• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
IF (again, the biggest IF in recent Ravens history) he leaves, the Dolphins are the only team I could see him going to barring a Lamar or Josh Allen level progression from Tua.
I'm not so sure. The only place that could draw him out of Baltimore will be the LA Rams, for the reasons I cited. He is a very shrewd young man.

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler
IF (again, the biggest IF in recent Ravens history) he leaves, the Dolphins are the only team I could see him going to barring a Lamar or Josh Allen level progression from Tua.
Luckily, we're in a position to SEND him to whoever gives us the most capital for him. And this is true for this year and next. But doing him the solid of arranging a landing spot, if he doesn't see Baltimore being it, or us not wanting to put half of the team's payroll into one guy, then we should be preparing for life without Lamar in either case.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
I'm pretty sure some media members put this out there just hoping it takes on a life of its own to cause a rift. It's easier to ignore the noise.

JAAM

Hall of Famer

JAAM

Hall of Famer

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
1. Agree with Rossi. I don't know why the Ravens would get outbid by anybody.
2. If it happened, it wouldn't happen until 2025.
The only thing preventing Lamar from being here for the next three years is a career-changing injury, or him falling flat on his face for the next two years. Like playing at a backup level.
Not out bid , just not willing to meet the asking price, the highest paid QB. 5th year option is more than manageable, 2023 and 2024 tag numbers start getting excessive. Don’t see the Ravens picking up both. Hopefully they get a fair deal done in the near future, but If Lamar and the Ravens can’t get a deal done by next summer I don’t believe he will be here in 2024. I also said the Ravens shouldn’t and wouldn’t pick up Hollywood’s 5th year option and people laughed but here we are. Who knows , a lot can happen in two years. Just wouldn’t shock me to see this one go either way.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
cant read this coz the Sun isnt available in europe - but guessing this was written by Preston?
Pryzbylewski's cousin wrote that crap

Based on his actions, I think it is quite obvious Lamar Jackson is not a team player for the Baltimore Ravens (”Ravens QB Lamar Jackson absent from OTAs as he enters final year of rookie contract: ‘It’s up to him,’” May 25). He is a prima donna and thinks the entire season and future of the Ravens is based on him because “He is Lamar.” I’ll be glad to see him leave and to find a quarterback who cares more about the Ravens than himself.

Maybe we should dump Lamar Jackson before he dumps the Ravens!

— Stas Chrzanowski, Baltimore

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Not out bid , just not willing to meet the asking price, the highest paid QB. 5th year option is more than manageable, 2023 and 2024 tag numbers start getting excessive. Don’t see the Ravens picking up both. Hopefully they get a fair deal done in the near future, but If Lamar and the Ravens can’t get a deal done by next summer I don’t believe he will be here in 2024. I also said the Ravens shouldn’t and wouldn’t pick up Hollywood’s 5th year option and people laughed but here we are. Who knows , a lot can happen in two years. Just wouldn’t shock me to see this one go either way.
1. I don't think the Ravens would have hesitated to pick up Hollywood's option. It really wasn't their decision to deal him, and the 5th year option for him wouldn't have been that expensive anyway. They didn't pick up the option because they traded him before they had to. They didn't trade him because they didn't want to pay him next year.
2. Really don't see why the franchise tags are too expensive. If the Ravens think they're too expensive, then why are you signing him long term? His long term cap hits are going to be every bit as expensive, if not more-so. Not like you can sign a guy to a $45-50M AAV contract and not have years where he'll count at least that much.