• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Disagree, its worth it. The Ravens long term model is an illusion of success, were one of the worst in terms of playoff efficiency/ success the last ten years.
Sure, but how about the 5 years before that? Or the 10 years before that?

Long term model is predicated on high-end QB play. We've basically had that for maybe 4 years of the last 10, at most.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
Don’t really have time to scroll through hundreds of posts, but did you hear what ESPN reported? Lamar and team are 100M guaranteed money away from a deal

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Don’t really have time to scroll through hundreds of posts, but did you hear what ESPN reported? Lamar and team are 100M guaranteed money away from a deal
fowlers a click bait artist. I don't buy this at all

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
fowlers a click bait artist. I don't buy this at all
Not hard to see where he came up with the $100M from.
Latest "reported" offer was $133M gtd for Lamar. Watson is getting $230M gtd.

He assumes the latest offer was accurate, and he assumes Lamar wants at least what Watson got.

Hence, the $100M. Hence it also being wrong, of course, but that's the "news" for ya in 2023.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
The Bills have no running game, no quality receivers behind Diggs, and an average Oline.
Who are the good weapons playing for the Chiefs this year? Do people really think MVS and Juju are like high-quality receivers in this league still? MVS has put up pedestrian numbers, in high passing volume offenses, his entire career, catching passes from 2 HOF QBs.

Like if the benchmark is " better than the Ravens WRs", cool. That's not the benchmark for anything. The Jets have more offensive talent at WR than the Chiefs do. As do plenty of other teams.

If Bateman, Duvernay, and Andrews were healthy, I'd take that trio over Kelce and literally any two WRs you want to pick off the Chiefs. And Mahomes would trade any two for those two in heart beat also. And Duvernay isn't special.
Naw.. id take juju kelce and toney over anything that involves duv.. kc dnt have great weapons and imo, they never did but no way id put duv on my team over anyone lol

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
Not hard to see where he came up with the $100M from.
Latest "reported" offer was $133M gtd for Lamar. Watson is getting $230M gtd.

He assumes the latest offer was accurate, and he assumes Lamar wants at least what Watson got.

Hence, the $100M. Hence it also being wrong, of course, but that's the "news" for ya in 2023.

It was literally also reported by ESPN. Very sorry for posting something from their website

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
You know what, now I know why I stopped caring about this thread. People are going to be biased so much either way that they’ll go after someone reporting something they saw from ESPN. It’s complete bullshit how things are but I guess that’s what we’ve come to

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
You know what, now I know why I stopped caring about this thread. People are going to be biased so much either way that they’ll go after someone reporting something they saw from ESPN. It’s complete bullshit how things are but I guess that’s what we’ve come to

All you have to do is "look into it" and you would understand what we are saying to you.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
can you blame us? ESPN is the CNN of sports

Thezone27

Ravens Ring of Honor
CBS sports, baby!!!

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Well my bad for not diving deep into ESPN related news

Lamar Jackson is one of the biggest names in the NFL and ESPN like any other sports news media knows this. I understand why you wouldn't look into it from ESPN because...well....its ESPN. There's an assumption there given the brand.

Naturally they are gong to try and talk about the contract situation as much as possible. Lamar Jackson news at this point is borderline click bait.

The report is based on an assumption made from another report that is an assumption

LMFAO

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Plus, realistically, when have the Ravens ever really been in the "high caliber FA market"? Like even if Lamar signs for $40M instead of $50M, they're still not going to be big spenders in FA most years. They'll focus on extending their own players, filling gaps in FA, and drafting. Basically what every team that has an expensive QB does.

exactly lol
show me who we're spending that money on in this free agency class...

30 year old Javon Hargrave?
Jakobi Meyers?
Marcus Davenport?
Jamel Dean?

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Lamar Jackson is one of the biggest names in the NFL and ESPN like any other sports news media knows this. I understand why you wouldn't look into it from ESPN because...well....its ESPN. There's an assumption there given the brand.

Naturally they are gong to try and talk about the contract situation as much as possible. Lamar Jackson news at this point is borderline click bait.

The report is based on an assumption made from another report that is an assumption

LMFAO

and the reason people are being short with him is that this is old lol

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
It was literally also reported by ESPN. Very sorry for posting something from their website
lol, right, because the guy works for ESPN. And his math came from two very massive assumptions.

A better writer would actually find out what the contract offer was and find out what the contract offer the player wants before writing a piece speculating on the gaps between the two.

But again, that's what modern "reporting" is. Make something up, hope it sticks.

Michael M.

Pro Bowler
Well to be fair, I'm no Daniel Jones fan, and I'm not convinced the Giants will keep him long term. But he's a franchise tag candidate this year, which means he'll make $31M or so. Possibly more if they give him a short term extension.

At that price tag, I'd be out on Jones. The Giants are well coached and "try hard", but they've got a decent chance of losing Wink in the next year or two, they need massive upgrades at pass catchers on the offense, and their defense is really pretty average. They're several rungs below the 49ers, Eagles, even Cowboys of the world in terms of contenders in the NFC.
They're a major regression candidate for me in 2023. The only benefit they have is how watered down the NFC is. I don't think they're really any better or worse than Pittsburgh was last year, but they had a softer schedule.
I'm no Jones fan either, and they may not keep him long term, but at least he gives them stability at the position and money to continue building the team.