• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
I’m fully onboard with this guy. This is one of those signature Ws he can stake his claim to. Oweh might’ve been a strong closer but Lamar sealed it

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
I know we love him as Ravens fans, but it still doesn’t get stated enough… we need to enjoy Lamar while we have him. For whatever limitations he has as a passer, this man is still a once in a generation player. I’ve never seen someone that has so much natural ability. There’s not one other player in the NFL that can turn what looks like a 1 yard gain into 8 or 9 with such ease. The change of direction is elite. He’s going to make mistakes but at the end of the day, we should feel incredibly grateful that we get to watch him play for our team.

You take the good with the bad and the good far outweighs the bad when it comes to Lamar. However, natural ability alone is not enough to get the championship. Lamar has the ability to make all the throws, he just needs to improve on his decision making and defensive reads. The 2nd int was real bad, additionally a lot of open guys he just didn’t see when he failed to read the field properly. Im surprised it took colinsworth so long to highlight it with the Andrews play.

That being said it is so much fun watching this guy play. Glad he is our QB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Simba

Staff Member
You take the good with the bad and the good far outweighs the bad when it comes to Lamar. However, natural ability alone is not enough to get the championship. Lamar has the ability to make all the throws, he just needs to improve on his decision making and defensive reads. The 2nd int was real bad, additionally a lot of open guys he just didn’t see when he failed to read the field properly. Im surprised it took colinsworth so long to highlight it with the Andrews play.

That being said it is so much fun watching this guy play. Glad he is our QB

I just fear people are going to get caught up so much in what he can’t do that they’re going to miss all of the amazing things he can do. Maybe he never wins a super bowl and that would suck. But he’s a special player and I just hope people realize that now before he retires so they don’t miss out.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I know we love him as Ravens fans, but it still doesn’t get stated enough… we need to enjoy Lamar while we have him. For whatever limitations he has as a passer, this man is still a once in a generation player. I’ve never seen someone that has so much natural ability. There’s not one other player in the NFL that can turn what looks like a 1 yard gain into 8 or 9 with such ease. The change of direction is elite. He’s going to make mistakes but at the end of the day, we should feel incredibly grateful that we get to watch him play for our team.
he gets so skinny in situations where it looks like no gain. Agree there is no question he has elite change of direction. He makes it look effortless.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
I just fear people are going to get caught up so much in what he can’t do that they’re going to miss all of the amazing things he can do. Maybe he never wins a super bowl and that would suck. But he’s a special player and I just hope people realize that now before he retires so they don’t miss out.

Yea I think that really fair. To many of us are championship or bust now. We don’t always enjoy the journey

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
It kinda is championship or bust though…. I mean Lamar even says it. Randall Cunningham is only separated from the greats by never winning a Super Bowl. Dan Marino is a very very different species because of all the passing records he got. A Super Bowl should be EVERYONE’S goal

Simba

Staff Member
It kinda is championship or bust though…. I mean Lamar even says it. Randall Cunningham is only separated from the greats by never winning a Super Bowl. Dan Marino is a very very different species because of all the passing records he got. A Super Bowl should be EVERYONE’S goal

I mean it absolutely should be. My point is largely to not forget to enjoy watching him play. This is a once in a lifetime player. I’d be hard pressed to believe that we’ll see anything like him again for a long time. Not sure what it is with Lamar - if it’s the new social media culture or what - but he’s significantly better and more exciting than Vick ever was as a runner but people are too focused on his deficiencies as a passer to enjoy the greatness we get to see.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

exactly - people getting stuck on what he’s sometimes not doing (occasional misread or overthrown deep shot) but forget that he’s able to do things that no QB in NFL history has ever been able to do

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
exactly - people getting stuck on what he’s sometimes not doing (occasional misread or overthrown deep shot) but forget that he’s able to do things that no QB in NFL history has ever been able to do

Anyone ragging on Lamar for occasional misreads must be forgetting plays in which Flacco would literally not see a LB directly in his sights and throw it anyway. Lamar could literally play a perfect game and I think some "fans" would still find something to hate on him for.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor

Yea but it makes no sense we think that way. Dan Marino is not a bad Qb because he didn’t win a championship. He is one of the best to ever play. Just never won the big game in a team sport.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Anyone ragging on Lamar for occasional misreads must be forgetting plays in which Flacco would literally not see a LB directly in his sights and throw it anyway. Lamar could literally play a perfect game and I think some "fans" would still find something to hate on him for.

Not sure what Flacco has to do with Lamar’s play, but Lamar is set to become the second highest paid QB in the league behind Mahomes. It’s very fair to question misreads and throws into triple coverage.

I compliment Lamar more than I bash him but I’m not going to turn into a Homer and pretend the guy has no flaws.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Not sure what Flacco has to do with Lamar’s play, but Lamar is set to become the second highest paid QB in the league behind Mahomes. It’s very fair to question misreads and throws into triple coverage.

I compliment Lamar more than I bash him but I’m not going to turn into a Homer and pretend the guy has no flaws.

But precisely 0 people on this site think he has no flaws. The guy is a generational athlete who has really improved his passing over the years. He just when he's running for his life can get out of control and make bad decisions. Additionally, he'll randomly put one in the dirt or over throw someone by 15 yards occasionally. That's who he is. But there's few better than Lamar Jackson when his OL protects him.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
But precisely 0 people on this site think he has no flaws. The guy is a generational athlete who has really improved his passing over the years. He just when he's running for his life can get out of control and make bad decisions. Additionally, he'll randomly put one in the dirt or over throw someone by 15 yards occasionally. That's who he is. But there's few better than Lamar Jackson when his OL protects him.

Yea I agree , he is human and makes mistakes. No issues there, and again the pros very much out weigh the cons. Aside from Mahomes and Brady, there isn’t another QB I’d trade Lamar for. But some fans have become overly sensitive homers.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor

I was making a comparison to Flacco because he did some absolutely dumb shit at QB sometimes and never got the amount of hate for it that Lamar seems to get.

It's perfectly fine to criticize Lamar when he makes mistakes, but some people just go overboard with it.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
Yea I agree , he is human and makes mistakes. No issues there, and again the pros very much out weigh the cons. Aside from Mahomes and Brady, there isn’t another QB I’d trade Lamar for. But some fans have become overly sensitive homers.

I agree with everything except the Brady part. Sure he’s good, the GOAT, but would you really trade Brady for a the rest of this year and possibly next year rental?

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
I agree with everything except the Brady part. Sure he’s good, the GOAT, but would you really trade Brady for a the rest of this year and possibly next year rental?

Lol for another ring …. Yea probably. I’m also living down here in Tampa watching him first hand so I’m a bit biased.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I mean it absolutely should be. My point is largely to not forget to enjoy watching him play. This is a once in a lifetime player. I’d be hard pressed to believe that we’ll see anything like him again for a long time. Not sure what it is with Lamar - if it’s the new social media culture or what - but he’s significantly better and more exciting than Vick ever was as a runner but people are too focused on his deficiencies as a passer to enjoy the greatness we get to see.
by Michael Vick's own statement, he didn't work hard enough until he went to the Eagles. Lamar is a completely different animal and I don't buy that he isn't a good passer.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

of course not, don't overstate the negatives when he has waaaay more positives. The best QB's have flaws and no one is perfect.