• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
So if he wanted 140 guaranteed you’d say no?
Didn't they supposedly offer him 130-140 mill? And he supposedly turned it down. Thats not 100 percent guarantee.

Roquan got what 60 % fully guaranteed. I know its a different position but he is the leader now of the D.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Didn't they supposedly offer him 130-140 mill? And he supposedly turned it down. Thats not 100 percent guarantee.

Roquan got what 60 % fully guaranteed. I know its a different position but he is the leader now of the D.

You tell me, you’re the one who’s posted every single thing said about Lamar and the contract.

140. Yes or no.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
You tell me, you’re the one who’s posted every single thing said about Lamar and the contract.

140. Yes or no.
If they offered Lamar 200 million over 5 years with 140 million guaranteed, that would b 70 % guaranteed, 10 % over Roquan's
guaranteed money and that would be acceptable . Any higher no fucking way.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
If they offered Lamar 200 million over 5 years with 140 million guaranteed, that would b 70 % guaranteed, 10 % over Roquan's

Why wouldn’t you go higher? Bc Allen and Murray are higher currently and yet you’re hesitant to go past 140 guaranteed. I’m trying to understand why.

Forget the Watson deal for a second

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
Why wouldn’t you go higher? Bc Allen and Murray are higher currently and yet you’re hesitant to go past 140 guaranteed. I’m trying to understand why.

Forget the Watson deal for a second
Lamar has missed the last half of two straight seasons and has taken a lot of hits running the ball over 5 years . Hope that’s a good enough reason for you . Oh and he has missed multiple games due to sickness

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Lamar has missed the last half of two straight seasons and has taken a lot of hits running the ball over 5 years . Hope that’s a good enough reason for you . Oh and he has missed multiple games due to sickness

The last half? Last year we lost him in week 14 against the Browns. Does that sound like half the year to you?

When did he miss games for an illness?

Last edited:

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Giving Lamar a 100 % guaranteed contract would be the ruin of this franchise for many years.
I dnt think so.. its not like our team needs a complete over haul. Not too many teams right now have better young pieces than us.. not to mention, marlo, kyle, stanley, marcus williams, roquan and andrews are still in their 20s who we have signed.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
He didn't miss games with some recurring injuries. He got hit.
And he did not get hit running when that happened nor did he take á lot'of hits during his 5 years.

You really are full of shit, particularly when you say Lamar is your favourite player because every time that continues with 'but.......', followed by baseless or inaccurate 'facts'.

Last edited:

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
Hi didn't miss games with some recurring injuries. He got hit.
And he did not get hit running when that happened nor did he take á lot'of hits during his 5 years.

You really are full of shit, particularly when you say Lamar is your favourite player because every time that continues with 'but.......', followed by baseless or inaccurate 'facts'.
Get your Baltimore Ravens pacifiers . Free of charge

1675734761502.png

Last edited:

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
You wouldn’t take 5 1st rounders ? Your a fool
"You're a fool"? Why am I a fool? I don't think 5 first-rounders are going to be offered in the first place and if it is, then I'd happily decline to trade a transcendent talent that we won't get in 5 or 10 years, no matter where we pick.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
So you think Lamar is signing for $40M a year and $140M gtd? No chance. I'm no fan of people who think they should pay him whatever he wants, but there isn't anything about those numbers that make sense. Paying him less than Wilson and Murray. And less than 38 year old Aaron Rodgers.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
"You're a fool"? Why am I a fool? I don't think 5 first-rounders are going to be offered in the first place and if it is, then I'd happily decline to trade a transcendent talent that we won't get in 5 or 10 years, no matter where we pick.
Strongly disagree with the latter part. Mostly because a) we got Lamar without that haul of picks and b) there's been several QBs drafted since Lamar that teams absolutely can win with, and even a few that I would trade Lamar straight up to get over him.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
I dnt think so.. its not like our team needs a complete over haul. Not too many teams right now have better young pieces than us.. not to mention, marlo, kyle, stanley, marcus williams, roquan and andrews are still in their 20s who we have signed.
True, but I was told Lamar needs several stud weapons to succeed, so you need to find a way to get those guys. And I was also told they need to be "proven" talent also, not just draft picks.

And a lot of the guys you listed haven't even gotten expensive yet.

The argument isn't that this roster can't win. The argument is that this roster hasn't won with Lamar, and now our "solution" is to paid Lamar at least double what he made last year. And what impact that's going to have on the offense and the roster.

Keep in mind we're going to lose some players this offseason. Most replaceable, but that's at least high quality depth or mid-tier starters that are almost certainly going to get replaced by very cheap depth that isn't as good.

Thezone27

Ravens Ring of Honor
True, but I was told Lamar needs several stud weapons to succeed, so you need to find a way to get those guys. And I was also told they need to be "proven" talent also, not just draft picks.

And a lot of the guys you listed haven't even gotten expensive yet.

The argument isn't that this roster can't win. The argument is that this roster hasn't won with Lamar, and now our "solution" is to paid Lamar at least double what he made last year. And what impact that's going to have on the offense and the roster.

Keep in mind we're going to lose some players this offseason. Most replaceable, but that's at least high quality depth or mid-tier starters that are almost certainly going to get replaced by very cheap depth that isn't as good.
sad bu true.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
So you think Lamar is signing for $40M a year and $140M gtd? No chance. I'm no fan of people who think they should pay him whatever he wants, but there isn't anything about those numbers that make sense. Paying him less than Wilson and Murray. And less than 38 year old Aaron Rodgers.
It was a hypothetical. I would not give Lamar any more than 60-70 percent fully guaranteed money . Period. Let him walk and give him a couple of these on his way to Atlanta :

Great Ravens pacifiers .

Attachments

• 1675773706187.png
    1675773706187.png
    63.1 KB · Views: 37