• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Lamar put us ahead with 30 some seconds left and no Raider timeouts. The D failed miserably in this scenario.
Lamar took us down the field on what should have been 2 game winning drives on Monday Night. We went ahead 24-17 and 27-24. One of them should have been enough. The defense definitely let us down as well. It's not all on Lamar.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
They looked completely gassed and yet the Raiders D did not. TIme of possession was close so I guess the Raiders D is in better shape than our D.
They were going 3 and out in the first half.

we were going 3 and out in the second.

that’s the difference. However, you can not give up 2 game winning leads in the last 5 minutes and blame the qb because the defense was gassed, it’s football, you gotta nut the fuck up. And wink honestly deserves more of the defensive blame than anyone, he was just throwing the kitchen sink at them what seemed like every snap with no disguise or deception, and then when we needed to prevent a field goal we went into prevent as if we had a 4 point lead.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
They were going 3 and out in the first half.

we were going 3 and out in the second.

that’s the difference. However, you can not give up 2 game winning leads in the last 5 minutes and blame the qb because the defense was gassed, it’s football, you gotta nut the fuck up. And wink honestly deserves more of the defensive blame than anyone, he was just throwing the kitchen sink at them what seemed like every snap with no disguise or deception, and then when we needed to prevent a field goal we went into prevent as if we had a 4 point lead.

This may have been Wink's worst-called game since becoming our DC. I was honestly baffled at what I was watching for the 2nd half.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
While there is absolutely zero excuse for our defense to have choked like it did, I’ll say this. An aggressive defense usually wears down a lot quicker than a defense that isn’t aggressive. Saw a poster above state something about us being tired and how the Raiders weren’t

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
20210916_143010.jpg

This was a video of Kyler scrambling and completing a pass. I don't know how you can watch Lamar play and say something like this. This shit pisses me off and it got 3,000 likes. Wtf

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I still think Lamar is a superior qb and right now it’s just a matter of the OL absolutely ruining his abilities, and I get we wanna defend him, but let’s not act like kyler Murray isn’t potentially an absolute stud

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
I still think Lamar is a superior qb and right now it’s just a matter of the OL absolutely ruining his abilities, and I get we wanna defend him, but let’s not act like kyler Murray isn’t potentially an absolute stud

Love to see Murray with the rag tag dollar tree assortment of WRs we’ve had the past few years prior to hopefully this one

rossihunter2

Staff Member

kyler's great and in a great situation - and his team just put lots of tools around him...

he's got 5 guys at WR who're either 1st or 2nd round picks at some point in their career - 1 of whom is considered among the top 3-4 WRs in the league

he's got an OL with a 15m/yr LT, a 9m/yr LG, a 10m/yr C and then have 2 guys on reasonable 2nd deals at RG and RT...

Hudson's probably the only truly exceptional player in that OL but they've got 3 quality starters and 2 fine veterans on the other side

i think you could argue that the Ravens if healthy have a better group around Lamar but he's not got to play with them yet... and probably never will

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
I get that he's good, but you can't show a clip of Murray making a play that looks exactly like something Lamar has done and say that's what Lamar is supposed to look like. That's just some bullshit right there.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I get that it’s bullshit to tear down Lamar to prop up kyler, but we’re no better tearing down Murray to prop up Lamar lol.

kyler Murray is going to have an incredible career. This league is going to be run by mahomes, Lamar, Murray, and Lawrence, Allen and fields potentially as well.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
TBF up until this year he hasn't been a very good passer. If he continues passing the way he did first half Monday night all that talk will stop.

Lamar’s mechanics have always been below average. That’s why you see so many balls in the dirt. Pretty amazing that he is so incredibly successful even with that flaw. Guy is just a baller

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
I get that it’s bullshit to tear down Lamar to prop up kyler, but we’re no better tearing down Murray to prop up Lamar lol.

kyler Murray is going to have an incredible career. This league is going to be run by mahomes, Lamar, Murray, and Lawrence, Allen and fields potentially as well.
I agree, and hope my original post didn't come across as if I was shitting on Murray.

Just always seems to be Lamar taking the shit to make all these other guys look good. Like we get it, you've got your face of the franchise, stop making it about Lamar.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
I really think lamar needed that to happen.. only way he gonna be able to learn from it.. wont be surprised if he starts going getting down just a little more lol.. not a lot but just a littke

Simba

Staff Member
I know we love him as Ravens fans, but it still doesn’t get stated enough… we need to enjoy Lamar while we have him. For whatever limitations he has as a passer, this man is still a once in a generation player. I’ve never seen someone that has so much natural ability. There’s not one other player in the NFL that can turn what looks like a 1 yard gain into 8 or 9 with such ease. The change of direction is elite. He’s going to make mistakes but at the end of the day, we should feel incredibly grateful that we get to watch him play for our team.