• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Bateman is becoming another Perriman out there, seems like something bad always happens and he’s never on the same page as Lamar

And it appears it's only him with this issue which is concerning. He showed so much promise

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler
We need Lamar to be Lamar, he needs to stop letting the outside noise get to him. He's so determined to prove he can pass, he stops being what makes him Lamar. His absolute refusal to run for an easy first, or an easy 5-7 yards is not him. Seeing Mahomes without hesitation run for an easy first was frustrating when Lamar hesitated to do that.

It just wasn't the AFC Championship game, multiple times in the regular season Lamar had easy yards using his legs but refused. Then what would happen? He'd stand there and end up taking a sack and it would be a loss of yards instead. We probably won't know this but some people speculated Lamar audibled out of run plays in the AFC Championship game which was why we passed so much and got away from the run. I know we want him to have freedom to change the plays but if he's getting away from the run game... that's a problem.
That bolded part is what I want to know more about too. But I doubt we will ever know.

What worries me is teams that don't bend to us like Pittsburgh twice this year, Cleveland, and even the Colts had some backbone and put up a fight. The Chefs definitely came into the AFC Championship with a giant chip on their shoulder and weren't going to be pushed around. We play poorly against such teams and that isn't unique to this season. The OFF disappears when given stiff competition. The whole game call looks off and lost when that happens.

Tank

Hall of Famer
That bolded part is what I want to know more about too. But I doubt we will ever know.

What worries me is teams that don't bend to us like Pittsburgh twice this year, Cleveland, and even the Colts had some backbone and put up a fight. The Chefs definitely came into the AFC Championship with a giant chip on their shoulder and weren't going to be pushed around. We play poorly against such teams and that isn't unique to this season. The OFF disappears when given stiff competition. The whole game call looks off and lost when that happens.
Seems in the last 5 or 6 years when faced with those situations some of our offensive players get the disease that is dreaded by sportsmen worldwide, titus assholeass. :-1:

GodIsGreat

Veteran
At least every year lamar been in the playoffs he's been improving so i guess it is just experience

Sandtown

Pro Bowler
Bateman is becoming another Perriman out there, seems like something bad always happens and he’s never on the same page as Lamar

Maybe I'm missing something but I don't get the Bateman and Perriman comparison at all. Him and Lamar need to be on the same page more but that probably comes with the them working out more during the offseason as that probably wasn't possible last year given that Bateman was recovering from a injury . It honestly didn't look at times that Lamar was on the same page with Odell Beckham either but the more he evolves as passer he probably will be more in sync with Bateman and others

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Espn segment had no one picking Lamar as next qb to win their first super bowl, everyone picked burrow and love
Probably because Love is in a weak NFC (that I hope gets stronger) and Burrow is just the bitch golden boy

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
Probably because Love is in a weak NFC (that I hope gets stronger) and Burrow is just the bitch golden boy
Yea, I don’t understand why people act like he’s so great in the playoffs, he’s never had a 4TD game like Lamar has and he’s never played as well as Josh Allen has. He’s lucky Huntley gifted him that wild card game because the narrative is how he got to a championship game after the super bowl, everyone forgets how gifted that game was.

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler
Espn segment had no one picking Lamar as next qb to win their first super bowl, everyone picked burrow and love

I think we get it by now that the sports news organizations don't and won't respect Lamar until he wins it and will beat him up - deservedly so to some extent - until he does.

I hate Burrow and Dak. Mahommes gets respect, but he's a douchenozzle too. ;)

I think we get it by now that the sports news organizations don't and won't respect Lamar until he wins it and will beat him up - deservedly so to some extent - until he does.

I hate Burrow and Dak. Mahommes gets respect, but he's a douchenozzle too. ;)
Dunno about that, its sportswriters who vote for the MVP and hes won it twice. I think the criticism of Lamar in the post season is valid and it's reasonable for that to continue until he wins it all if he wants to be considered one of the greats. Not saying he cost us the game but he definitely didnt win it.

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler
Dunno about that, its sportswriters who vote for the MVP and hes won it twice. I think the criticism of Lamar in the post season is valid and it's reasonable for that to continue until he wins it all if he wants to be considered one of the greats. Not saying he cost us the game but he definitely didnt win it.
True enough.

I guess it's a big brush I used to paint there, but there are going to be those who are unconvinced and who will continue to be detractors - which is a loud group (maybe making it seem larger than it is...) - until he does something to convince them... which is to win it all. And then, still, they probably say something like it took him long enough. But this is a huge hurdle for him and with mounting pressure each time he doesn't "do it."

redrum52

Hall of Famer
He doesn't even necessarily have to win it all but he has 6 games and only 1 good performance. He can't be part of the reason we're losing.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
He doesn't even necessarily have to win it all but he has 6 games and only 1 good performance. He can't be part of the reason we're losing.
EXACTLY THIS! And he REALLY needs to stop letting the outside noise affect him in a negative way. There will ALWAYS be folks who will call him a RB aka LamaRB or "take away his running ability and he ain't all that." God gave him that running ability that makes him unique. Fuck the outsiders, we shouldn't need their validation anyways.

We just want #8 to fulfill his SB promise to us and the organization................but he has to get over this specific hump. He still has time to right the wrongs but still.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
EXACTLY THIS! And he REALLY needs to stop letting the outside noise affect him in a negative way. There will ALWAYS be folks who will call him a RB aka LamaRB or "take away his running ability and he ain't all that." God gave him that running ability that makes him unique. Fuck the outsiders, we shouldn't need their validation anyways.

We just want #8 to fulfill his SB promise to us and the organization................but he has to get over this specific hump. He still has time to right the wrongs but still.
This right here. He just flat out didn't do it solely with his arm against the Chiefs. I know everybody wants to get on the o-line but he was holding that ball and backpedalling too much and not doing what he does best and thats too run which eventually will open up the throwing lanes. I think he was trying to do too damn much (my opinion) with his arm to PROVE he could do it and it was all cuz of damn talk!!