• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Gotta push the ball down the field more in a run first offense.

Idk why the last 2 games we got away from play action and staying determined to running the ball. We've been able to run the ball vs everyone we've played so far

And Bozeman looked good last week tbh

the problem is we called some play-action shots and lamar was instantly running away from quick pressure inside - had no time or space to step into and make those deep throws - but you're right we've not made a team pay in the passing game the last couple of weeks probably partly because defences have adjusted and are daring us to beat them incrementally with the running game and short passing and taking away those big downfield shots - lamar likes to read high-low and i think defences know that taking away that deep stuff kind of frustrates him

but against the chiefs he missed a few throws despite us calling shots

despite the stat-line and miserable performance by the whole team i think the browns was not actually lamar's worst game - he was worse in the chiefs (which is a pretty decent bad level tbh)

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
the problem is we called some play-action shots and lamar was instantly running away from quick pressure inside - had no time or space to step into and make those deep throws - but you're right we've not made a team pay in the passing game the last couple of weeks probably partly because defences have adjusted and are daring us to beat them incrementally with the running game and short passing and taking away those big downfield shots - lamar likes to read high-low and i think defences know that taking away that deep stuff kind of frustrates him

despite the stat-line and miserable performance by the whole team i think the browns was not actually lamar's worst game - he was worse in the chiefs (which is a pretty decent bad level tbh)

What is weird is all that space they give Hollywood. We arent they running short routes for him and giving him a chance to create? Where are the quick slants over the middle? It appears that teams are giving us that and we arent taking it

rossihunter2

Staff Member
What is weird is all that space they give Hollywood. We arent they running short routes for him and giving him a chance to create? Where are the quick slants over the middle? It appears that teams are giving us that and we arent taking it

if he ran an out on almost every snap he'd get 5-6 yards every time before the catch because of how much cushion defenders reflexively give him

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
if he ran an out on almost every snap he'd get 5-6 yards every time before the catch because of how much cushion defenders reflexively give him
agree and then they would have to get more aggressive and that's when we could beat them over the top and in time that is what will happen

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer

Yeah I thought KC was pretty clearly his worst game. I was regularly frustrated with him in that one, but vs the browns I felt like I was watching him keep a struggling team afloat

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Im so confused

Attachments

• 8B79ECE0-1348-43DA-88C6-2D0B0D4AFE93.jpeg
    8B79ECE0-1348-43DA-88C6-2D0B0D4AFE93.jpeg
    214 KB · Views: 213

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Yeah that’s nonsense, but just goes to show how filthy Lamar is as a runner
how love it when he is running to the sideline and the opposing team thinks they have him and he just stops on a dime as they break their ankles. It's so fun to watch.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
how love it when he is running to the sideline and the opposing team thinks they have him and he just stops on a dime as they break their ankles. It's so fun to watch.
He’s done it a ridiculous number of times this year, almost seems like a signature move

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Through the first 5 games of 2019:

Lamar Jackson: 1,271 passing yards, 11 TDs, 5 INTs, 99.1 QB rating, 65.4 comp. %, 308 rush yards

Baker Mayfield: 1,247 pass yards, 4 TDs, 8 INTs, 68.5 QB rating, 55.9 comp. %, 0 rush yards

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Through the first 5 games of 2019:

Lamar Jackson: 1,271 passing yards, 11 TDs, 5 INTs, 99.1 QB rating, 65.4 comp. %, 308 rush yards

Baker Mayfield: 1,247 pass yards, 4 TDs, 8 INTs, 68.5 QB rating, 55.9 comp. %, 0 rush yards
Awesome stats, but he still needs to improve on a lot, and this is coming from a Lamar fan-boy. I’m confident he’ll figure it out. He’s probably the hardest working Raven in that building and he’s hungry for success