• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
And in Roman's case, maybe he always wants to be wed to Lamar. I always hope that if we have a good coordinator that would be their dream job ... but I can't think of the last time a coordinator who has never been an HC turned the job down.

I don't understand it ... In my line of work, some people are meant to be technical and other turn to being managers. Many (such as myself) deem they don't want to go up the ladder in management and want to remain in positions of technical leadership.

I suppose the difference is some (very few) HCs can remain deep in the Xs and Os but still do the overall management. That's really hard to do and few do it successfully.

My guess is - if we stay on our current path - offers will come (in Roman's case, likely from a team that would plan to draft someone similar in skill set to Lamar) and we'll be on another search for a coordinator (or two).
I hope not !! Pay Roman extra and keep him here. Do what it takes. Lamar with the same OC for years would be unstoppable. At least wait
till we win a Super Bowl with Lamar !!!

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
And in Roman's case, maybe he always wants to be wed to Lamar. I always hope that if we have a good coordinator that would be their dream job ... but I can't think of the last time a coordinator who has never been an HC turned the job down.

I don't understand it ... In my line of work, some people are meant to be technical and other turn to being managers. Many (such as myself) deem they don't want to go up the ladder in management and want to remain in positions of technical leadership.

I suppose the difference is some (very few) HCs can remain deep in the Xs and Os but still do the overall management. That's really hard to do and few do it successfully.

My guess is - if we stay on our current path - offers will come (in Roman's case, likely from a team that would plan to draft someone similar in skill set to Lamar) and we'll be on another search for a coordinator (or two).
Or Roman gets a deal similar to DeCosta and is willing to wait?

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
All I know is that if Roman gets asked about potential HC offers, he better not say that he's planning on building a foundation here.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I hope not !! Pay Roman extra and keep him here. Do what it takes. Lamar with the same OC for years would be unstoppable. At least wait
till we win a Super Bowl with Lamar !!!
Honestly, chew up some of the salary cap by offering Roman more, he’s so worth it

Or Roman gets a deal similar to DeCosta and is willing to wait?
I don't think either of our coordinators go just any old place. I think the biggest threat would be Roman to a team that is not dysfunctional that can draft a young QB that has the skillset that fits his system.

The thing is ... especially now after Lamar has shown what he can do ... a QB with anywhere near his skill is going to be a top 5 pick. Who among that group can you say is not dysfunctional?

Anyway .. I really don't want to think about that now. Let's enjoy what we've got going. Its been since Kubiak that we've had a competent OC and that was only for one year.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I don't think either of our coordinators go just any old place. I think the biggest threat would be Roman to a team that is not dysfunctional that can draft a young QB that has the skillset that fits his system.

The thing is ... especially now after Lamar has shown what he can do ... a QB with anywhere near his skill is going to be a top 5 pick. Who among that group can you say is not dysfunctional?

Anyway .. I really don't want to think about that now. Let's enjoy what we've got going. Its been since Kubiak that we've had a competent OC and that was only for one year.
I could see him replacing Ron Rivera to start with fresh QB. They may end up trading Newton ($19m cap savings). Draft Hurts. McCaffrey would be a solid bait.

I could see him replacing Ron Rivera to start with fresh QB. They may end up trading Newton ($19m cap savings). Draft Hurts. McCaffrey would be a solid bait.
Yeah that's a possibility. I don't know what they'll get in a trade for Cam right now. I can't imagine anything more than a 3rd - 2nd at best. I think he's going to be viewed as damaged goods.

Where do we envision Hurts getting drafted? Two of the top teams in the draft will want a QB (Miami and Cinci) but WAS and NYJ may be willing to trade out. Panthers would have to give up a boatload of picks to jump in that range.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Yeah that's a possibility. I don't know what they'll get in a trade for Cam right now. I can't imagine anything more than a 3rd - 2nd at best. I think he's going to be viewed as damaged goods.

Where do we envision Hurts getting drafted? Two of the top teams in the draft will want a QB (Miami and Cinci) but WAS and NYJ may be willing to trade out. Panthers would have to give up a boatload of picks to jump in that range.
They'll end up middle-of-the-pack and for Hurts probably wouldn't need to jump much.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I’m now realizing something about lamar, he has some of the best touch on his passes ever, he’s got a great sense of how high the defender can get, and he puts just enough touch on it to be out of reach but low enough that he can put as much velocity on it as possible so it’s not getting there late.

It used to scare me because he did this last year too, and I often felt some of his passes were lucky that they weren’t tipped, like he didn’t see a defender right in front of him and lucked out that the ball couldn’t be tipped, but he’s done it so often and so consistently that I’m calling it a trait now.