• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

Lamar Passing Charts Week 3
pass-chart_JAC323395_2019-reg-3_1569184878718.jpeg

In a game where we weren't looking as sharp as the previous weeks passing wise, this chart is really encouraging. I saw a few comments around that we were looking at 2018 level regression from Lamar. This chart says otherwise. Tons of shots deep and completions to the left side of the field. Not so much of a focus on short/intermediate middle and right. To me, the data suggests more of a tough day/mechanical breakdowns than outright regression. We know that is something that Lamar has improved upon and continues to work on regularly. I'm betting that nobody is more disappointed in the passing offense yesterday than he is right now, and that he's going to work extra hard in the upcoming weeks to clean anything up.

It wasn't a good day for the passing offense, and Lamar caught a lot of lucky breaks where things could have turned out a lot worse. But we're still looking at someone who is comfortable taking shots down field and throwing to all parts of the field. Bad days are going to happen, so lets see how he rebounds. I'm betting on quite well.

I
If he just hits on 2 of those deep shots to Hollywood, he’s well over 300 yards and probably another 14 points on the board.

Speaking of fantasy, I'm facing Lamar and Hollywood this week. I've got Ingram and Andrews so I hope they all go off and I neutralize my opponent and we crush the freaking Browns!

Speaking of fantasy, I'm facing Lamar and Hollywood this week. I've got Ingram and Andrews so I hope they all go off and I neutralize my opponent and we crush the freaking Browns!
I think it will be a Mark Ingram game. Browns have struggled stopping the run all season, especially if Greedy and Denzel play.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think it will be a Mark Ingram game. Browns have struggled stopping the run all season, especially if Greedy and Denzel play.

Someone needs to tap John on the shoulder and remind him we have Gus back there.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Someone needs to tap John on the shoulder and remind him we have Gus back there.
Ingram does everything Gus does but far better. And Ingram can help the passing game. If Ingram is doing well then you don't pull the hot hand.

Tank

Hall of Famer
Yeah I'm not so sure about Ingram being that much better than Gus. The little bit we've seen of Gus I think he's been pretty dynamic and also think he looks much quicker and faster. Betting we'll see much more of him as the season progresses.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Rotoworld had this other way around couple days ago, Ward possible, Greedy likely out
pretty sure I read it just the other way around on Rotoworld as well

This was from 9/22 showing that they were optimistic about Greedy Williams (last week) but Ward was out.

DENZEL WARDDB, CLEVELAND BROWNS

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Browns CB Denzel Ward (hamstring) is not expected to play Sunday night against the Rams.
Meanwhile the team is "optimistic" second-round rookie Greedy Williams (hamstring) will suit up. Even so, the Browns are still projected to be without SS Morgan Burnett (quad, questionable), FS Damarious Randall (concussion, out), OLB Christian Kirksey (chest, out) and Ward. Jared Goff is a QB2 with QB1 upside (despite his woeful road splits) given Cleveland's abundance of injuries on the defensive side of the ball Sunday night.

Last edited:

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

• DENZEL WARDDB, CLEVELAND BROWNS

Browns CBs Denzel Ward (hamstring) and Greedy Williams (hamstring) didn't practice again Thursday.
    Both Ward and Williams are trending towards missing Sunday's matchup against the Ravens. The absence of the Browns' speedy outside CBs is great news for Hollywood Brown, who caught just 2-of-9 targets for 49 scoreless yards in Week 3, but he did get behind various Chiefs CBs on numerous occasions and racked up an asinine 217 air yards.

RELATED: SOURCE: Scott Petrak on Twitter.
    Sep 26, 2019, 12:04 PM ET

allblackraven

Hall of Famer

• DENZEL WARDDB, CLEVELAND BROWNS

Browns CBs Denzel Ward (hamstring) and Greedy Williams (hamstring) didn't practice again Thursday.
    Both Ward and Williams are trending towards missing Sunday's matchup against the Ravens. The absence of the Browns' speedy outside CBs is great news for Hollywood Brown, who caught just 2-of-9 targets for 49 scoreless yards in Week 3, but he did get behind various Chiefs CBs on numerous occasions and racked up an asinine 217 air yards.

RELATED:SOURCE: Scott Petrak on Twitter.
    Sep 26, 2019, 12:04 PM ET
That's new. as a matter of fact you posted Ward being day-to-day:

https://purpleflock.com/threads/1100/page-4#post-187048

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
That's new. as a matter of fact you posted Ward being day-to-day:

https://purpleflock.com/threads/1100/page-4#post-187048

• Browns CB Denzel Ward (hamstring) missed practice Wednesday.
    As did Greedy Williams (hamstring). Without both available in Week 3, the Browns leaned on backup CBs Terrance Mitchell and T.J. Carrie. It's obviously less than ideal if the team has to depend on both again versus the Ravens' explosive downfield attack. Odds are Williams returns after being listed as a game-time call last week.

SOURCE: Nate Ulrich on Twitter
    Sep 25, 2019, 3:36 PM ET

It says Ward in the heading, but actually says Williiams is day to day

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think both miss the game but Browns are banged up, missing a few guy even on offense at WR in Higgins due to injury & Calloway due to suspension. They may also miss their RT from what I saw. I hope we pound the snot out of them and make them feel the loss in a MIA Dolphins type of way. They're one big, lopsided loss a la MIA Dolphins away from meltdown IMO. If we could do that to them, I think it would break that team the rest of the way.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I think both miss the game but Browns are banged up, missing a few guy even on offense at WR in Higgins due to injury & Calloway due to suspension. They may also miss their RT from what I saw. I hope we pound the snot out of them and make them feel the loss in a MIA Dolphins type of way. They're one big, lopsided loss a la MIA Dolphins away from meltdown IMO. If we could do that to them, I think it would break that team the rest of the way.
I couldn't agree more. Back when I was a skins fan, believe it was in 2007, the Giants came to town. They were 0-2 ond if the Skins would have won that game there was talk of Coughlin being fired and the team in total shambles. Unfortunately the skins couldn't get in with 1st down inside the 5 yard line and the game ended, this spring boarding the Giants to a Super Bowl season.

That will not happen this week vs. the Browns.

Yeah I'm not so sure about Ingram being that much better than Gus. The little bit we've seen of Gus I think he's been pretty dynamic and also think he looks much quicker and faster. Betting we'll see much more of him as the season progresses.

Gus is a good power rusher but we needed a receiving option at HB to help Lamar, Gus also wore down last season so we had to bring someone in.

Tank

Hall of Famer
Gus is a good power rusher but we needed a receiving option at HB to help Lamar, Gus also wore down last season so we had to bring someone in.
Yes, and a mix of both will help both. Still think Gus may be the better player at this point.

I'll take another big game from Ingram ... after all, despite Lamar's progress from last year as a passer, the run game is our bread and butter.

Absolutely my thoughts. That is why this game is so pivotal. We pound them and they will be on the brink of imploding. If they win, they are on top of the division and will feel they are right on track.

We MUST win this game.