• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Yeah, because he gets the same contract without having to make a fake trade demand.

Only these barbershop clowns out here thinking these women are out here tearing down glass ceilings of things they ain't got nothing to do with.

Funniest part to me is...Kyrie's deal kind of sucks. Like it ain't close to the max for that slot. Not a real good performance from a "momma agent" that Kyrie, would would have been one of the best, if not the best, FA to hit the market, couldn't even get a 3 year max deal. It's well below what the Mavs could have offered, and a good bit below max offers he could have gotten in FA.

But yeah, they out here being "revolutionary"... riiiiiiight...

Real homies know.

We all know why Kyrie didn't get more

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
We all know why Kyrie didn't get more
Well yeah, because he's literally a cancerous tumor that destroys practically everything he touches. And has done so for a long time now.

And yet still easily one of the 10 most talented players in the NBA, routinely gets max deals, and yet we're going to fake pretend like his mom is now the new evolution of NBA agents? LOL.

Yeah, that's the fakest shit I've heard in a long time.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Yeah, because he gets the same contract without having to make a fake trade demand.

Only these barbershop clowns out here thinking these women are out here tearing down glass ceilings of things they ain't got nothing to do with.

Funniest part to me is...Kyrie's deal kind of sucks. Like it ain't close to the max for that slot. Not a real good performance from a "momma agent" that Kyrie, would would have been one of the best, if not the best, FA to hit the market, couldn't even get a 3 year max deal. It's well below what the Mavs could have offered, and a good bit below max offers he could have gotten in FA.

But yeah, they out here being "revolutionary"... riiiiiiight...

Real homies know.
For a guy that thinks the earth is flat hasnt played more than 60 games in like 5yrs… thats a pretty good contract

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Well yeah, because he's literally a cancerous tumor that destroys practically everything he touches. And has done so for a long time now.

And yet still easily one of the 10 most talented players in the NBA, routinely gets max deals, and yet we're going to fake pretend like his mom is now the new evolution of NBA agents? LOL.

Yeah, that's the fakest shit I've heard in a long time.
Nobody thinks she did anything revolutionary lmao. Some just happy that they went against the grain and got some shit done..i like the fact that they showed all the how to book reading dummy scholars that you dnt have to have a phd to negotiate some simple shit.. if nba contracts are so easy to negotiate… why is it a bad look to hire your relative to get that free agent fee?

Last edited:

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Nobody thinks she did anything revolutionary lmao. Some just happy that they went against the grain and got some shit done..i like the fact that they showed all the how to book reading dummy scholars that you dnt have to have a phd to negotiate some simple shit.. if nba contracts are so easy to negotiate… why is it a bad look to hire your relative to get that free agent fee?
Its not. But why didn't he do it ten years ago?
It doesn't matter that she's female. And it doesn't matter that she's black either. She didn't do anything special at all.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Its not. But why didn't he do it ten years ago?
It doesn't matter that she's female. And it doesn't matter that she's black either. She didn't do anything special at all.
He didnt do it 10yrs ago cause maybe he wasnt thinking about it. Couldve been that lamar and his mom gave him the idea..

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Irving signed his mom as his agent in 2022.. lamar mom has been his agent since 2018
Yeah except nobody cared about Lamar's mom until it was time for him to get a new contract. What value was his mom adding in 2019, 2020, etc.?

Also, Lamar's mom isn't an agent. She isn't certified as one by literally anybody, and neither the NFL or NFLPA identify her as one.

Kyrie's stepmother is an actual certified agent with the NBA/NBAPA.

If Lamar's mom tried to "represent" other NFL players, she would need an entire team of lawyers to handle the rapid lawsuits she'd be facing from both the NFL and PA.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Yeah except nobody cared about Lamar's mom until it was time for him to get a new contract. What value was his mom adding in 2019, 2020, etc.?

Also, Lamar's mom isn't an agent. She isn't certified as one by literally anybody, and neither the NFL or NFLPA identify her as one.

Kyrie's stepmother is an actual certified agent with the NBA/NBAPA.

If Lamar's mom tried to "represent" other NFL players, she would need an entire team of lawyers to handle the rapid lawsuits she'd be facing from both the NFL and PA.
People cared about his mom being his agent long before his new contract and thats why it frequently came up.. you do realize that its his mom right? So asking what kinda value was she adding in 2019 and 2020 is a bit a wild. Dam she isnt a certified agent? another reason why people shouldnt be acting like agents need some kinda special education for that shit. It also makes it even better that she isnt certified yet still possibly inspired kyrie to hire his mom.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
People cared about his mom being his agent long before his new contract and thats why it frequently came up.. you do realize that its his mom right? So asking what kinda value was she adding in 2019 and 2020 is a bit a wild. Dam she isnt a certified agent? another reason why people shouldnt be acting like agents need some kinda special education for that shit. It also makes it even better that she isnt certified yet still possibly inspired kyrie to hire his mom.
lol no they didn't. Lamar's mom being his "agent" means he didn't have an agent. That's what the topic of conversation was. Nobody cared until at least 2021, because there's nothing any party could literally do until 2021 to have any meaningful contract impact.

It has less to do with agents needing special certification, and more to do with the fact that your "mom" acting as an "agent" is mostly just for "optics". It's just to give the public the false perception that they're more important than they really are.

