• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
I wish you never posted that. Now I have to go and watch the wholemovie again.

That's shouldn't be a problem because it's a great flick!

Ludy51

Hall of Famer
I really love Jackson’s mindset. Here’s a quote from last night about his reaction to the game

Asked if the Ravens sent a message about what the offense could be this season, Jackson – fresh off throwing five touchdown passes – said, “Yeah, I guess.”

“It’s over and done,” Jackson said. “We’ve just got to move on now.”

jboy19

Pro Bowler
I dont care if he had done this against a college team, Lamar was out there putting balls where only receivers could get them, looking off safeties, letting plays develop, throwing dimes outside the numbers, basically doing everything people said he couldn't do.

As much as most of us expected Lamar to improve, I'm not sure anybody expected him to pull off a perfect passer rating in Week 1.

mc_red23

Pro Bowler
I dont care if he had done this against a college team, Lamar was out there putting balls where only receivers could get them, looking off safeties, letting plays develop, throwing dimes outside the numbers, basically doing everything people said he couldn't do.

As much as most of us expected Lamar to improve, I'm not sure anybody expected him to pull off a perfect passer rating in Week 1.

The truly hilarious thing is that last season, including this off-season, people were constantly saying he couldn't pass and he has to stop running so much. In the first game of the season he performed in a way that should have quietened his doubters but unfortunately, they continue to ramble on and the new excuse is "it's only the Dolphins". It doesn't matter who the opponent is if the technical elements of a player's game are in question which just happens to be throwing ability and accuracy in this instance. A QB could have all day to throw but if he truly can't throw then no way do they make some or any of the passes that Lamar made yesterday.

17/20 completions (85%)
325 yards
5 TD's
0 INT's
158.3 passer rating
& only THREE carries.

He did everything that his doubters asked/demanded/expected (whichever way you want to put it). I'm guessing we'll see every QB put up similar stats against them this season then whilst seeing their back up come into the game towards the end? It'll be interesting what excuses people have for those QB's when it doesn't happen.

Apologies for the rant.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
It annoys the hell out of me how much disrespect he has received to this point. I hope every team comes in thinking he can't throw.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
The truly hilarious thing is that last season, including this off-season, people were constantly saying he couldn't pass and he has to stop running so much. In the first game of the season he performed in a way that should have ome or any of the passes that Lamar made yesterday.

He did everything that his doubters asked/demanded/expected (whichever way you want to put it). I'm guessing we'll see every QB put up similar stats against them this season then whilst seeing their back up come into the game towards the end? It'll be interesting what excuses people have for those QB's when it doesn't happen.

Apologies for the rant.

This is unnecessary. I didn't like your rant - it was too mild.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
It annoys the hell out of me how much disrespect he has received to this point. I hope every team comes in thinking he can't throw.

The hate and bashing is what makes us love and root for him more.

It’s a underdog story and we’re in this from the beginning. He’s going to make all the haters belee. And we’ll be there to say “I told you so.”

We wont see cover zero blitzes every week, teams will respect the deep ball now.

Also I wasnt so sure about the Ingram signing at first but it makes more and more sense as time goes on, durable, low mileage, yards after contact, recieving option, pass protection etc. We're gonna be converting downs at a high clip this year

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
We wont see cover zero blitzes every week, teams will respect the deep ball now.

Also I wasnt so sure about the Ingram signing at first but it makes more and more sense as time goes on, durable, low mileage, yards after contact, recieving option, pass protection etc. We're gonna be converting downs at a high clip this year
Respecting the deep ball is exactly what we want. I don’t think we necessarily wanted marquise brown for us to chuck it 50 yards every snap, I think we wanted him so that we could be a complete offense and have the primary threat needed to allow us to do what we wanna do, and that’s run the ball.

We can spread you out with 4 wide and a back(likely with a TE in the slot) and run it down your throat, we can go heavy formation with 2 TEs a FB and 1WR and pass to any level of the field. Making teams respect the deep ball and forcing them to play cover 1-3, taking a guy out of the box, putting more dbs on the field, is ideal, especially when those defensive formations are getting you gashed on the ground consistently, then that same defensive formation has safeties getting itchy and suddenly a traditional play action has a Hollywood wide open splitting the safeties who cheated up, or a Boykin 1v1 down the sideline.

Let them play safeties deep over Hollywood all day, we’re just gonna go and average 5+ YPC and Hollywood is STILL gonna outrun them at times

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

I think I may have been the only one, or atleast a a small minority, on board with this signing when the rumors were floating that we had interest in him. Of course I didn't want a high salary, but we ended up getting him for a bargain.