• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
See, now I don't think he's bothered at all. I think he's happy to ride out whatever happens, and get paid a ton, until he gets what he wants - which I'm presuming to be the biggest contract in the NFL. Or, as jboy says, he gets traded and we get a ton of draft picks, and he gets the deal he wants from some other team. Hence, perhaps their leverage isn't neutral, they're just at an impasse because Lamar is holding all the cards.
Lamar wants more or believes he is worth more than what theyre trying to give him.. thats all it is imo.. at the same time both sides know that eventually a deal will get done so they dnt mind being patient. I just hope my boy dnt get injured

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
See, now I don't think he's bothered at all. I think he's happy to ride out whatever happens, and get paid a ton, until he gets what he wants - which I'm presuming to be the biggest contract in the NFL. Or, as jboy says, he gets traded and we get a ton of draft picks, and he gets the deal he wants from some other team. Hence, perhaps their leverage isn't neutral, they're just at an impasse because Lamar is holding all the cards.
At the moment, Lamar holds the bulk of the leverage. That exists as long as a) he maintains his health and doesn't suffer a long term injury and b) he continues to play at comparable levels to prior years.

The moment either of those things stops being true, the leverage situation changes.

IF it really is all about "winning" for Lamar, which I believe it partially is but obviously not entirely is, as long as he understands that every year he doesn't play on a long term deal, the chances of him winning significantly decrease, then I'm fine with any and all decisions he makes.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Being a Dodgers fan, this made me moist in my crevices

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
At the moment, Lamar holds the bulk of the leverage. That exists as long as a) he maintains his health and doesn't suffer a long term injury and b) he continues to play at comparable levels to prior years.

The moment either of those things stops being true, the leverage situation changes.

IF it really is all about "winning" for Lamar, which I believe it partially is but obviously not entirely is, as long as he understands that every year he doesn't play on a long term deal, the chances of him winning significantly decrease, then I'm fine with any and all decisions he makes.
Clearly what is obvious to you isn't obvious to me. Care to expound on your casual remark, if for nothing else, but, just for the sake of human posterity and progress?

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
6 years / $291 M

Makes it $48.5 M average, let's say $200 M in guarantees although I think whatever the deal is, Lamar will collect every single penny, so it's beside the point, really.

It would only be fair if the Ravens show how much they appreciate Lamar by offering something like this.

Certainly worth at least this much for a proven MVP (well on a way to another, with injury ravaged team) and a great leader, considering what serial sex deviant and an asshole who doesn't study the film are getting.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
6 years / $291 M

Makes it $48.5 M average, let's say $200 M in guarantees although I think whatever the deal is, Lamar will collect every single penny, so it's beside the point, really.

It would only be fair if the Ravens show how much they appreciate Lamar by offering something like this.

Certainly worth at least this much for a proven MVP (well on a way to another, with injury ravaged team) and a great leader, considering what serial sex deviant and an asshole who doesn't study the film are getting.
I hope he sign something like 5yr 250 or 245. he be 30 when deal over and if he progresses well, sign another crazy deal lol

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Jeff Darlinghton on Sportcenter this morning reporting Ravens “made best and final offer to Lamar”….He doesn’t anticipate Lamar accepting it

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Really not looking forward to a year of this shit. We may have control with the tag, but good look bringing in meaningful free agents if we can’t get cap relief on a long term deal.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
not sure I believe this, considering how tight lipped we have been.
Ravens getting frustrated? Perhaps leaking some info to show the fans “ we’re doing our part, it’s Lamar’s turn now”….. I think the organization, like fans, is getting frustrated. If we can get the deal done we free up cap room to add important depth pieces. With so many players coming back from serious injury I’m sure DeCosta is hell bent on making sure we don’t end up in the same situation as last year

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Clearly what is obvious to you isn't obvious to me. Care to expound on your casual remark, if for nothing else, but, just for the sake of human posterity and progress?
Well, if its all about "winning", why doesn't Lamar just sign a contract for like $20M a year? Or $15M? Or $10M? In aggregate, its close to generational wealth all the same. So why $40M? $45M? $50M?

Because its not all about winning. It's about both.

JAAM

Hall of Famer

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor

That seems like a reach to me when you add jacoby Jones , stallworth, and TJ hous your mama to the list of “ talent” we added for Joe. We also had Mason two years before drafting Flacco…… but i get the idea. Just remember this all stems from the dummies blowing Greg Roman , who’s offense undoubtedly scares away talented WR. People can’t admit that so they’ve convinced themselves we don’t need top talent at the position.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor

So I'm actually arguing with some of the guys on that very tweet. It's a very misleading and quite frankly stupid tweet. I'm not sure when people decided that the only place to get good players was FA, but when you use like 70% of your draft picks on day 1 and 2 over a four year period, and you draft four receivers and two TEs in the first three rounds, its probably not good roster management to spend money in FA on same.

Ignoring the fact that FA is generally a baron wasteland to find quality WRs.

Nurps

Ravens Ring of Honor
So I'm actually arguing with some of the guys on that very tweet. It's a very misleading and quite frankly stupid tweet. I'm not sure when people decided that the only place to get good players was FA, but when you use like 70% of your draft picks on day 1 and 2 over a four year period, and you draft four receivers and two TEs in the first three rounds, its probably not good roster management to spend money in FA on same.

You, argue? Im calling straight up bullshit.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor

He forgot the best one: Anquan Boldin