• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I dont care if he had done this against a college team, Lamar was out there putting balls where only receivers could get them, looking off safeties, letting plays develop, throwing dimes outside the numbers, basically doing everything people said he couldn't do.

As much as most of us expected Lamar to improve, I'm not sure anybody expected him to pull off a perfect passer rating in Week 1.
I don't know how every analyst was saying they figured out Lamar after the Chargers game. I mean seriously, do they actually think the offense we ran last year wasn't going to change, with all the chatter out of Baltimore.

BTW, where's Brett Kohlman now.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Respecting the deep ball is exactly what we want. I don’t think we necessarily wanted marquise brown for us to chuck it 50 yards every snap, I think we wanted him so that we could be a complete offense and have the primary threat needed to allow us to do what we wanna do, and that’s run the ball.

We can spread you out with 4 wide and a back(likely with a TE in the slot) and run it down your throat, we can go heavy formation with 2 TEs a FB and 1WR and pass to any level of the field. Making teams respect the deep ball and forcing them to play cover 1-3, taking a guy out of the box, putting more dbs on the field, is ideal, especially when those defensive formations are getting you gashed on the ground consistently, then that same defensive formation has safeties getting itchy and suddenly a traditional play action has a Hollywood wide open splitting the safeties who cheated up, or a Boykin 1v1 down the sideline.

Let them play safeties deep over Hollywood all day, we’re just gonna go and average 5+ YPC and Hollywood is STILL gonna outrun them at times
And this is without Lamar deciding to take matters in his own hands and bitchslapping these defenses with his own feet.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Lamar was on first things first this morning. He's a class act and never gets tired of answering the same questions over and over again.

Lamar’s facial expression and answer when he thought she said if he feels like a man was priceless. Love this dude

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Eisen has always been a bit of a ravens guy, and even if he wasn’t a ravens guy I’d still respect his analysis, he’s been one of the absolute best in the business his entire career