• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

ozraven

Practice Squad
No I was in South Carolina at a bar for that one. What had me nervous was that it was the first game I started drinking again since our win streak. I was starting to think I jinxed them.
Drinking helps carm the nerves of the tight ravens games ha. God bless the ravens and god bless alcohol!

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
Of we lose than so be it. At least we knocked out Pittsburg lol. I really really just dont wanna lose to the Pats if we play them. I want to crush them

I feel the same way. Plus, if we're gonna lose then I've always had respect for the Chargers (aside from their shit owner). It just feels great to be back in the playoffs so win or lose, this has been a satisfying season already. Don't get me wrong: I'll still be pissed if we lose, but I'll be able to get over it more quickly than the past couple of seasons.

jboy19

Pro Bowler
I don’t have a good feeling either.

I haven’t felt good about a game since tampa

There is encouragement in the fact that it's a west coast team playing a 1:00 game. Historically, its a somewhat hard obstacle to overcome.

Plus the thing that Lamar possibly does best is keeping the opposing defense on the field and wearing them down while the Ravens defense gets a lot of time to rest. I don't think it's a coincidence that the Ravens defense has played better since Lamar took over.

The team got it done in LA, so it should be easier to do it (1) on the east coast, (2) earlier in the day, and (3) without being on a short(er) week.

That being said, it's really hard to beat a team twice in the NFL. Marty/Roman are going to have to throw a couple new wrinkles into the gameplan and the offense is going to have to execute well, but there is definitely a path to victory.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
There is encouragement in the fact that it's a west coast team playing a 1:00 game. Historically, its a somewhat hard obstacle to overcome.

Plus the thing that Lamar possibly does best is keeping the opposing defense on the field and wearing them down while the Ravens defense gets a lot of time to rest. I don't think it's a coincidence that the Ravens defense has played better since Lamar took over.

The team got it done in LA, so it should be easier to do it (1) on the east coast, (2) earlier in the day, and (3) without being on a short(er) week.

That being said, it's really hard to beat a team twice in the NFL. Marty/Roman are going to have to throw a couple new wrinkles into the gameplan and the offense is going to have to execute well, but there is definitely a path to victory.
I don't know what to think about the outcome of this one.

Chargers are pretty good team. They'll have Allen and Gordon healthier than in the first game. Their D is very good and has seen what the Ravens are about and will make additional adjustments. They are going to be tough to beat second time in quick succession.

On the other hand, we should be confident after the last seven games. D line has to win the game by stopping Gordon and putting pressure on Rivers again. To be able to do that, our secondary has to show up, after being MIA vs Cleveland. Lamar and the offense will do what they do and hopefully turn more 3s into 6s.

Maybe the elements and home field will be enough of the advantage to get the job done but it's going to be real hard.

Tank

Hall of Famer
I don't know what to think about the outcome of this one.

Chargers are pretty good team. They'll have Allen and Gordon healthier than in the first game. Their D is very good and has seen what the Ravens are about and will make additional adjustments. They are going to be tough to beat second time in quick succession.

On the other hand, we should be confident after the last seven games. D line has to win the game by stopping Gordon and putting pressure on Rivers again. To be able to do that, our secondary has to show up, after being MIA vs Cleveland. Lamar and the offense will do what they do and hopefully turn more 3s into 6s.

Maybe the elements and home field will be enough of the advantage to get the job done but it's going to be real hard.
Sunny, low 50s predicted in Baltimore Sunday
I think the secondary will be fine if the D line can get pressure on Rivers. He should be easier to track down than Baker.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
I feel the same way. Plus, if we're gonna lose then I've always had respect for the Chargers (aside from their shit owner). It just feels great to be back in the playoffs so win or lose, this has been a satisfying season already. Don't get me wrong: I'll still be pissed if we lose, but I'll be able to get over it more quickly than the past couple of seasons.
Right there with you on everything. As long as the refs don't become a deciding factor, there's basically no way for me to get upset even if we lose a nail biter.

I can't put it into words on how elated I am to be back in the playoffs (AND we won the division too!). Like every team in the league, we have some glaring needs to address and I don't think this team is good enough to win it all. Though I will say that the playoffs are a different beast and anything can happen so who knows. Since I have nothing against the Bolts, this is going to be the first playoff game where I can watch it relaxed. Gosh....imagine saying that shit.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer

Right there with you on everything. As long as the refs don't become a deciding factor, there's basically no way for me to get upset even if we lose a nail biter.

I can't put it into words on how elated I am to be back in the playoffs (AND we won the division too!). Like every team in the league, we have some glaring needs to address and I don't think this team is good enough to win it all. Though I will say that the playoffs are a different beast and anything can happen so who knows. Since I have nothing against the Bolts, this is going to be the first playoff game where I can watch it relaxed. Gosh....imagine saying that shit.

I'm with @rossihunter2 on this one and hope our players don't feel the same way.
Fuck relaxing now - this is why they play and we watch.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

the players we have and system we operate are undoubtedly superbowl worthy - we've got as much talent all over this team right now as pretty much anyone in the AFC

im not saying we are the best team, nor that we will even make it but this team is definitely good enough to win the whole tournament

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
The Ravens and especially Lamar Jackson are playing with house money. Nobody expected this to happen except a few so I say bet big and win big!