• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

JAAM

Hall of Famer

redrum52

Hall of Famer
I'll be the first to admit... I DIDN'T SEE THIS HAPPENING. Congrats team. You all are stepping your game up. Not that I didn't think we could win, just pessimistic and DAMN does this feel good.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
upload_2019-11-4_19-9-32.png

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Dude is probably in shambles right now with Flacco on IR and Lamar stacking dubs

I'll try and take a higher road, not necessarily the highest and just say I'm happy to see the progress from Lamar. Knew he'd be better but he looks significantly different this year. The snark comments aimed at him never made sense to me if you understood what we were getting when we drafted him and I'm just happy for his and the team's success.

That said I'm interested to see what his take is now cause he seemed awful irritable last time.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I'll try and take a higher road, not necessarily the highest and just say I'm happy to see the progress from Lamar. Knew he'd be better but he looks significantly different this year. The snark comments aimed at him never made sense to me if you understood what we were getting when we drafted him and I'm just happy for his and the team's success.

That said I'm interested to see what his take is now cause he seemed awful irritable last time.
I believe the people that watched his tape, not his highlights, but his actual tape or saw his games knew he could play the game at a very high level. He had some fixable mechanics that needed to be worked out and of course he still is improving. The best part is he is someone who wants to put in the work to be the best in the game today. Truly an exciting time to be a Ravens fan. It's also really nice to have someone on offense getting national exposure.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
I watched Lamar's highlight in the New England game i think posted by ESPN(could be wrong) and
he is absolutely the first elite QB we have ever had.

Maybe they like being coordinators? Maybe...
And in Roman's case, maybe he always wants to be wed to Lamar. I always hope that if we have a good coordinator that would be their dream job ... but I can't think of the last time a coordinator who has never been an HC turned the job down.

I don't understand it ... In my line of work, some people are meant to be technical and other turn to being managers. Many (such as myself) deem they don't want to go up the ladder in management and want to remain in positions of technical leadership.

I suppose the difference is some (very few) HCs can remain deep in the Xs and Os but still do the overall management. That's really hard to do and few do it successfully.

My guess is - if we stay on our current path - offers will come (in Roman's case, likely from a team that would plan to draft someone similar in skill set to Lamar) and we'll be on another search for a coordinator (or two).