• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

Lets not overhype this guy too much right now. Yes he is improving, has plenty of time to improve. But right now I am scared to play the Seahawks, Pats and Rams later this year. Mostly because of our leaky defense but also becsuse I fear Lamar will play as he did today as well as repeat history from last year.

Especially his misleading stats you mention in a positive light. 10 TDs 2ints on the year looks great.

5 were against Miami a team that probably would surrender 5tds to a college team.

In the 2 losses since then, subtracting meaningless garbage time stats Lamar has 2 passing TDs and 2ints including zero against KC other than a meaningless rushing score with the game out of reach. He has had more missed TD opportunities/missed throws than made TDs. But garbage time plays like the Willie Snead 50 yard play earlier today keep Lamar out of those hot seat type stats.

It makes you happy to see Lamar improving as a passer and throw 5TDs and long bombs to wide open receivers, but the dude is still clearly a big-time work in progress.
In a game like CLE I literally don’t care one bit about trying to analyze Lamars performance based on stats.

Offense is about getting into a rhythm and that was flat out impossible when the Browns keep our defense on the field for most of the first half (before they decided it might be fun to start having 2 minute TD drives instead of 9 minute ones) and our receivers drop passes or lose where they are on the sidelines.

We had a moment where they got a bit of rhythm. We put up a TD drive then we’re on a the way to another when a fumble killed it.

Yes much of it was via the run game ... but for some reason it seems your stat analysis is only interested in passing yards. Not only the yards Lamar got himself but the threat of his game enhances our RBs performance immensely.

IMO here is all you need to know about Lamar based on his performance on Sunday. He’s good enough to give us a chance of winning if the D gives us something better than a horrific performance. He’s not good enough to pull the team up when his D lays an egg of biblical proportions.

For a guy who we all agree is a work in progress that ain’t too bad.

Last edited:

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Passing Chart Week Four

pass-chart_JAC323395_2019-reg-4_1569790531901.jpeg

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
Passing Chart Week Four

pass-chart_JAC323395_2019-reg-4_1569790531901.jpeg
Gotta push the ball down the field more in a run first offense.

Idk why the last 2 games we got away from play action and staying determined to running the ball. We've been able to run the ball vs everyone we've played so far

And Bozeman looked good last week tbh

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Gotta push the ball down the field more in a run first offense.

Idk why the last 2 games we got away from play action and staying determined to running the ball. We've been able to run the ball vs everyone we've played so far

And Bozeman looked good last week tbh
agree and they were playing 15 yards off Hollywood and daring us. We will start beating this as well and correct. We need more PA

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
agree and they were playing 15 yards off Hollywood and daring us. We will start beating this as well and correct. We need more PA
That's another thing. There's a lot of new faces on this team on both sides of the ball. We had a huge turnover in personnel and none of us should be surprised that it's taking them time to mesh.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
That's another thing. There's a lot of new faces on this team on both sides of the ball. We had a huge turnover in personnel and none of us should be surprised that it's taking them time to mesh.
without question, none of us should be surprised.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
without question, none of us should be surprised.
Looking at our schedule I still thknk there's a very realistic shot we go 10-6 or better. I actually think 9-7 is the worst well go but I'm sure well beat the browns a second time.

Seahawks, Patriots, Texans, Rams, and 49ers are up in the air. But with the way the 49ers have been turning the ball over I think we win that game.

If we win 2 of those games. We make the playoffs and most likely win the division

I keep thinking about it, I can’t see any chance that we surround Lamar with a Super Bowl contending team while he is on his rookie contract. We just have too many holes.