• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

I mean to be THIS infatuated with the man is disturbing. And it’s not just one incident. I’ve found several of them coming on Ravens videos and commenting. You couldn’t pay me to get on another teams YouTube channel and comment just to talk to shit. I’m all for an intellectual debate, but you can’t converse with Chiefs fans at all

Every article on Lamar has a least one comment hurrrr Mahomes is better. Just enjoy your superbowl you wankers.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Every article on Lamar has a least one comment hurrrr Mahomes is better. Just enjoy your superbowl you wankers.
I know it's a popular thing to do every time Lamar is mentioned. It's almost like an escape mechanism for doubters/haters to go to every time they have to acknowledge Lamar's greatness. It was the same way when Michael Jordan started taking the league by storm a few years after he was drafted in the late 80s'. There were a lot of sceptics/doubters that were searching for answers elsewhere as better players than MJ. They tried Isaiah Thomas (the closest one to present day Mahomes), Dominique Wilkins, Drexler and later even more to counter MJ, but eventually they all fell in line when it became impossible to ignore MJ's greatness. That day is arriving pretty soon for Lamar Jackson as well I assure you. All these haters/doubters/deflectors will eventually kneel to Lamar's greatness and then start singing his praise like they always did. I'm just waiting for that day.

Last edited:

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
I know it's a popular thing to do every time Lamar is mentioned. It's almost like an escape mechanism for doubters/haters to go to every time they have to acknowledge Lamar's greatness. It was the same way when Michael Jordan started taking the league by storm a few years after he was drafted in the late 80s'. There were a lot of sceptics/doubters that were searching for answers elsewhere as better players than MJ. They tried Isaiah Thomas (the closest one to present day Mahomes), Dominique Wilkins, Drexler and later even more to counter MJ, but eventually they all fell in line when it became impossible to ignore MJ's greatness. That day is arriving pretty soon for Lamar Jackson as well I assure you. All these haters/doubters/deflectors will eventually kneel to Lamar's greatness and then start singing his praise like they always did. I'm just waiting for that day.
On top of that ,Lamar is a decent person.

Reactions: cdp

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor

Pretty much this.
27D043D8-451C-4309-B131-D342D4CC99BB.jpeg

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Do you guys think Lamar has enough weapons around him (namely WRs), or should we try and trade for a 1 or 1b like we did with Anquan? Just remembering the rumors about us trying to trade for Nuk made we want to post this.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
Do you guys think Lamar has enough weapons around him (namely WRs), or should we try and trade for a 1 or 1b like we did with Anquan? Just remembering the rumors about us trying to trade for Nuk made we want to post this.

Unless we have absolutely no faith in Boykin taking a leap then I think we're pretty solid at WR. Hollywood is already looking like he's ready to terrify corners around the league and become a legit number one, we still have Snead to be reliable in the slot, and Duvernay has tons of potential as a rookie to come in and make some plays. Also, if we were going to add any more WRs to the roster then I would prefer to just pick someone up in FA (Antonio Brown, for example).

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Unless we have absolutely no faith in Boykin taking a leap then I think we're pretty solid at WR. Hollywood is already looking like he's ready to terrify corners around the league and become a legit number one, we still have Snead to be reliable in the slot, and Duvernay has tons of potential as a rookie to come in and make some plays. Also, if we were going to add any more WRs to the roster then I would prefer to just pick someone up in FA (Antonio Brown, for example).
Boykin is our best blocking WR in my opinion but I’m not sure he’ll develop into a solid second option. I just hope Duv comes in and lights it up. Agreed on Hollywood. I never thought AB was a realistic option

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
Boykin is our best blocking WR in my opinion but I’m not sure he’ll develop into a solid second option. I just hope Duv comes in and lights it up. Agreed on Hollywood. I never thought AB was a realistic option

Boykin showed flashes though which makes me think that if we actually draw up plays designed for him and get him more involved in the offense then he could become a solid number two. It's been stated many times before, but he was often the 3rd/4th option on a lot of plays last year and was kind of an afterthought on offense (aside from his blocking on run plays). I still think he has a ton of potential as long as he continues to improve his game and the coaching staff decides to run plays for him.

