• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

GodIsGreat

Veteran
Watching the all 22, there no excuse, spags is the same defensive coordinator that won against 19-0 pats, the chiefs have a comparable defense with better talent, they just simply contained and played disciplined football not leaving a lot of gaps for jackson to run even though it appeared that way, their d line was constantly getting pressure, and they were glue to every receiving wrs most of the time, nor did they respect the play action because the ravens didn't want to run the ball, they were simply the better team, and that's the difference in coaching one was dancing after the divisional. the other didn't stay locked in and it showed.

Monken relys too much on broken plays, with jackson improvising playing within strutcutre work most of the time in the playoffs

Harbaugh what was that gameplan, the best cb duo in the league, best corner in the league another top 10 one and they passed, changing the team idenity that made the ravens the #1 seed is on coaching

Lamar needs to get better at taking the checkdown, and throwing the ball away.

I think he’s getting a little overhyped, we’ll see, baker also threw the most TDs ever for a rookie until herbert broke it. Stroud never got to the redzone against us all year
Too soon to tell if he is overhyped. I think he’s legit, but winning championships is about more than just the QB. The Texans are a good team right now, and maybe a couple of players away from being a very good team. As for the game against us there were a few seasoned vet QB’s who struggled against our, D so I wouldn’t think any less of Stroud because of that game.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Watching the all 22, there no excuse, spags is the same defensive coordinator that won against 19-0 pats, the chiefs have a comparable defense with better talent, they just simply contained and played disciplined football not leaving a lot of gaps for jackson to run even though it appeared that way, their d line was constantly getting pressure, and they were glue to every receiving wrs most of the time, nor did they respect the play action because the ravens didn't want to run the ball, they were simply the better team, and that's the difference in coaching one was dancing after the divisional. the other didn't stay locked in and it showed.

Monken relys too much on broken plays, with jackson improvising playing within strutcutre work most of the time in the playoffs

Harbaugh what was that gameplan, the best cb duo in the league, best corner in the league another top 10 one and they passed, changing the team idenity that made the ravens the #1 seed is on coaching

Lamar needs to get better at taking the checkdown, and throwing the ball away.

If we are going to rely on broken plays then we are always going to look very inconsistent as an offense.

It's crazy to say but I can still see Lamar being even better. The easy stuff. If I could get him to focus on one thing this offseason to take into next it would be to take the easy stuff not feel like he needs to be super man (hell the TD is Zay was him going crazy in the backfield) <--- We can't expect him to do that, carry the ball 11-17 times, and throw the ball well.

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler
This right here. He just flat out didn't do it solely with his arm against the Chiefs. I know everybody wants to get on the o-line but he was holding that ball and backpedalling too much and not doing what he does best and thats too run which eventually will open up the throwing lanes. I think he was trying to do too damn much (my opinion) with his arm to PROVE he could do it and it was all cuz of damn talk!!
THIS, right here!

Any running at all from him would have changed their coverage. And by trying to pass every play it became obvious to them and to us watching that he thought he could do more with a pass than his feet. I hope he learned that isn't the case.

He's unique because of his running and his great arm. I don't think he realizes he's a package deal and that one isn't as effective without the other. He was almost literally only half as good as usual and that's because he only used half his skills.

Tank

Hall of Famer
THIS, right here!

Any running at all from him would have changed their coverage. And by trying to pass every play it became obvious to them and to us watching that he thought he could do more with a pass than his feet. I hope he learned that isn't the case.

He's unique because of his running and his great arm. I don't think he realizes he's a package deal and that one isn't as effective without the other. He was almost literally only half as good as usual and that's because he only used half his skills.
Without his ability to run he’s not our starting QB. It’s an integral part of his game.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
You know what stood out to me in that video?

Hill missed alot of key blocks. Christ.

I'll say it again. Lamar having to carry this run game while passing effectively is a bit much. He threw for 272 and ran for 54 on 8 carries.

Asking him to run the rock 15 plus times and throw it 30 times is insane to me.

He had a few opportunities I think he could have taken but overall the Chiefs did a great job and stayed disciplined. Nobody can explain to me why Isiah Pacheco had more carries than Gus and Hill combined.

I'll do you one better. Add Lamars 8 carries and Pacheco still had more attempts.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer

I'll say it again. Lamar having to carry this run game while passing effectively is a bit much. He threw for 272 and ran for 54 on 8 carries.

He had a few opportunities I think he could have taken but overall the Chiefs did a great job and stayed disciplined. Nobody can explain to me why Isiah Pacheco had more carries than Gus and Hill combined.

I'll do you one better. Add Lamars 8 carries and Pacheco still had more attempts.
To me, I was wondering why Hill even started the game. Was Gus hurt or something? To your point about "Nobody can explain to me why Isiah Pacheco had more carries than Gus and Hill combined," it's rather simple: coaching malpractice. It's absolutely inexcusable ESPECIALLY with how shit our offense looked in the first half the week prior against the Texans.

If we had played the game to our strengths and still lost by, say, 3 or 7, I could stomach the loss a bit better because the Chiefs would've made one more play than we did. But to lose by going completely away from what got us to this point is just............I don't even know what to say.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
To me, I was wondering why Hill even started the game. Was Gus hurt or something? To your point about "Nobody can explain to me why Isiah Pacheco had more carries than Gus and Hill combined," it's rather simple: coaching malpractice. It's absolutely inexcusable ESPECIALLY with how shit our offense looked in the first half the week prior against the Texans.

If we had played the game to our strengths and still lost by, say, 3 or 7, I could stomach the loss a bit better because the Chiefs would've made one more play than we did. But to lose by going completely away from what got us to this point is just............I don't even know what to say.
I find it odd that after every playoff loss we’re asking if our current rb1 was hurt

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor

Lamar and Josh Allen have to do this to win, Burrow does not, it’s why those two are 2 and 3 to me

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor

And for the record, we moved the ball well without running the ball.

The execution was poor and that fumble in the end zone killed them.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
If we are going to rely on broken plays then we are always going to look very inconsistent as an offense.

It's crazy to say but I can still see Lamar being even better. The easy stuff. If I could get him to focus on one thing this offseason to take into next it would be to take the easy stuff not feel like he needs to be super man (hell the TD is Zay was him going crazy in the backfield) <--- We can't expect him to do that, carry the ball 11-17 times, and throw the ball well.

need to see a big step from monken in year 2 with this passing game
lots of short stuff that wasnt working and talked about getting guys into space but then didnt consistently achieve that within the scheme

rossihunter2

Staff Member

i do think that the biggest upgrade we can make outside of better OT play, is finding a consistent and/or explosive non-lamar based running game...

the few weeks with keaton and this offence looked unstoppable - biggest thing we can do is find someone who can challenge the edge contain and beat the LBs to the edge... opens up so much more inside between the tackles if contain is an actual challenge

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
i do think that the biggest upgrade we can make outside of better OT play, is finding a consistent and/or explosive non-lamar based running game...

the few weeks with keaton and this offence looked unstoppable - biggest thing we can do is find someone who can challenge the edge contain and beat the LBs to the edge... opens up so much more inside between the tackles if contain is an actual challenge

All Lamar really needs is a run game that does not always rely on his legs.

Lamar being out there IS the threat, so the RB's need to take advantage. It's similar to Josh Allen honestly.

Lamar is one more monster year away from passing Mike Vick as the all time rush leader which is insane