.
20-something year old kids like rap and night clubs. No fights, no drugs, no too much drinking - where's the story here?
Nothing wrong with him going out, but guys like Jamarcus Russell and Manziel had issues with balancing having fun and working. Just saying if it becomes a habit and you consistently see stories like this of him partying, he’s not putting in the effort to be successful.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
going to the club is as harmless as smoking weed. All nfl players do it just the ones that dont give a fuck
Are the usually the ones that let it interfere with their work

Tank

Hall of Famer
lol...... There’s zero wrong with going to the club, but they were in LA to attend an NFLPA event where they get they were supposed to be learning about the business side of the game, maybe pick up endorsements, get their picture taken for cards, meet contacts, promote themselves. It’s not hard to see the irony in putting yourself in a place with a “celebrity” and ending up on TMZ.

Last edited:

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Nothing wrong with him going out, but guys like Jamarcus Russell and Manziel had issues with balancing having fun and working. Just saying if it becomes a habit and you consistently see stories like this of him partying, he’s not putting in the effort to be successful.
they had issues in college as well.

lamar jackson was renowned by the ncaa for being a hard worker. he may not be the brightest in some aspects of life, but hes a hard worker and his progression each year shows it.

i wouldnt compare this to world class fuckups like those 2

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
lol...... There’s zero wrong with going to the club, but they were in LA to attend an NFLPA event where they get they were supposed to be learning about the business side of the game, maybe pick up endorsements, get their picture taken for cards, meet contacts, promote themselves. It’s not hard to see the irony in putting yourself in a place with a “celebrity” and ending up on TMZ.
you think that event is a 24 hour affair? you dont think they have free time? lets not act like a player from louisville, who was drafted by baltimore, has gotten to see or will have many chances to see something like LA nightlife, lamar is gonna be spending the season in baltimore where its cold and dreary and the city around him is crumbling, might as well soak in some of the life while youre out there.

absolutely zero wrong with it, even considering the event he was there for. if the event lasts 8 hours during the day, are they supposed to spend the rest of their time in LA in a hotel room?

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
you think that event is a 24 hour affair? you dont think they have free time? lets not act like a player from louisville, who was drafted by baltimore, has gotten to see or will have many chances to see something like LA nightlife, lamar is gonna be spending the season in baltimore where its cold and dreary and the city around him is crumbling, might as well soak in some of the life while youre out there.

absolutely zero wrong with it, even considering the event he was there for. if the event lasts 8 hours during the day, are they supposed to spend the rest of their time in LA in a hotel room?
Some people will complain about absolutely anything...knitpicking his game, his wonderlic, one party... it's almost like some fans are trying to find any way for Lamar to crumble so Flacco doesn't leave.

Tank

Hall of Famer

Yes, they should go sit in their hotel room. WTF are you talking about? The guy is flush with cash and can go to LA anytime he wants. Two of forty hung out and made the hit parade on TMZ. Do you think the other 38 sat in their rooms? IDK, maybe those guys were lucky, but it’s more likely they were smart and more discreet. Hell yeah go hang out and party, but be smart about it.

Last edited:

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Oh look a 21 year old is going to have fun in a city with phenomenal night life. Stop the presses immediately. This is totally a hot button issue that needs to be addressed. HE IS MANZIEL 2.0...

Are you fucking kidding me? 21 year old wants to go have fun.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Yes, they should go sit in their hotel room. WTF are you talking about? The guy is flush with cash and can go to LA anytime he wants. Two of forty hung out and made the hit parade on TMZ. Do you think the other 38 sat in their rooms? IDK, maybe those guys were lucky, but it’s more likely they were smart and more discreet.
i guarantee you the other 38 didnt sit in their rooms. fucking guarantee it, with absolute certainty.

betting at least half of them literally went to a nightclub, but just didnt get spotted by the wrong twat with a camera.

and he may be flush with cash, but he has to buy himself a home in the baltimore area now, he is still going through the craziness of being brand new to the NFL, i mean he just wrapped up rookie camp like 2 weeks ago, OTAs are soon, and the NFL offseason is just a long preparation for the upcoming season, these players are constantly at work and rookies especially who went through the shitstorm of combine prep, pro days, media circus, team meetings, the actual draft, getting to your team facilities and doing everything that entails, it is a fucking ringer these kids go through, and in the following months he literally will be mostly working in the weight room and his face buried in the playbook. fuck him for going to an LA nightclub when he just happens to be in LA for something he was scheduled for. having money doesnt mean you have the ability, he can pay for a trip to LA no problem but he wont have the spare time to do some shit like that(not without squeezing it in and making shit hectic and stressful) pretty much until the 2018 season ends, which is when most nfl players go on vacations and shit.

Tank

Hall of Famer
i guarantee you the other 38 didnt sit in their rooms. fucking guarantee it, with absolute certainty.

betting at least half of them literally went to a nightclub, but just didnt get spotted by the wrong twat with a camera.

and he may be flush with cash, but he has to buy himself a home in the baltimore area now, he is still going through the craziness of being brand new to the NFL, i mean he just wrapped up rookie camp like 2 weeks ago, OTAs are soon, and the NFL offseason is just a long preparation for the upcoming season, these players are constantly at work and rookies especially who went through the shitstorm of combine prep, pro days, media circus, team meetings, the actual draft, getting to your team facilities and doing everything that entails, it is a fucking ringer these kids go through, and in the following months he literally will be mostly working in the weight room and his face buried in the playbook. fuck him for going to an LA nightclub when he just happens to be in LA for something he was scheduled for. having money doesnt mean you have the ability, he can pay for a trip to LA no problem but he wont have the spare time to do some shit like that(not without squeezing it in and making shit hectic and stressful) pretty much until the 2018 season ends, which is when most nfl players go on vacations and shit.
Of course most most of them went out and partied, as well they should. But they likely didn’t hang their shit out in the wind like Calvin and Lamar. These guys are in the spotlight, know it and I’m sure the first thing they are told is that they need to be discreet as anything they do will be magnified.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Guess that depends on how he and/or his employer want him to be viewed as an NFL player.
I hope he is the type that stands up for himself instead of being the cam newton type and is forced to apologize about every single thing

Tank

Hall of Famer
This is litearlly making a mountain out of a molehill

On it’s own in a vacuum maybe it is. But think about the shit the Ravens’ brand has been dragged through over the years because of players’ screw ups. If I’m Steve I don’t want my guys getting any off field press like this, not a sniff. Get headlines making plays on Sunday, not playing with Lil’ Uzi in the club.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
On it’s own in a vacuum maybe it is. But think about the shit the Ravens’ brand has been dragged through over the years because of players’ screw ups. If I’m Steve I don’t want my guys getting any off field press like this, not a sniff. Get headlines making plays on Sunday, not playing with Lil’ Uzi in the club.
Because partying in the club with a rapper is the exact same thing as knocking out your spouse. Seriously. Making a mountain out of a molehill..

Guys. I heard that Lamar Jackson..... Was drinking alcohol..... HES TOTALLY AN ALCOHOLIC. BAN HIM FROM THE LEAGUE