• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
That’s why I really miss Ray and Ed. They took nothing for granted and never overlooked anyone. They would’ve told these young bucks one game at a time and to come down from that regular season high REAL quick. I’m hoping Calais brings this mentality to the locker room. Strangely enough however, I do like Earl’s cockiness. People can make fun of him lead blocking for King Henry all they want, but he quietly had a dominant season with us. I know he’s looked at as a veteran leader, but I feel like he’s relatively quiet and keeps to himself in the locker room. He was more so cocky with the reporters. He’s not that Ed/Ray type. I’m hoping Lamar becomes that on offense. Not sure who takes that role on defense (that is young).
Well we have Calais Campbell now who is totally focused on getting himself a ring. He's going to straighten out expectations imo. Remember how the Jags lost to the Pats in the AFCC game? He remembers and now Lamar knows it too with 2 playoff games without success. They'll be fine and don't forget our HC who has a good post season track record. But, I agree the reason we won all those playoff games was because of Ray and Ed keeping our eyes on the prize.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I really hope, but I don’t know much about his character/how vocal he is. From what I’ve seen he seems reserved
Maybe in interviews and stuff but on the field he brings a lot of fire. He was consistently the tone setter of the defense, he and delpit were The emotional leaders on the field

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I really hope, but I don’t know much about his character/how vocal he is. From what I’ve seen he seems reserved

he was more vocal on the field as the year went on taking control of things and communicating but wasnt clearly a vocal leader - more in the CJ Mosley mould where he's a good communicator and a valuable part of a defensive communication but wont be seen as a front-facing leader who's the figurehead for media etc.

we havent found a replacement for sizzle yet in that regard - if judon's here longterm then its probably him

right now it might even be brandon williams on defence which is not a good sign

on offence right now it's mark ingram

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I kinda got that impression of Queen too, but you never know.

I think that "not taking anything for granted" mentality will come eventually for Lamar. I believe he'll grow into that veteran role and it'll spread to the rest of the team.

i think this year will be lesson learned in that regard
we had everything going our way and we slightly took our eye of the ball and got punished - getting that first playoff win is going to be 100% focussed on when we get back there - no looking to the next week at all

Reactions: cdp

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think so as well. Plus he has an infectious personality
Once you are the unanimous league MVP and on the cover of Madden, your cred is instant and profound. Add to that Lamar's 'we are all equals' mindset and he'll be the pied piper of the Ravens for a long time. The team will go emotionally where Lamar Jackson takes them. However, having said that I do believe we have quiet leaders already on defense that are respected and the name may surprise you - Chuck Clark. He wears the dot for the defense and is quiet and hard worker like Mosley was. Then you have Judon and Humphrey too along with Campbell, Williams and Wolfe. Also, a vocal leader on D will be Pernell McPhee who is the bridge between the Ray Lewis era and this one.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I’d love to see a consistent rushing package that doesn’t include a rb. Boyle and ricard flanking Lamar, with duvernay on jet sweeps and Hollywood on orbits with the threat of either of them running wide or Lamar keeping and finding a hole, it could easily be an RPO as well and either of the FBs Could slip out and either of the motion receivers could be full speed hitting the LOS and could release easily.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
My biggest concern about Lamar is he's not getting reps in except throwing the ball in an open field in Florida. His closest coaches admit he needs reps to play his best and I have little doubt the 3 week down time before the Titans game hurt his play.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
My biggest concern about Lamar is he's not getting reps in except throwing the ball in an open field in Florida. His closest coaches admit he needs reps to play his best and I have little doubt the 3 week down time before the Titans game hurt his play.
Well that and him admitting that the team overlooked the Titans which was a grave mistake from the get go.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I’d love to see a consistent rushing package that doesn’t include a rb. Boyle and ricard flanking Lamar, with duvernay on jet sweeps and Hollywood on orbits with the threat of either of them running wide or Lamar keeping and finding a hole, it could easily be an RPO as well and either of the FBs Could slip out and either of the motion receivers could be full speed hitting the LOS and could release easily.

That kind of package would likely work better if the rechsteiner kid makes the team - more dynamic athlete than either Boyle or Ricard with the ball in his hands

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Let's just hope he is getting his reps in. From everything we know about him, he'll find a way to put in the work because it means so much to him.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Well that and him admitting that the team overlooked the Titans which was a grave mistake from the get go.
I dnt really believe they overlooked titans. Titans had just beaten patriots.. we probably just didnt expect henry to do what he did and thats not something u can adjust to during game

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
i dont even think it's that either - i think we just played badly and got unlucky on some key momentum plays (the 4th and 1s)
I would absolutely agree. I've said this multiple times, but if we just catch the ball we win the game going away.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I dnt really believe they overlooked titans. Titans had just beaten patriots.. we probably just didnt expect henry to do what he did and thats not something u can adjust to during game
Ravens were rusty, had some key players playing at 75% at best, and coaches were acting desperate very early on, Lamar had some jitters, the only wr that got off the bus was Hollywood.

the titans executed to perfection for 4 quarters, we didn’t execute in any key moments.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
There’s this dude who is a Chiefs fan on NFL Memes that posts Lamar memes on things that have nothing to do with our QB. He got a meme from another Chiefs fan and reposted it. I’m just really failing to understand the obsession from Chiefs fans with Lamar. It’s getting irritating at this point. It was funny/sad to begin with, but I just want to smack these people now lol

rossihunter2

Staff Member
There’s this dude who is a Chiefs fan on NFL Memes that posts Lamar memes on things that have nothing to do with our QB. He got a meme from another Chiefs fan and reposted it. I’m just really failing to understand the obsession from Chiefs fans with Lamar. It’s getting irritating at this point. It was funny/sad to begin with, but I just want to smack these people now lol

its the insecurity of fans of a team that just won their first superbowl in 50 years with an attractive team but they dont get to be the darlings of the NFL

JAAM

Hall of Famer
its the insecurity of fans of a team that just won their first superbowl in 50 years with an attractive team but they dont get to be the darlings of the NFL
I mean to be THIS infatuated with the man is disturbing. And it’s not just one incident. I’ve found several of them coming on Ravens videos and commenting. You couldn’t pay me to get on another teams YouTube channel and comment just to talk to shit. I’m all for an intellectual debate, but you can’t converse with Chiefs fans at all