• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

I guess our opinions differ but if you look at the scores it does matter to me. Obviously, I don't nitpick, but it seems to be 25 is a baseline. If you look at the modern evolution of defenses mental strength to make adjustments and reads matters more now than ever. It's a hard thing to find but from my limited research, no qb has won the Superbowl with a score lower than 20 dating back to Bradshaw. Although this is most likely just a coincidence, some of the most famous big game qbs who were never able to win it all had scores below 20. Jim Kelly, Marino and McNab interestingly enough. Lamar will surely be an above average regular season guy, but what scares me is when he declines athletics decline and he has to go play against Bill up in Fox. Of course, I hope he succeeds, and he surely will sell tickets, but he will really have to excel for me to love the pick.
Because winning a SB falls only on the QB and not the team around them

Is the man not allowed to go out and have fun? Or must his fun be only wholsome and innocent involving puppies or games of golf?
It’s nice to have fun but he’s hanging around a guy that raps about guns and drugs idk if he’s the best influence in his life.

Tank

Hall of Famer
are you kidding me?
Actually there’s an indirect point to be made there. The reason he and the group of other rookies were in Cali was to attend the NFLPA Rookie Premiere where they are supposed to “learn about the business of football, secure endorsements”, etc.. https://www.nflpa.com/players/news/...a-rookie-premiere-presented-by-panini-america
Doesn’t seem like the brightest move to make yourself TMZ fodder while attending an event to promote and market your personal brand.

Actually there’s an indirect point to be made there. The reason he and the group of other rookies were in Cali was to attend the NFLPA Rookie Premiere where they are supposed to “learn about the business of football, secure endorsements”, etc.. https://www.nflpa.com/players/news/...a-rookie-premiere-presented-by-panini-america
Doesn’t seem like the brightest move to make yourself TMZ fodder while attending an event to promote and market your personal brand.
I didn’t see any other rookies other than Jackson and Ridley at the club. Or am I missing something?

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
it isnt unfounded to have concern over something like this, rappers in general have a stigma around them and for good reason, the entire rap genre is one thats been plagued with crime, a good number of them funded their earliest projects with drug money, it seems another rapper is shot every month, many are going to jail for various reasons, etc.

while im not a fan of lil uzi vert, nothing about him shouts troublemaker, the boi fruity af, and fucking weird in general, but his music persona seems to be made up. this guy isnt out there making waves by running his dumbass mouth like a tekashithead69, hes not getting jumped repeatedly while making songs about stuffing drugs up miley cyrus' butt like stitches, hes not getting arrested like a meek or gucci, hes been lowkey outside of just making his rounds. for instance, i hated lil yachty, until i saw an interview of his, and a few more, and if lamar jackson was spotted hanging out with him id applaud it because lil yachty is a goddamn stand up young man lol.

if he was seen partying with juicy j or young jeezy or gucci, id definitely be concerned lol, if he was seen partying with joe budden it would be unforgivable, lil uzi vert though? im neutral, no real thoughts on it at all.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Yall lucky kodak in jail otherwise he would be with Alot. They grew up on the same block together. I cant wait till they start hanging out and see the crazy comments yall make about it

redrum52

Hall of Famer
it isnt unfounded to have concern over something like this, rappers in general have a stigma around them and for good reason, the entire rap genre is one thats been plagued with crime, a good number of them funded their earliest projects with drug money, it seems another rapper is shot every month, many are going to jail for various reasons, etc.

while im not a fan of lil uzi vert, nothing about him shouts troublemaker, the boi fruity af, and fucking weird in general, but his music persona seems to be made up. this guy isnt out there making waves by running his dumbass mouth like a tekashithead69, hes not getting jumped repeatedly while making songs about stuffing drugs up miley cyrus' butt like stitches, hes not getting arrested like a meek or gucci, hes been lowkey outside of just making his rounds. for instance, i hated lil yachty, until i saw an interview of his, and a few more, and if lamar jackson was spotted hanging out with him id applaud it because lil yachty is a goddamn stand up young man lol.

if he was seen partying with juicy j or young jeezy or gucci, id definitely be concerned lol, if he was seen partying with joe budden it would be unforgivable, lil uzi vert though? im neutral, no real thoughts on it at all.

LMAO... why do so many people hate budden?

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Bah. TMZ is on their asses wherever they go.
20-something year old kids like rap and night clubs. No fights, no drugs, no too much drinking - where's the story here?

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
As long as he isn't getting into trouble, this isn't a problem. And it sounds like he isn't, unless you consider him wearing the wrong shoes to be getting in trouble.