• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

3-4ravdef509

Practice Squad
I was mad Lamar missed Mark Andrews on that one deep pass. He would have had 6 touchdowns and broken another Ravens record (to my knowledge Joe only ever had 5 touchdowns .... once ever , Lamar has had now 3 5 touchdown performances in one season)

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
I was mad Lamar missed Mark Andrews on that one deep pass. He would have had 6 touchdowns and broken another Ravens record (to my knowledge Joe only ever had 5 touchdowns .... once ever , Lamar has had now 3 5 touchdown performances in one season)
I think that would've been his 5th touchdown. The Jets blocked the punt after that and Lamar had to come back out.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
Did the Ravens believe Lamar could become the QB he is today on draft day? because I see countless arguments on my twitter tl that the Ravens "missed" on Lamar because they picked him with 32nd pick instead of trading up to higher spots to make sure they don't lose him to another team.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I like to scout the Internet after a win or loss to see what other teams think. I’ve checked PIT, BUF, TEN, NE, and others but I decided to see what our friends at RSR say. This isn’t obviously every fan there and I think it’s only one dude but this has to be the dumbest & biggest troll thread ever:

https://forum.russellstreetreport.com/showthread.php?187228-Trade-Lamar

Yes, he’s talking about seriously trading Lamar Jackson.
I saw that thread as well. Ridiculous. I've also checked out the Browns thread, but only because we play them next week.

imo, I believe we didn't see how good he would be this soon. No way we thought he would be this good in year one starting or we wouldn't have traded back. That being said, we didn't miss on him, we just took him later is all.

Hell, did the Pats miss on Tom Brady because they didn't pick him with one of their earlier picks.

ALI624

Pro Bowler
Love people forget we traded down the year we drafted Flacco and had to trade up to get him. We play the draft as well as anyone. I’m glad we drafted Hurst too think the best is yet to come from him.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Well, he might have made a little room for himself on that bandwagon.
It's pretty much how I felt yesterday after Lamar's TD to Boykin. Watching magic all season but still completely taken aback by the ease of Lamar's demolition of the NFL.

Grendelwulf

Practice Squad
I’m so jealous and sad I’m not friends with Lamar :lol: so down to earth and humble, like just hanging out would be so awesome. God bless this man! Way unreal watching him play. Intense

Ludy51

Hall of Famer
I’m looking at Hollywood’s TD on Thursday and the more I watch it the more I think Lamar didn’t expect him to be so wide open.

It looks like he expected the corner to at least keep up a little bit so he wanted to place it where only Marquise had a shot at it

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
It's actually insane that Collinsfuck says he'd vote for Russ for the MVP. Lamar literally has over 1000 yards rushing which for a running back is pretty elite all the while Idk just so happens he's thrown more touch down passes than any other quarterback in the league which I'd say is pretty elite. Now let's do a little thought experiment, you know what you can't do when you're running the ball for yards, throw touchdowns. You know what you can't do when you're throwing touchdowns, rush for yards. The fact that he's been able to do what he's done is actually kind of unimaginable. Last thought that makes Collinsfuck's comment so stupid is that Lamar has blown teams out so many times that he's sat soany 4th quarters that in terms of time playing he's literally played over 1 whole game than everyone else. Imagine what he'd have if he played the whole game of every blowout. All that and he's protected the ball and has us at min 12 wins. Disgusting take imo.