• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Ingram does everything Gus does but far better. And Ingram can help the passing game. If Ingram is doing well then you don't pull the hot hand.

I hear you, but Gus averaged 7 yards a carry. That's not including the big run that was negated by the way.

I am saying give Gus some more carries. Ingram is still the guy

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think both miss the game but Browns are banged up, missing a few guy even on offense at WR in Higgins due to injury & Calloway due to suspension. They may also miss their RT from what I saw. I hope we pound the snot out of them and make them feel the loss in a MIA Dolphins type of way. They're one big, lopsided loss a la MIA Dolphins away from meltdown IMO. If we could do that to them, I think it would break that team the rest of the way.
Hey man from your mind to the football God's ears. Let it happen.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Yeah I'm not so sure about Ingram being that much better than Gus. The little bit we've seen of Gus I think he's been pretty dynamic and also think he looks much quicker and faster. Betting we'll see much more of him as the season progresses.

Couldn't agree more

Yes, and a mix of both will help both. Still think Gus may be the better player at this point.

I dont see how, hes probably faster but Ingram does everything else better, he also benefits Lamar as a receiving option and top level pass blocker.

Tank

Hall of Famer
I dont see how, hes probably faster but Ingram does everything else better, he also benefits Lamar as a receiving option and top level pass blocker.
Hard to tell at this point because there's such a small sample of the 2019 Gus Bus, but it's just a feeling from watching him that he is set to take an all around giant leap in his game.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Hard to tell at this point because there's such a small sample of the 2019 Gus Bus, but it's just a feeling from watching him that he is set to take an all around giant leap in his game.

to me he looks like he could play that bernard pierce roll where he's awesome as that 2nd back to spell ingram and punish defenders with a fresh gus bus

doesnt need to split the carries with ingram but does probably need more than the 12 touches (10 carries, 2 receptions) he got in the last 2 games

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Gus has looked REALLY good and I’m campaigning him for more carries, and more rushes in general for the team. And I was never exactly partial to Gus bus, I was pretty low on him, but he’s just looked like a damn freight train to tacklers, just like last year, but he also seems to have gained an extra gear, he looks slimmed down and muscled up at the same time, and he just looks quicker and faster.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
to me he looks like he could play that bernard pierce roll where he's awesome as that 2nd back to spell ingram and punish defenders with a fresh gus bus

doesnt need to split the carries with ingram but does probably need more than the 12 touches (10 carries, 2 receptions) he got in the last 2 games
I'd love to see Justice Hill getting more involved to get Lamar a 2nd or checkdown option.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor

Yeah, Ingram has been playing so well that I don't think there needs to be an even split, but Gus definitely deserves more chances than he's gotten. I imagine as the season goes on and we start running the ball more then we'll see Gus start to get a lot of looks.

Tank

Hall of Famer
Gus has looked REALLY good and I’m campaigning him for more carries, and more rushes in general for the team. And I was never exactly partial to Gus bus, I was pretty low on him, but he’s just looked like a damn freight train to tacklers, just like last year, but he also seems to have gained an extra gear, he looks slimmed down and muscled up at the same time, and he just looks quicker and faster.
He's definitely improved physically over last year. I think with more touches it will become apparent that his skills have improved as well.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
He's definitely improved physically over last year. I think with more touches it will become apparent that his skills have improved as well.
I think it's already obvious that he is better than he was last year, even with the limited touches.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Even when arguing for my side, I’ll stay consistent.

Who gives a shid what Bucky brooks says about anything. He is quite literally the most uninformed and lazy analyst out there
Bucky Brooks is the classic ass wipe that basically is a windsock! He just tends to go with the direction the wind is going at the time. He acts thoughtful and intelligent of which he is neither.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Considering how wacky our game plans have been the last 2 games, Lamar has 10 Tds for the year which ties him with Mahomes. 2 ints. And 1 rushing TD.

He has played a grand total of 11 games including the playoffs so far lol

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Considering how wacky our game plans have been the last 2 games, Lamar has 10 Tds for the year which ties him with Mahomes. 2 ints. And 1 rushing TD.

He has played a grand total of 11 games including the playoffs so far lol

lamar is literally the only reason our offence works at the moment, despite losing 2 in a row our offence is still pretty nice - if we had got out of our own way today, we might have been able to overcome this useless defence