1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.
    Dismiss Notice

Lamar Jackson

Discussion in 'Ravens Talk' started by Ice Bowl, May 9, 2018.

1. thats my qb

• Like Like x 2
  2. Lamar is going to have a MVP season . I can feel it.

• Like Like x 3
  3. 44 Pass TD and 7 Rush TD

You heard it here first

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Mike Florio and them still remains silent on this risky fan interaction. Wonder why..

5. this is probably the area as a passer that most excites me about lamar (and the current iteration of the ravens offence) especially when taken vs the latter years of flacco where we were notorious for checking it down short of the sticks

i love that we're aggressive on offence even when behind the chains

6. His threat to run for the first down mindfucks defenses. Changes the whole game. Once we get competent pass catchers, it's a wrap.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Especially 3rd and short. We can literally do anything in any formation, hopefully even more so now if our WRs pan out

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. it's more of a mindset to me - in his early years as a starter he's never taken that easy option in 3rd down situations - he's been aggressive with the ball and put it in tight windows to try and convert

obviously the run threat gives him more options - but this is specifically about air yards and throwing beyond the sticks (in many cases) in those 3rd and long situations

• Like Like x 1
  9. For someone who is just a RB, he sure does a great job on those downs

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. it's actually boggling how effective we are in those passing situations - which is why it always infuriates me that we dont pass more on 1st down (even with lamar's rushing impact)

• Like Like x 1
  11. That would throw a shite ton of teams off if we started throwing that into the equation.

12. So long as we don’t line up in a 5 wide, empty backfield set where it’s an obvious Lamar run play like dumbarses

• Like Like x 1
  13. wait, could he actually be a...

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. last year it seemed to be that way, but we were awesome with an empty backfield in 2019 and I'm talking passing the ball, not running it.

• Like Like x 1
  15. I know, I was being facetious lol

• Like Like x 1