That being said, if Duv comes in and lights it up then I wouldn't be mad if Boykin just sticks to blocking. Duv's college highlights remind me a bit of Steve Smith so I really can't wait to see him play. If he pans out then it's going to be extremely difficult for defenses to contain both him and Hollywood.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Boykin showed flashes though which makes me think that if we actually draw up plays designed for him and get him more involved in the offense then he could become a solid number two. It's been stated many times before, but he was often the 3rd/4th option on a lot of plays last year and was kind of an afterthought on offense (aside from his blocking on run plays). I still think he has a ton of potential as long as he continues to improve his game and the coaching staff decides to run plays for him.

That being said, if Duv comes in and lights it up then I wouldn't be mad if Boykin just sticks to blocking. Duv's college highlights remind me a bit of Steve Smith so I really can't wait to see him play. If he pans out then it's going to be extremely difficult for defenses to contain both him and Hollywood.

boykin's going to be a part of this offence just by virtue of being on the field as a downfield WR who can run off coverage and also block better than any of the other WRs on our roster - the only question is whether he becomes a viable receiver threat because i fully expect him to get lots of opportunities based off the film reviews they will have done with regards to evolving the passing attack

JAAM

Hall of Famer

If Mahomes made some of the side arm throws Lamar made last year everyone and the media would be on Pat’s nuts

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
I thought Snead was our best blocking WR... so unless Duvernay can block as well as these two, he's going to get limited opportunities.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I thought Snead was our best blocking WR... so unless Duvernay can block as well as these two, he's going to get limited opportunities.

he'll get plenty of opportunities - none of our WRs dominated snap counts last year even with a depleted WR corps

Hollywood's gonna lead the WRs in snaps, Boykin's going to play a lot of the outside snaps but especially in heavy looks, Willie likewise will get a lot of snaps in run-looks, Duvernay will get used in all sorts of ways to get him the ball in space or find him targets when he's matched up in a zone

duvernay will get snaps because we'll probably try and manufacture some touches for him to make use of his speed and RAC ability

JAAM

Hall of Famer
I’d say Boykin. He was pushing DBs down the field and bullying them. Maybe I just didn’t look hard enough at Snead but Miles is the one that stood out the most

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I’d say Boykin. He was pushing DBs down the field and bullying them. Maybe I just didn’t look hard enough at Snead but Miles is the one that stood out the most

miles was probably our best blocker at WR but Snead probably made the most impactful blocks because of his being closer to the LoS and his use in motion to almost become like another TE in some instances - he was used in motion an enormous amount as part of the running scheme

it's hard to really discount either of them and their roles were so different - miles's blocks were flashier though because they often helped spring big runs

rossihunter2

Staff Member
It doesnt show the attempts though. Im sure all those guys have much more tight window attempts than lamar

there's a minimum number to qualify or the stat is meaningless

and it's an average so the total number of attempts (once you've got past a qualifying level) is meaningless

but i can tell you that in terms of total passing attempts he had more than stafford and brees, only 100 less than russ and deshaun watson so i doubt attempts would really change anything generally (especially with lamar's receiving corps not being particularly standout or good in contested situations)

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
there's a minimum number to qualify or the stat is meaningless

and it's an average so the total number of attempts (once you've got past a qualifying level) is meaningless

but i can tell you that in terms of total passing attempts he had more than stafford and brees, only 100 less than russ and deshaun watson so i doubt attempts would really change anything generally (especially with lamar's receiving corps not being particularly standout or good in contested situations)
Yea but it says tight windows. As far as tight window attempts, i think lamar has the least. Well
Maybe brees since he lacks the arm strength now.