• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
Yeah it is hard to tell but if it was to Moore he fooled the announcers (Billick’s and Sandusky) because they both commented that they thought the pass was meant for Hurst. I’ll take Lamar at his word on this one but one could easily think the other way. Hurst was definitely more open than Moore.
I love Lamar, but I think he lied his ass off, but hell, I would have lied my ass off too....lol.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
I saw Lamar at camp as well during the joint training with the Jags. I loved what I saw from him. His demeanor, his poise, his camaraderie with his receivers/backs is something to behold for one so young. His throws were crisp and accurate and he was unafraid to target any defensive back. He threaded several passes between defenders and put it where only the receiver could get them. Over all super stoked about Lamar.

Today I was watching the pressers at BR.com and happened to hear Coach Culley. He is highly respected by Harris and the rest of the coaching staff. When asked about why he chose the Ravens - his second reason was Lamar Jackson and how special he thought he was. Folks this man is no idiot nor does he pretend to be 'the expert' like some of us do out there, he is a bonafide, verified expert and coach. If this guy thinks Lamar Jackson is the real deal and was one of the reasons he chose to come to Baltimore, then we all better believe it. Even those Flacco apologists who can't seem to shed hatred for Lamar better wake up and get on board.

Icy

Practice Squad
I saw Lamar at camp as well during the joint training with the Jags. I loved what I saw from him. His demeanor, his poise, his camaraderie with his receivers/backs is something to behold for one so young. His throws were crisp and accurate and he was unafraid to target any defensive back. He threaded several passes between defenders and put it where only the receiver could get them. Over all super stoked about Lamar.

Today I was watching the pressers at BR.com and happened to hear Coach Culley. He is highly respected by Harris and the rest of the coaching staff. When asked about why he chose the Ravens - his second reason was Lamar Jackson and how special he thought he was. Folks this man is no idiot nor does he pretend to be 'the expert' like some of us do out there, he is a bonafide, verified expert and coach. If this guy thinks Lamar Jackson is the real deal and was one of the reasons he chose to come to Baltimore, then we all better believe it. Even those Flacco apologists who can't seem to shed hatred for Lamar better wake up and get on board.

did any of the young players speak ?

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
could you sense a spike of confidence in the young players after their first win ?
Man I feel like an NFL player being interviewed by Peter King via this board! Yes but I wouldn't trust my sense. You should check it out yourself on BR.com

Last edited:

A1A

Veteran
Harbaugh on Scott....
“He’s running good routes, and he’s making plays – catch-and-run plays, go-up-and-get-the-ball plays. The next step that I’ve talked to him about is, ‘Let’s take that offensive play-making to special teams this week, too.’” :rolleyes:

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Harbaugh on Scott....
“He’s running good routes, and he’s making plays – catch-and-run plays, go-up-and-get-the-ball plays. The next step that I’ve talked to him about is, ‘Let’s take that offensive play-making to special teams this week, too.’” :rolleyes:

All I can say is... f***ing harbs. Lol!

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Harbaugh on Scott....

I mean i fully understand what you’re saying but Scott at best will be the 5th or 6th receiver to start the season - that means he’s getting very limited snaps on offence at which point he’s not going to play or be active (if we keep him) if he doesn’t play special teams - what harbs is basically saying there is “give us a reason to activate you onto the game day active roster”

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Harbaugh on Scott....
Really lol? I really think thats harabugh way of getting movtivated. I mean it has worked over the yrs

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
Seeing Hollywood on Saturday practice, man he's tiny. Not alot of muscle either.

I hope he will not be injury prone in the NFL.

A1A

Veteran
His hitbox is also very tiny. Good luck getting a good shot at him when he's 5'9'' and anything even remotely close to his head is off-limits.

All it takes is one good hit and an inaccurate thrown ball. Flacco would have gotten this kid killed for sure.

A1A

Veteran
I seriously dont see the upside drafting him 1st round. I mean I'm pulling for him but if it was my choice the gamble wasnt worth it. Especially coming off that type of injury. Julio seems to be dealing with that crap every year constantly getting it checked out. I sure do hope hes been taking his vitamin D supplements. Hurst was another head scratcher, if the FO was so high on him thinking he was the complete TE then why draft another? Sometimes we fans give those guys alittle bit to much credit. They aren't that smart. It also amazes me how quick everyone forgets how bad the coach is and how many games hes lost for us. But I guess we'll see what happens this year. Lol just watch tho he'll have a few ridiculous pressers and make a bunch of bone head calls and get outcoached in big games. Then everyone will be like oh yea I remember now...That NE game will say it all.

A1A

Veteran
Roman or Wink will be our HC by seasons end if the FO wants to win if they want to save face then they'll wait and we'll be interviewing coaches in 2020. Mark this post.

Seeing Hollywood on Saturday practice, man he's tiny. Not alot of muscle either.

I hope he will not be injury prone in the NFL.

Yeah He could definitely use more time in the weight room. I don’t think they are going to ask him to make allot of plays in the middle of the field, at least for a while. Hes gonna do what he does best. If nothing else he’ll be a great decoy. But sooner or later he’s going to take some shots and we’ll see how he holds up.