• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

Inqui

Pro Bowler
And they should've added a stipulation that if you win your division with a sub .500 record, you lose home field advantage.
If I were made emperor I'd make it even simpler and just seed the playoffs by record. Winning your division still guarantees you a place and could be a tiebreaker over a wild card team, so there's still plenty to play for. But it means you don't reward teams for being the least useless in a turkey division, and strong runners-up get better recognition.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
If I were made emperor I'd make it even simpler and just seed the playoffs by record. Winning your division still guarantees you a place and could be a tiebreaker over a wild card team, so there's still plenty to play for. But it means you don't reward teams for being the least useless in a turkey division, and strong runners-up get better recognition.
can't really seed playoffs by record due to different divisions playing tougher schedules. If you were to do that you'd have to wipe out the divisions altogether.

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
I for one am very much a fan of division winners getting home field. The only two times this decade a team without a winning record won their div, they one there first playoff game. It puts a bigger stress on division matchups and teams building there roster to beat the fellow div, thus keeping strong rivalries.

and on the other side, if the 4th seed really is that bad- I like the idea of rewarding the highest wild car team with the easiest game anyone will play. If you couldn’t win your division I don’t think you deserve a home game. You get the easiest away game. seems pretty fair to me

Corvus Purpura

Practice Squad
if the 4th seed really is that bad- I like the idea of rewarding the highest wild car team with the easiest game anyone will play. If you couldn’t win your division I don’t think you deserve a home game. You get the easiest away game. seems pretty fair to me

A specific rule for this happening could be something along the lines of a wildcard team up 3 or more games on a division winner would get the home game. For example, an 8-8 division winner would go on the road to an 11-5 or better team, but not 10-6. So 7-9 travels to 10+ win team, 9-7 travels to 12+ win team.

Back on the topic of Lamar, out of curiosity I looked back at some early pages of this tread. Fun to read the laments of not waiting for Mason Rudolph or how Baker and Josh Rosen were the best QBs of the class. And so on.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
A specific rule for this happening could be something along the lines of a wildcard team up 3 or more games on a division winner would get the home game. For example, an 8-8 division winner would go on the road to an 11-5 or better team, but not 10-6. So 7-9 travels to 10+ win team, 9-7 travels to 12+ win team.

Back on the topic of Lamar, out of curiosity I looked back at some early pages of this tread. Fun to read the laments of not waiting for Mason Rudolph or how Baker and Josh Rosen were the best QBs of the class. And so on.

haha i was all in on rosen - still think he's been hard done by the situations he's been in but it really doesnt look good lol especially when the other QBs from that class have not always had great situations either

Deebo813

Hall of Famer

Yea i def thought baker was the best. Still think he is able tbh

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
I had Rosen 1st, Baker 2nd and Lamar 3rd. Baker is not as bad as the media portrays him. I still think he and Lamar are the best
Actually I believe he is worse than what the media portrays him to be. To have the kind of weapons that dude has had and to throw 22 INTs is very revealing. The media hype surrounding all the other skill players has actually shielded the punk from how bad he really is. I personally think it is Lamar #1-5 in that class followed by Darnold #6, Allen#7, Mayfield#8 and then Rosen#9. That is just how big the gap is between Lamar and the rest of his class.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I had Rosen 1st, Baker 2nd and Lamar 3rd. Baker is not as bad as the media portrays him. I still think he and Lamar are the best
I had rosen first too, baker second, but I also thought IF lamar was nfl capable which I wasn’t entirely convinced that he was either a superstar or a bust, I didn’t see any in between lol

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
I had rosen first too, baker second, but I also thought IF lamar was nfl capable which I wasn’t entirely convinced that he was either a superstar or a bust, I didn’t see any in between lol
I don't do much draft pontification. But, the first time I laid eyes on Lamar Jackson all I saw was a reincarnation of Michael Jordan only in a football uniform and a few inches shorter and with an afro.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I don't do much draft pontification. But, the first time I laid eyes on Lamar Jackson all I saw was a reincarnation of Michael Jordan only in a football uniform and a few inches shorter and with an afro.
I had a feeling about Lamar when I realized how much I enjoyed watching his tape, because I usually hate watching and trying to evaluate a mobile qb. I was behind on the times though, scared to commit to something new lol. I actually had this nagging feeling that all the baker and darnold talk was smoke and that Cleveland was gonna take lamar at 1. Glad I was wrong there lol

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I had a feeling about Lamar when I realized how much I enjoyed watching his tape, because I usually hate watching and trying to evaluate a mobile qb. I was behind on the times though, scared to commit to something new lol. I actually had this nagging feeling that all the baker and darnold talk was smoke and that Cleveland was gonna take lamar at 1. Glad I was wrong there lol
I loved watching Lamar's tape and it was obvious that his mechanics were fixable. Although I never got the idea that Cleveland was going to take LJ, I always thought they were going to take Darnold. Thought Baker was the smokescreen. I did however think that LJ was going to be taken by the Patriots if we didn't take him at 16. There was information coming out of New England that Josh McDaniels really liked him.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I loved watching Lamar's tape and it was obvious that his mechanics were fixable. Although I never got the idea that Cleveland was going to take LJ, I always thought they were going to take Darnold. Thought Baker was the smokescreen. I did however think that LJ was going to be taken by the Patriots if we didn't take him at 16. There was information coming out of New England that Josh McDaniels really liked him.

i was certain that either the saints or pats were taking him - when the saints traded up i thought for sure that was for lamar

JAAM

Hall of Famer