• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
First post.

Glad to find some Raven/Lamar loyalists. Listening to the radio and around town people dog him far to often with his limited sample size. Honestly, I truly am concerned with his throwing, but you all seem to have more confidence then most.
Naw.. lamar is trash till proven otherwise

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
How could you call Jackson 'trash' as a Ravens fan?
Easy.. by putting all my fandom to the side and seeing the truth lol.seriously though, as a qb, lamar didnt look as good last year when throwing the ball so till i see some consistency from him..he just isnt a good qb in my eyes. I have faith him to get better but till then there is no way i can lie to myself and say he is a decent qb

BaltRavens

Practice Squad
Easy.. by putting all my fandom to the side and seeing the truth lol.seriously though, as a qb, lamar didnt look as good last year when throwing the ball so till i see some consistency from him..he just isnt a good qb in my eyes. I have faith him to get better but till then there is no way i can lie to myself and say he is a decent qb

You say it here, but would you say it if an announcer randomly held the microphone up to you in the stands during a home game and asked, "What do you think of QB Lamar Jackson?"

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
You say it here, but would you say it if an announcer randomly held the microphone up to you in the stands during a home game and asked, "What do you think of QB Lamar Jackson?"
No but for the first time ever i betted against us vs chargers simply cause of lamar

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
not only what Deebo is saying, but he tends to call all players trash regardless of if they are superstars or not. ie Aaron Rodgers for throwing a bad pass.
Oh yea i def do that lol but in reality arod is the Goat. Lamar ever, has multiple bad games and bad passes

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
It’s true, he called tucker trash when god summoned a gust of wind from New Orleans to make him miss the extra point
That is True. I called him trash for that but its diff for lamar. Lamar is not a good passer based off last season and thats fact. Im actually a fan of lamar but that dont mean i will pretend like his is some good qb

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I agree 100% but as a passer, last year... he was pretty bad as far as accuracy goes
kind of helps when your team catches the ball AND having chemistry with the 1st team will also help with that, besides all the work he has done this offseason.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
kind of helps when your team catches the ball AND having chemistry with the 1st team will also help with that, besides all the work he has done this offseason.
Yea i have faith that we will get better for sure. Its crazy cause he had terrible wrs in college then same once he got in NFL. Chemistry or not he made some terrible throws last season... like a lot of them

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Yea i have faith that we will get better for sure. Its crazy cause he had terrible wrs in college then same once he got in NFL. Chemistry or not he made some terrible throws last season... like a lot of them
yet he still had the 2nd best completion percentage of all the rookie QBs. Pretty normal for rookies...

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
That is True. I called him trash for that but its diff for lamar. Lamar is not a good passer based off last season and thats fact. Im actually a fan of lamar but that dont mean i will pretend like his is some good qb
Not a good passer but I don’t think that necessarily means bad qb, Vick wasn’t a good passer by any means lol but he was winning games with a VERY bad supporting cast.

I maintain fully that Lamar doesn’t need to be anything more than an average at best passer, because all he needs to do is supplement his assets as a runner/scrambler.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Not a good passer but I don’t think that necessarily means bad qb, Vick wasn’t a good passer by any means lol but he was winning games with a VERY bad supporting cast.

I maintain fully that Lamar doesn’t need to be anything more than an average at best passer, because all he needs to do is supplement his assets as a runner/scrambler.
Basically, Lamar just needs to reach the Tannehill levels of passing. That with his designs runs will be plenty.