• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

rossihunter2

Staff Member

this is probably the area as a passer that most excites me about lamar (and the current iteration of the ravens offence) especially when taken vs the latter years of flacco where we were notorious for checking it down short of the sticks

i love that we're aggressive on offence even when behind the chains

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer

this is probably the area as a passer that most excites me about lamar (and the current iteration of the ravens offence) especially when taken vs the latter years of flacco where we were notorious for checking it down short of the sticks

i love that we're aggressive on offence even when behind the chains

His threat to run for the first down mindfucks defenses. Changes the whole game. Once we get competent pass catchers, it's a wrap.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
His threat to run for the first down mindfucks defenses. Changes the whole game. Once we get competent pass catchers, it's a wrap.

Especially 3rd and short. We can literally do anything in any formation, hopefully even more so now if our WRs pan out

rossihunter2

Staff Member

it's more of a mindset to me - in his early years as a starter he's never taken that easy option in 3rd down situations - he's been aggressive with the ball and put it in tight windows to try and convert

obviously the run threat gives him more options - but this is specifically about air yards and throwing beyond the sticks (in many cases) in those 3rd and long situations

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
it's more of a mindset to me - in his early years as a starter he's never taken that easy option in 3rd down situations - he's been aggressive with the ball and put it in tight windows to try and convert

obviously the run threat gives him more options - but this is specifically about air yards and throwing beyond the sticks (in many cases) in those 3rd and long situations

For someone who is just a RB, he sure does a great job on those downs

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
it's actually boggling how effective we are in those passing situations - which is why it always infuriates me that we dont pass more on 1st down (even with lamar's rushing impact)

That would throw a shite ton of teams off if we started throwing that into the equation.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor

So long as we don’t line up in a 5 wide, empty backfield set where it’s an obvious Lamar run play like dumbarses

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
So long as we don’t line up in a 5 wide, empty backfield set where it’s an obvious Lamar run play like dumbarses
last year it seemed to be that way, but we were awesome with an empty backfield in 2019 and I'm talking passing the ball, not running it.

redrum52

Hall of Famer

Really hope the new staff additions show early and grow throughout the season. Never thought this was a Lamar problem, but more scheme and personnel related. Know it's going to be a while, but think this team( if they can get/stay healthy) will see a cohesive unit around weeks 9-12. Something similar to the 2019 campaign where they knew what they could do and just started rolling.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'm gonna say this... I loved how the article that @rossihunter2 shared mentioned that Jackson was working with a QB guru on using his body more. That was his one major fault; inconsistency in using his base/entire body in throwing. If he does indeed fix that, watch out! Unstoppable.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer

I cannot possibly believe a real-life nfl exec said this... literally could not be more wrong both in terms of the stats and the underlying logic...

The mere presence of Lamar Jackson has exposed so many analysts, mfs have reached so far to deny him his due respect that they are just vomiting out easily disproven bullshit left and right.