• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I’m sure it didn’t help him that he had dudes breathing down his neck almost every time lol. We’ll see how things go because we all knew he was still developing. Man it sucks we didn’t involve Brown or Andrews more though

looked to me like andrews ankle injury was keeping him off the field more than you'd like and also stopped him from running some of those deeper routes - we really missed him getting behind the linebackers

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
looked to me like andrews ankle injury was keeping him off the field more than you'd like and also stopped him from running some of those deeper routes - we really missed him getting behind the linebackers
Yeah, I think it was a big part of our problems today. We didn't have him there to threaten the LBs and it caused issues for us.

mc_red23

Pro Bowler
Lamar

Games: 3 - CMP%: 63 - YDS: 863 - TD: 7 - TD%: 7 - INT: 0 - INT%: 0 - SCK: 6 - RATE: 113.9

Baker

Games: 3 - CMP%: 56.9 - YDS 805 - TD: 3 - TD%: 2.8 - INT: 5 - INT%: 4.6 - SCK: 11 - RATE: 70.3

I wonder how long it will be before boy wonder starts getting the same treatment that Lamar has received for the past year if this continues. "he can't throw", "his throwing needs to improve", "his pass completion isn't good enough", "he needs to stay in the pocket/move up in the pocket more" etc.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
Lamar

Games: 3 - CMP%: 63 - YDS: 863 - TD: 7 - TD%: 7 - INT: 0 - INT%: 0 - SCK: 6 - RATE: 113.9

Baker

Games: 3 - CMP%: 56.9 - YDS 805 - TD: 3 - TD%: 2.8 - INT: 5 - INT%: 4.6 - SCK: 11 - RATE: 70.3

I wonder how long it will be before boy wonder starts getting the same treatment that Lamar has received for the past year if this continues. "he can't throw", "his throwing needs to improve", "his pass completion isn't good enough", "he needs to stay in the pocket/move up in the pocket more" etc.

This is not a great week to bring that up considering Lamar looked bad this week. I agree that Baker is overhyped (largely by himself), but having watched both games this week, both looked equally bad.

mc_red23

Pro Bowler
This is not a great week to bring that up considering Lamar looked bad this week. I agree that Baker is overhyped (largely by himself), but having watched both games this week, both looked equally bad.

What week it is should be irrelevant. After watching the Browns vs Rams game I'm merely pointing out the ridiculous attitude that some outside people have had towards both players. If those figures were switched the media would be jumping on Lamar as they have done for a year. That's all.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
What week it is should be irrelevant. After watching the Browns vs Rams game I'm merely pointing out the ridiculous attitude that some outside people have had towards both players. If those figures were switched the media would be jumping on Lamar as they have done for a year. That's all.

Lamar will probably get a pass from the media for the Chiefs game which is fair because of how well he looked the past 2 weeks. Similarly, Baker is getting a pass for his slow start because he showed great things last year.

Once you put together some great tape, you can get a pass for being bad for a little while (see also Dak Prescot for 1.5 seasons), but Lamar didn't have that yet so it was fair to question him.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
We all knew it would come back down. We were just hoping THIS wasn't the week. Get the win at home and we're fine while the headlines shift to how the Browns are really collapsing now. If we don't win the next 3 we aren't who I thought we were.

Tank

Hall of Famer
There are worse things than a tight loss on the road to KC. A learning experience for Lamar. He'll be better next time.
I look for a big game from LJ home against the Browns. He'll have to improve throwing on the run, I'm afraid the O line isn't going to get better any time soon.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
I look for a big game from LJ home against the Browns. He'll have to improve throwing on the run, I'm afraid the O line isn't going to get better any time soon.

Agree. The slate of divisional games, each team has pretty stout front sevens. One of the positives is he hasn't turned the ball over. If he can at least do that, should be fine this next stretch.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Give credit where credit is due. The Chiefs defensive line did a good job putting pressure on Lamar.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Take this into account, Lamar has yet to play even a full year.