• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Didnt ed reed and dhop not have agents?
Reed used an agent for his first large contract, which he signed in 2006. He did not have an agent when he left Baltimore and signed with Houston, but I'm not sure that's going to help your case.

Hopkins only didn't use an agent for his most recent two year extension with the Cardinals. He used an agent for his rookie deal and for his larger extension with Houston previously.

Richard Sherman was wildly criticized for signing a "bad deal" with SF when he negotiated his own deal after leaving Seattle. He got a whopping $5M guaranteed on that deal. It was extremely incentive-heavy. He hit a good chunk of them, which is a post-analysis perspective, but various agents weighed in suggesting they would have very easily gotten him a lot more in guaranteed money and a lot less in incentive-based compensation.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Nope, I couldn't care less who represents him. I just think its funny when some people get all butt hurt when I suggest that maybe, just maybe, the Ravens may not take his mother seriously as a contract negotiator. Goes without saying that they may view her differently than some of the other agents who have done dozens of these deals and done them successfully.

well it's on them to view her differently then... because they dont get to choose who negotiates the biggest player deal in their organisational history... lamar does and he chose her

so they'll have to take her seriously

rossihunter2

Staff Member
A good contract lawyer can do all those things. Sure there’s complexities but it hardly the most complex contract a top contract lawyer would face. I’ve negotiated many multi million dollar contacts where the lawyer lays out the position and I fight to get them to agree to it as close as possible. Whether she’s any good at that I have no idea, I guess we will find out.

also the idea that they need an agent to fight for a better deal completely ignores the fact that felicia jones has never accepted anything less than exactly what she and lamar wanted for lamar... going all the way back to high school...

what makes anyone think she won't do the same here

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
well it's on them to view her differently then... because they dont get to choose who negotiates the biggest player deal in their organisational history... lamar does and he chose her

so they'll have to take her seriously

I’ll agree here. If Lamar sees even a little bit of disrespect towards his mom in this process, he’ll leave the table and demand out

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
I’ll agree here. If Lamar sees even a little bit of disrespect towards his mom in this process, he’ll leave the table and demand out
Which is why I'm not worried in the slightest regarding this. Plus, I'm sure that his "dad" will not tolerate it lol.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Which is why I'm not worried in the slightest regarding this. Plus, I'm sure that his "dad" will not tolerate it lol.
Absolutely. His dad is an extremely well read man! He may be relatively unknown but is known to be a tiger at the negotiating table if only Lamar's mother will have him. They are estranged right now and Lamar sadly has turned into a mama's boy! He will however have daddy's aura overwhelming the negotiating room which may shake EDC and Moriarty's negotiating confidence and prowess.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
@Sizzle please read my detailed response to @Dom McRaven. I've bared my soul for the world to see. I'm relieved that I have all of you to share my family woes with.

I am glad you’re doing well Mr. Jackson Sr. I know you’re busy with being a Dad to another one of our players now too so you’re an extremely busy man

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Gotta love watching your starting QB playing football on blacktop 2 months before the season starts

Patrick Queen's response to PFT tweeting about this said it best....

Lamar is out there making memories for kids and making them happy. Yeah can he get hurt? Sure but to be mad at him or PFT and the media to make a big deal out of doing something for kids... that's just looking for a reason to bash Lamar. Aaron Rodgers & Tom Brady can tear their rotator cuff on a bad swing of a golf club but I don't see nobody saying they shouldn't be playing Golf a few months before the season.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
Patrick Queen's response to PFT tweeting about this said it best....

Lamar is out there making memories for kids and making them happy. Yeah can he get hurt? Sure but to be mad at him or PFT and the media to make a big deal out of doing something for kids... that's just looking for a reason to bash Lamar. Aaron Rodgers & Tom Brady can tear their rotator cuff on a bad swing of a golf club but I don't see nobody saying they shouldn't be playing Golf a few months before the season.

The risk of hurting yourself on blacktop doing drills like that is immeasurably higher than from swinging a golf club. Part of being a franchise QB is knowing how to mitigate safety risks as much as possible. Being responsible and not careless

JO_75

Hall of Famer
The risk of hurting yourself on blacktop doing drills like that is immeasurably higher than from swinging a golf club. Part of being a franchise QB is knowing how to mitigate safety risks as much as possible. Being responsible and not careless

Cam Newton when he was a Panther hopped a fence to play catch with some middle school students in NC when he was a Panther and got praised for it. Any other QB it would be... "QB gives back to community by helping kids", and we all know damn well that is the case especially if it's Mahomes, Brady, or Rodgers. With Lamar it's... "OMG he's playing ball with kids, get him off the court ASAP!!! How dare him!"

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
Cam Newton when he was a Panther hopped a fence to play catch with some middle school students in NC when he was a Panther and got praised for it. Any other QB it would be... "QB gives back to community by helping kids", and we all know damn well that is the case especially if it's Mahomes, Brady, or Rodgers. With Lamar it's... "OMG he's playing ball with kids, get him off the court ASAP!!! How dare him!"

Lol ok. Never was a Flacco fan, but I remember how people said how dumb he was for skateboarding in the offseason

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Lol ok. Never was a Flacco fan, but I remember how people said how dumb he was for skateboarding in the offseason

To be fair, it was a couple of days before the AFC championship game actually. Big difference lol.