I think you're quite literally the only person on the planet who thinks Lamar's mom has any impact on Kyrie's step mom. Kyrie's stepmom already had a career before becoming an agent. And she actually went through the process of certifying, which means apparently even she thinks its kind of an important thing to do.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
lol no they didn't. Lamar's mom being his "agent" means he didn't have an agent. That's what the topic of conversation was. Nobody cared until at least 2021, because there's nothing any party could literally do until 2021 to have any meaningful contract impact.

It has less to do with agents needing special certification, and more to do with the fact that your "mom" acting as an "agent" is mostly just for "optics". It's just to give the public the false perception that they're more important than they really are.

I think you're quite literally the only person on the planet who thinks Lamar's mom has any impact on Kyrie's step mom. Kyrie's stepmom already had a career before becoming an agent. And she actually went through the process of certifying, which means apparently even she thinks its kind of an important thing to do.
i never said anything about her career lol or what she was doing before lol.. he literally hired his mom as his agent in 2022. Why in 2022 when she already had a career doing this?Never ever said that lamar mom inspired her to be an agent lol. Just said that its a possibility that it gave kyrie irving the idea to hire his mom since lamar did it..

Why didnt lamar have an agent? Its not that he couldnt find one! Its cause he had and wanted his mom to represent him.. lamar mom representing him was the topic of conversation!!! Everyone knew this from the start, long before 2021..

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
i never said anything about her career lol or what she was doing before lol.. he literally hired his mom as his agent in 2022. Why in 2022 when she already had a career doing this?Never ever said that lamar mom inspired her to be an agent lol. Just said that its a possibility that it gave kyrie irving the idea to hire his mom since lamar did it..

Why didnt lamar have an agent? Its not that he couldnt find one! Its cause he had and wanted his mom to represent him.. lamar mom representing him was the topic of conversation!!! Everyone knew this from the start, long before 2021..
No, its because he wanted to represent himself, not pay an agent, and just assigned his mom to do whatever the fuck it was that she did. Likely so she gets a cut of the contract, which he could have just given to her anyway. Pretty clear indication from a lot of reports that nobody was really taking his mom seriously as like an actual "negotiator" or agent.

Why did Kyrie pick his stepmom? Fuck if I know. Highly doubt its to "keep it in the family". She's only like the 4th agent he's had. He goes through them like he goes through conspiracy theories.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
"Why are people in the sports industry so adamantly against athletes representing themselves without acquiring an agent?" Must be ruffling the feathers of a good ole boys club. Smh! Personally, I love seeing that more and more people are going against the grain and taking control of their own financial destiny. As an entrepreneur myself, I could never see myself giving my money to someone just to talk on my behalf (unless it is my lawyer lol). I know my own value and worth (based on my market and expertise) and can speak for myself. The reality (at least mine) is that no one can speak for me better than me or represent me better than me; no one! So, I appreciate cats like Lamar and Roquan and others that represent themselves. I love it and want to see more athletes do the same. Those who "want" an agent, good for them. And, for those who don't "want" or those that don't feel that they "need" an agent, good for them. Hate on that all you want but deals are being done without them. It's the American way!

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
"Why are people in the sports industry so adamantly against athletes representing themselves without acquiring an agent?" Must be ruffling the feathers of a good ole boys club. Smh! Personally, I love seeing that more and more people are going against the grain and taking control of their own financial destiny. As an entrepreneur myself, I could never see myself giving my money to someone just to talk on my behalf (unless it is my lawyer lol). I know my own value and worth (based on my market and expertise) and can speak for myself. The reality (at least mine) is that no one can speak for me better than me or represent me better than me; no one! So, I appreciate cats like Lamar and Roquan and others that represent themselves. I love it and want to see more athletes do the same. Those who "want" an agent, good for them. And, for those who don't "want" or those that don't feel that they "need" an agent, good for them. Hate on that all you want but deals are being done without them. It's the American way!
Well, there's multiple layers to this:
1. Why do NFL teams want players to have agents? Well, generally speaking, they're exponentially easier to deal with. Players are easily offended, easily emotional, and in many cases, wildly less intelligent when it comes to $. Like all you have to do is research the how quickly the average NFL player pisses through their entire career income, and you'll quickly realize these aren't the type of people who we should be encouraging to be MORE active in their $ choices. Less is more in their cases.
Agents are less emotional, have developed relationships with players, executives, teams, etc. through experience in negotiations, and oftentimes are the bridge between fantasy and reality.

2. Why do fans want players to have agents? Because agents get shit done. They get it done quicker, and oftentimes, they do it a lot quieter too.
It's in fans interest for players to get signed quicker, and for the least amount of $ possible, so that the teams can spend more $ on other players. A three year negotiation with a franchise player so that they can get 10% more than they would have years earlier, doesn't benefit the fan in any way. Players making more $ doesn't mean the fans make more $, it doesn't mean ticket prices are cheaper, etc. It doesn't even mean the team is better. It just means, literally, players make more $.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
And I mean lets call it what it really is... its mostly a "race thing".
If we were talking about Tom Brady being his own agent, nobody would be surprised or care.

With people like Lamar and Kyrie, its about a star black athlete trying to prove that he doesn't need a white guy (which is what most agents are) to negotiate for him, handle his contracts, etc.