• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
another snippet from the article: ravens had baker mayfield as the number 1 qb but a month or so before the draft realised he would not be available when they were picking - lamar was clearly the leader in the clubhouse after that - sounds like he was their 2nd qb on the board but they also knew they could get him after the 16th/17th pick (or whatever it was we had that year)
That draft class for us may end up doing very well

Tank

Hall of Famer
The Ravens have never placed such an emphasis and effort into offensive planning, personnel and scheme. Hope it pans out and Lamar becomes the one that can help make it work.

purp

Practice Squad
How long is excitement going to be enough if we don't win? I really hope Lamar is the answer. How much time is everyone willing to give him?

When I talk about “not boring” I don’t necessarily mean that it will be positive “not boring.” I don’t see a Joe Flacco situation where every single game you have no idea what you’re going to get. Lamar will either progress steadily or he won’t, however I do think we’ll get plenty of highlight reel plays along the way.

I don’t expect Lamar to get a very long leash after this year assuming he stays healthy. He’ll either look like a guy who can be a franchise QB by the end of the season and we’ll continue to build around him or we’ll start thinking about the next QB in 2021. The implications of that for the coaching staff will depend on what we see from the rest of the team.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
If he hasn’t fixed it by now I don’t have much hope he fixes it this year or at all. I also don’t think wobbles are a huge deal
a spiral is more catchable, more velocity and could probably travel a lil deeper.. atleast thats what i think. I just hope all this shit work out soon

rossihunter2

Staff Member
If he hasn’t fixed it by now I don’t have much hope he fixes it this year or at all. I also don’t think wobbles are a huge deal

a wobble is not that bad - the problem is the short ones where the ball nose dives and i havent seen anything that looks like that yet
preseason will be the be tell-all because we'll get a non-sanitized/non-edited look at him passing

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
a spiral is more catchable, more velocity and could probably travel a lil deeper.. atleast thats what i think. I just hope all this shit work out soon
Ehh, slightly at best. I get the concern on the deep ball because a wobble can turn into a dead duck when it hits the top of the arc and it loses steam, but any bullet pass can get by with a wobble just fine.

although I’ll say it’s pretty goddamn annoying that he’s still pushing the ball with his index finger

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
That's fine - wobblers will be harder to catch for DBs as well.

Is this really where we are with Lamar already? Its fine that his throws are harder for WRs to catch (thus meaning more drops) because it will also be harder to intercept the ball. Am I misunderstanding your premise? The interception rate in the NFL I believe is at very low numbers (I believe the turnover numbers are at or near historical lows) so other QBs how to not throw INTs AND throw good balls.

I dont want to throw him under the bus but "your ball is harder to catch so while there will be more incomplete passes there will also be less turnovers." doesn't strike me as a particularly good thing.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Is this really where we are with Lamar already? Its fine that his throws are harder for WRs to catch (thus meaning more drops) because it will also be harder to intercept the ball. Am I misunderstanding your premise? The interception rate in the NFL I believe is at very low numbers (I believe the turnover numbers are at or near historical lows) so other QBs how to not throw INTs AND throw good balls.

I dont want to throw him under the bus but "your ball is harder to catch so while there will be more incomplete passes there will also be less turnovers." doesn't strike me as a particularly good thing.
Ugh, put a smile on your face. I was just joking with deebo.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
your ball is harder to catch
tumblr_ovq2zoejxE1u32yzgo1_250.gif

Icy

Practice Squad
i'm taking it all with a grain of salt, but i'm loving the reports of lamar improving because i'm starting to sense the hate people have for him is turning into fear. i'm so glad he's not letting all the negativity get to him, and he's just working hard to get better