• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

Corvus Purpura

Practice Squad
You can’t stop nature from running it’s course, the goal was never to stay inside until the virus just disappears, it was always about flattening the curve and allowing the US medical infrastructure to prepare, and not overwhelming the hospitals. we’ve done that successfully and the second wave is inevitable but we are now more prepared than we were in February/March.

there is nothing more we can do other than ask folks to be mindful and cautious, and don’t flood areas with people so we can maintain space and do our best to limit spread.

I agree, and I'll add that medical technology is clearly far advanced from what it was 100 years ago. Your statement about being mindful and cautious is spot on, but I inferred from his statement about premature reopenings that the original poster thought that such mindfulness and caution is not happening. His question was about whether the NFL will have a full season and I'm very doubtful about that, but am definitely hoping to be wrong.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think they're all the covers for the MVP, deluxe, or regular versions, but I don't know what the difference between those is.
Are there still people who buy the hard copy? I stopped, but this year I'll probably make an exception. Premium versions are mostly madden ultimate team related.
Edit from their website:
Pre-Order Madden NFL 21 MVP Edition and you'll also score:

• 3-Day Early Access to Madden NFL 21 (8/25/2020)
  • Lamar Jackson Elite Item with Power Up
  • 1 Large Quicksell Training Pack
  • 17 Madden Ultimate Team Gold Team Fantasy Packs
  • Madden Championship Series Ultimate Champion Pack
  • 1 of 32 Players from NFL Team Elite Packs
  • 1 “Your Choice” Uniform Pack

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Being a Lamar fan boy, I might buy all three physical copies to display and then the MVP version digitally (because I only play digital games on Xbox). Make fun of me all you want!!

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
Are there still people who buy the hard copy? I stopped, but this year I'll probably make an exception. Premium versions are mostly madden ultimate team related.
Edit from their website:

I still get the hard copies but I don't care about the MUT stuff

Nurps

Ravens Ring of Honor
I haven't touched my PlayStation in years and I'm still buying a hardcopy to add to the growing Ravens shine lol

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Edit from their website:

I haven’t bought or played madden in 3 years. I don’t play MUT or online. Just like franchise mode.

It’s clear they could care less about updating franchise mode though. All their revenue is from MUT and DLCs. So I boycotted. But I gotta support LJ8. Might even get 2 copies. Leave the MVP copy sealed, and buy the regular to play.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
this video makes me hope Greg Roman and Lamar utilize the RB checkdown more next season.
Lamar is the opposite of a check down QB. He only had check downs on 4.7% of all his throws last season. He is the anti check down QB so increasing his check downs may actually help this season, but I doubt it. He is a dude that likes TDs more than first downs.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
this video makes me hope Greg Roman and Lamar utilize the RB checkdown more next season.

it's clear on those clips that pass pro is clearly priority 1 and it's taking them slightly too long to process whether they can or should go out on a route or not - im hoping with Dobbins this year that should change and with Justice Hill too (with some extra experience)

i think the checkdown has just not been a designed part of our offence much yet - we've rarely had routes and combinations where the back is keyed - albeit when it has worked it's worked very well at times (im thinking immediately of the mark ingram texas route for a td against the Rams)

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Lamar is the opposite of a check down QB. He only had check downs on 4.7% of all his throws last season. He is the anti check down QB so increasing his check downs may actually help this season, but I doubt it. He is a dude that likes TDs more than first downs.

with dobbins on this team we may want to design more plays to get the ball to him in the passing game

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor

yeah. That’s the next evolution for lamar. Realizing that the checkdown is important to sustaining long drives. I get it though, when your freakishly gifted like he is, he probably think he can get those checkdown yards himself if he doesn’t see anyone open deep. Hopefully he watches tape of brady and brees over this offseason and had an epiphany lol

rossihunter2

Staff Member
yeah. That’s the next evolution for lamar. Realizing that the checkdown is important to sustaining long drives. I get it though, when your freakishly gifted like he is, he probably think he can get those checkdown yards himself if he doesn’t see anyone open deep. Hopefully he watches tape of brady and brees over this offseason and had an epiphany lol

also important to remember that as much as the points made in that video hold true, it was his worst game of the year in week 5 (the first game of the 12 game win-streak) when the team was not in its stride yet

he's also had 2 perfect passer ratings and led an offence that had something like a 10 quarter stretch during the season at one point without punting

there's elements of improvement to be had for sure but its not as simple as him getting greedy and not taking the short option

and on the throw to andrews that was picked off (the clear pass interference play) i think its important to note it was situationally 3rd down and we were in our own redzone and taking what the defence was giving us was not getting us a first down

not that the video is wrong, just that its lacking some context when we think about the improvements lamar can make this offseason

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
I don't watch Undisputed like that like I used to do in the past, but I peeped Shannon Sharpe's post on Instagram where he talks about Lamar's scary incident. What pisses me off is seeing the headline saying that Lamar admitted to the Ravens overlooking the Titans.

Fucking kidding me with this bullshit? Isn't this the 2nd or 3rd time where they admitted to overlooking an opponent? One I remember was Earl saying that they were overlooking the Jets.

Reactions: cdp

JAAM

Hall of Famer
I don't watch Undisputed like that like I used to do in the past, but I peeped Shannon Sharpe's post on Instagram where he talks about Lamar's scary incident. What pisses me off is seeing the headline saying that Lamar admitted to the Ravens overlooking the Titans.

Fucking kidding me with this bullshit? Isn't this the 2nd or 3rd time where they admitted to overlooking an opponent? One I remember was Earl saying that they were overlooking the Jets.
That’s why I really miss Ray and Ed. They took nothing for granted and never overlooked anyone. They would’ve told these young bucks one game at a time and to come down from that regular season high REAL quick. I’m hoping Calais brings this mentality to the locker room. Strangely enough however, I do like Earl’s cockiness. People can make fun of him lead blocking for King Henry all they want, but he quietly had a dominant season with us. I know he’s looked at as a veteran leader, but I feel like he’s relatively quiet and keeps to himself in the locker room. He was more so cocky with the reporters. He’s not that Ed/Ray type. I’m hoping Lamar becomes that on offense. Not sure who takes that role on defense (that is young).

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
That’s why I really miss Ray and Ed. They took nothing for granted and never overlooked anyone. They would’ve told these young bucks one game at a time and to come down from that regular season high REAL quick. I’m hoping Calais brings this mentality to the locker room. Strangely enough however, I do like Earl’s cockiness. People can make fun of him lead blocking for King Henry all they want, but he quietly had a dominant season with us. I know he’s looked at as a veteran leader, but I feel like he’s relatively quiet and keeps to himself in the locker room. He was more so cocky with the reporters. He’s not that Ed/Ray type. I’m hoping Lamar becomes that on offense. Not sure who takes that role on defense (that is young).
Queen?

JAAM

Hall of Famer

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
I really hope, but I don’t know much about his character/how vocal he is. From what I’ve seen he seems reserved
I kinda got that impression of Queen too, but you never know.

I think that "not taking anything for granted" mentality will come eventually for Lamar. I believe he'll grow into that veteran role and it'll spread to the rest of the team.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
I kinda got that impression of Queen too, but you never know.

I think that "not taking anything for granted" mentality will come eventually for Lamar. I believe he'll grow into that veteran role and it'll spread to the rest of the team.
I think so as well. Plus he has an infectious personality