• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
Uh .. what . That’s the first I’ve heard anyone label what Mahomes does as “hype”..... put down the purple cool aid my friend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah and to say Lamar makes every throw he does and is better? LOL

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Yeah and to say Lamar makes every throw he does and is better? LOL
That incredulous 'LAUGH OUT LOUD' will haunt you after Lamar totals 50+ TDs this year and throws for over 4000 yds. He also wins his second MVP and Mahomes won't be in that conversation. Book it dear friend and be ready to eat a piece of Lhama pie.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Uh .. what . That’s the first I’ve heard anyone label what Mahomes does as “hype”..... put down the purple cool aid my friend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sorry. Hype. If what Mahomes does is a 7 it is blown up to a 10. When Lamar does the same 7, it is somehow a 5. That difference sir, is what constitutes 'hype'.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
That incredulous 'LAUGH OUT LOUD' will haunt you after Lamar totals 50+ TDs this year and throws for over 4000 yds. He also wins his second MVP and Mahomes won't be in that conversation. Book it dear friend and be ready to eat a piece of Lhama pie.

I’ll gladly eat that pie

rossihunter2

Staff Member
https://www.nfl.com/news/next-gen-s...ssure-in-2020-ryan-fitzpatrick-outshines-comp

Very interesting - Lamar’s been consistently excellent vs pressure since taking over as a full-time starter

I think we just take it for granted just how great Lamar was making up for a pretty poor OL in 2020 - we saw him destroy the blitz in 2019 and he was still very good under pressure in 2020 despite having his clock sped up a ton

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
https://www.nfl.com/news/next-gen-s...ssure-in-2020-ryan-fitzpatrick-outshines-comp

Very interesting - Lamar’s been consistently excellent vs pressure since taking over as a full-time starter

I think we just take it for granted just how great Lamar was making up for a pretty poor OL in 2020 - we saw him destroy the blitz in 2019 and he was still very good under pressure in 2020 despite having his clock sped up a ton
We get our OL back to 2019.......good luck to the rest of the defenses.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
We get our OL back to 2019.......good luck to the rest of the defenses.

doesnt even need to be as good as 2019 but they need to be assignment sound and consistent - that doesnt necessarily mean never giving up pressure but the pressure has to be predictable (in that Lamar should know who his wink leaks are on any given play and it hopefully isn't more than 1 guy) - in 2019 he had bozeman as his weakest link whereas in 2020 he had C, RG and RT as potential weak links down the stretch - bozeman went from the worst starting OL to the 2nd best and tbf partly that was him improving but more it was yanda missing, stanley injured and skura not coming back from injury well

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
doesnt even need to be as good as 2019 but they need to be assignment sound and consistent - that doesnt necessarily mean never giving up pressure but the pressure has to be predictable (in that Lamar should know who his wink leaks are on any given play and it hopefully isn't more than 1 guy) - in 2019 he had bozeman as his weakest link whereas in 2020 he had C, RG and RT as potential weak links down the stretch - bozeman went from the worst starting OL to the 2nd best and tbf partly that was him improving but more it was yanda missing, stanley injured and skura not coming back from injury well

I will add to this and also say Lamar needs to completely focus on the defense pre-play and NOT on whether or not he’ll get killed because the damn centers can’t do the peewee league thing of snapping the ball correctly. I’m desperately hoping them lining him up directly behind the C more isn’t a show of how bad we are there once again. If so, F the dumb arse Julio idea and bring us in a GD center with that draft capital

Reactions: cdp